• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Do You Go Out In Public

Guest anna123

out in public  

87 members have voted

1. 1. do you go out in public dressed as a woman?

• of course
    • what are you, crazy. never
    • sometimes

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Amanda L Richards

Hi Anna,

I don't do it very often, usually because of fear more than anything. I sure would like to do it more often though 'cause this is who I really am.

I did once go out all the way. At that time I had my hair down to my shoulders naturally and it pulled up into a nice little boucny ponytail.

It took me a year to get up the nerve, and then being new to my city, the only place I knew to go to was a local lounge that catered to all, lgbt.

I so enjoyed that evening so much that I did it a couple of more times. The more Idid it, the more confident I got. I was able to even pay more attention to clothing detail rather than worry about being discovered.

I have also done it on Halloween nights, which has helped relieve the stress also quite a bit. Anytime I get to go out as myself, I am in my element and know inside this is who I am.

AmandaL

Guest Kelly Ann

and the only reason I don't...the last vestige...my little moustache that took me 40+ years to grow...never has so little taken so doggone lone to present itself...OOPS except perhaps me...LOL...and I'm thinkin' it comes off after the first of the year. After that I believe my confidence and demeanor will get me through anything.

I am at a point with my job (and bills) that I can't very much, but I dress for my therapy sessions which are in another town. So I drive to the office building and walk through the lobby. I have to say, it feels wonderful - so liberating! I'm really me! Until I get back home and have to change for appointments.

Sally

Guest Kristin318

I voted sometimes. Basically the only place I go to is to a mall the next town over. Mostly I go to the next town over because I am still a bit in the closet and I still need a bit help in passing.

Guest Christine-Louise

I feel sorry for those that can't for various reasons it's a sad fact that there are very many in that situation, I on the other hand have lived for ten years now as a Woman only, and what a wonderful life I am having, I just wish that I had done it so very many years ago, I could have had this happiness so much longer.

Guest jemanda

Sadly, where I live, even in male mode its dangerous to go out, its even more dangerous to venture forth as a female. Personally I admire the GG's who have to go out there every day of their lives and risk our society which is becoming even more dangerous by the day.

I now do get to go out in public but stick to the night time as where i live theres not a lot of people around or driving in the car in the day.

I am lucky that my new girlfreind has also driven me around in the car

Hope to go out more next year

Pip

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know really if this qualifies... most of the time I go out or go to work on womens shoes, pants and womens shirts or tops but ive never worn a skirt ever nor do i think i would. I only started doing this a few months ago so.. I think its more on the financial aspect of things huuhuhhumm. Dont have enough womens clothes ohohhohoho. When I run out I end up just wearing my usual mens. Well, in time Ill have enough I guess.

I go out in public quite a bit. I was out today in my ankle length denim skit. I go out 2- 4 times per week. I love being out in public just being myself. I've shopped, eaten in restuarants, gone to movies, and gone to church dressed. If I could, I wold dress 24/7.

Gennee

:D

• 4 years later...

When I go out wearing womens clothing, which is not all that often. I wear a blouse, pants, (dont have enough courage for a dress or skirt, but I will wear one while Iam driving) and heals along with jewelery. Amber L.

Guest kimberly c

I only go out dressed when shopping at my favorite lingerie store and to DressBarn for clothes. I wear nice feminine jeans,pretty top and heels.

I also underdress in bra breast forms nice panties and pantyhose.

Love Kim

Guest leopron

Ladies,

I have only dressed, under in public and that was very nerve racking enough especially when I did it back in the 70's and early 80's. Today I went to Salvation Army store, and bought my first skirt in almost 30 years. I am going to bring this skirt I bought and blouse to my first ever meeting of a support group, I just recently joined. I am still scared even though it is a support group for us. This is first time ever being true of who I am to not only myself but to a group in a public place, (big step for me I have always Known who I am just have never ever displayed it). Let me tell you this if anonymity was not part of the deal, I would not be doing this I take a big risk doing this, I could loose everything precious to me. About the only thing I feel I do not think I would loose is my wife (as she knows but she doesn't really accept, she is of Latin decent Macho-ism and all that stuff from her culture even today is a big part of influence of who she is), but the family, career, and friends I really think I would loose, and that is the scary part of all of this. My wife has told me, whatever makes me happy, that's cool, (she is how the rest of the world should be), which is one of the reasns I love her so much.

I am rambling

Love all of you just writing about this helps.

