• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First Time In Public...

Guest Veronica Fallon

Guest Veronica Fallon

Hi girls,

I've been dressing for many years, but tomorrow will be my first time in public as a woman. I'm going to my first Tri-ESS meeting about an hour from home, & I plan to stop for gas on the way there & again for a six-pack on the way back. I'm sooo excited to be taking this huge (for me anyways!) step, but I'm also frightened to death! I like to feel my silicone breasts jiggle, but NOT from shaking with fear (hee, hee)!! I'm really hoping for a good night's sleep tonight so I'll be at my best tomorrow, but I'm pretty wound-up with all that's going on in my head. Any last-minute advice for a shaky girl????

Humble Hugz,

Veronica

• Root Admin

Hi Veronica,

The best advice I can give is, square your shoulders back, hold your head up and present an air of confidense. You may be shaking in your shoes but if you present that air of confidense, you'll do fine.

MaryEllen :)

Guest rebecka43

I was so scrared the frist time I went out to the only way I could do it, if I got really drunk, then The thing I did not realize was I have some pretty good friends and they got me to the point that I can go out straight as a arrow now, they have taken me to the mall were we when shopping all day even bought a bunch of cute panties at victory secerts, they have taken me out to lunch, and out shoe shopping so I have been out a many times now and it dose get easier with each and every time you go out, but I still get alittlte nevrous even know most of the people that I have meet when I have been out have been really nice,right from the sales lady at victory serects, to are waitress at the pizza place, now you will always get a strange look herre and there but there are so many nice people out there who cares about the ones that do not undrestand Love always Rebecka :rolleyes:

Guest rachael devry

ss:mellow: hi talking with you girls is great. the anticipation must be overwhelming. i here i am trying to muster the courage to go shopping for a new wardrobe. so this is the advice i be taking. illjust look my best and everything will take care of itself. it sounds good now. but ill be sweating bullets. good luck and let me know how you make out. hugs, rachael

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Krystyna_Marie
ss:mellow: hi talking with you girls is great. the anticipation must be overwhelming. i here i am trying to muster the courage to go shopping for a new wardrobe. so this is the advice i be taking. illjust look my best and everything will take care of itself. it sounds good now. but ill be sweating bullets. good luck and let me know how you make out. hugs, rachael

I had my first nyt "out" en femme tonight. Needed smokes, was already dressed, I climbed in my car, and drove around for a while in 3" heels, black pinstripe stockings (fancy undies of course!), a silver and black sparkle skirt (mid thigh - I have nice legs), a white linen blouse, pearl necklace and bracelet, hair and face fully done, stuffed bra. I drove around to a few convenience stores, even got out at one that looked open, but was locked up tight. Back in the car until I found La Mercadita, and there are no cars in the lot save one (I figured the clerk). I checked myself in the rearview, heart pounding in my ears, and grabbed my handbag, and stepped from the car. I walked the walk I've been practicing in the heels, and strode through the door. Wonderful friendly female clerk, and older female helper (maybe the owner?) behind the counter. Young girl did a glance, and then a short double take, and then a big smile at me, a shy downward glance, then the big smile again. It was really lovely, she even hunted down my brand of cigs, another smile at the end.

I hopped back in the car, mission accomplished. Oh my God, I did it! This is so cute!!!

Love ya - XOXO

km

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AmberBrownCD

arent we all sooo cute? Great stories everybody. ooh ;) they always ID me when I buy cigs or beer dressed (Im 22) and Im always like.... "uuh umm okay let me..." (I get nervious like Im 16 again) then after handing them my ID card, I get a big smile and its all good. :)