Talk to you all soon

:wub: All of you!!!

:rolleyes:

Leopron

Guest ~Phoebe~

Answered of course. I have been going out in female attire for a few years in public. Have been called "mam" on occasion. I have my hair grown down to my shoulders and have my hair permed. Mostly wear women's jeans and women's tops. On occasion have gone grocery shopping and errands wearing a skirt and one inch heel women's shoes. Have never had any negative remarks made. Have been a voulenteer in a mostly male envoroment for over ten years and went with makeup, dressed in skirt, woman's top, nylons, one and half inch women's heel shoes this past Halloween. The other males had great humor about my hidden side. One male said I looked better as a female than male ;)

I picked the "what are you, crazy never" option BUT! I do not feel this questionnaire is a good one as none of the answers give an accurate picture of who I am. I am yet to enter out in public as a Women but that is just because I am not yet ready, not emotionally but physically. I look to TS women who don’t care how believable they look or if they can “pass” and just get dressed up however want to and get out there, POWER TO THOSE GIRLS I admire you all! but to me it’s a big deal weather I pass or not. As soon as I feel that I can pass I’m GOING TO BE out and about in an outfit that makes the prettiest of good looking natal girls look average! LOL

Removal of my permanent 3 O'clock shadow

a decent wig

women’s shoes that fit me! I live in a town of 30,000 people and there is not a single shop that sells women’s shoes even close to fitting my foot.

All this on top of travelling 1300km round trip for psychologist, TS friendly doctor and endocrinologist, two boys who attend a private school and a rental property I own that costs me at the moment a lot more than it earns me, some bad debts from a business venture that did not end well, like a lot of people here online my biggest problem is MONEY!

You need a fourth answer that people like me can tick which is;

"do you plan / intend to dress in public a LOT as a woman but are not yet for whatever reason?" My reason being money!

I feel the answer I picked does not at all represent me. I am relatively new to this world of TS but in my defense for not going out in public yet my psychiatrist said that in comparison to his other TS patients I am moving extremely fast!

The day I do venture out in public as a girl I will proudly be changing my picture to a new one that is actually of me regarding my Laura’s playground pic.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Eve Caillard

I under-dress 90% of the time and feel very happy. But outside and outdoors - no. My wife has asked me not to and I will honour that. And I don't have the courage to do it anyway! I do hope to go to one of the UK Transliving club nights some time which are advertsied safe CD environments, (when I pluck up the courage) but not yet. I'm too new to this CD life. What I'd love to do is wander out in the garden dressed at night but I need the whole family out the house to do that! Small steps!

Guest Wendae

I dress more frequently at home but do get out at least every three weeks to my therapist and spend time shopping after the session. I try to wear clothing that will not attract attention. No bright colors or high heels. All of my excursions have been wonderful and I look forward to every trip.

Guest Lori Brady

I go out every chance I get,which unfortunately hasn't been too frequent as of late....but I cherish the moments when I do,,,,and of course preserve with piccies...lol :lol:

Guest Emma Leigh

I sorta go out..but I most definetely avoid the public.....I rarely do it..but I have been known to go for a drive to somewhere quiet in the early hours of the morning when no one is about and then take a stroll...so I dont know how that counts in your poll

Guest Lori Brady

I know you go out 'cause me and Nat were hiding in the bushes on the side of your house! B) Yeah Emma! :) I'm so happy to see you here!....good God girl do something with your profile pic already...lol :lol: :doh1:

I sorta go out..but I most definetely avoid the public.....I rarely do it..but I have been known to go for a drive to somewhere quiet in the early hours of the morning when no one is about and then take a stroll...so I dont know how that counts in your poll

• 2 weeks later...
Guest virginiaJ

I voted sometimes because Im still concerned with being outed or getting pulled over while driving but I do go out on occasion. My most public excursion was going to buy womens jeans while wearing fem jeans, t-shirt, and womens tennis shoes. Mostly I just drive while wearing dresses at night when visiting returning home from family out of town. Though the last time i did that my van s headlight was out and while stopped at a light the guy in front of me got out and ran back to me to tell me about it. Trying to find a way out all I could do was just open the small triangle window and tell him my other window doesnt work. If he noticed he didnt say anything though it looked like he was laughing on his way back to his car. Remind me to get that light fixed dont want to go through that again. LOL

I didn't vote because the poll needs a "not yet, but plan to" option. Then I would immediately vote that one.