• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Feminizing Haircuts

Zufrieden

What to do with hair? I've usually had short hair, that is, once around the top with the 9 mm electric clippers. I'm letting it grow out to see if I can do something different with it. I have no idea what.

I've always had a high hairline that's distinctly unfeminine. I have full head coverage, but barely at the crown. I'm not looking for anything outlandish, just to try a direction and see if I like it.

Any ideas, suggestions?

And wigs are right out.

Z.

For me, hair transplants would not be an option. Everything I've heard about them sound pretty gruesome. Would the point be to lower my hairline?

I was kind of looking for advice on whether to just let it grow like a bush until I have 2-3" and then do something or whether to try now to cultivate some look. It's more to try something different to see if I like it. I may just go back to giving myself haircuts with the dog clippers.

Z.

Guest Melissia
For me, hair transplants would not be an option. Everything I've heard about them sound pretty gruesome. Would the point be to lower my hairline?

I was kind of looking for advice on whether to just let it grow like a bush until I have 2-3" and then do something or whether to try now to cultivate some look. It's more to try something different to see if I like it. I may just go back to giving myself haircuts with the dog clippers.

Z.

I think i would try to let it grow but that doesnt take care of the hair line problem on some looks you may want to try some different styled wiggs i have the same problem so you are not alone on this i am also open on any suggestions

Help! I'm being censored! They're deleting my posts and then quoting me! Da noive! :lol:

I answered MaryEllen the text that is quoted by Melissa, but my actual post seems to have disappeared.

Probably somebody hit the wrong button somewhere. No harm done.

Z.

• Root Admin
Help! I'm being censored! They're deleting my posts and then quoting me! Da noive! :lol:

I answered MaryEllen the text that is quoted by Melissa, but my actual post seems to have disappeared.

Probably somebody hit the wrong button somewhere. No harm done.

Z.

Haven't got a clue as to what happened. If you remember what you said, try reposting it.

MaryEllen :)

It was just a bit confusing.

I posted a message. It didn't appear for hours.

Melissa posted Post #3 quoting my post which hadn't shone up yet.

I joked about censorship. It didn't appear for hours.

My two posts showed up, the first one as Post #3 which pushed Melissa down to Post #4, and Post #5.

Z.

P.S. You can't quote this until it actually appears!

Naw not censorship. Posts are approved as long as they are within the posted rules. We try hard to keep posting delays to a minimum. It either got missed, lost in the Twilight Zone, or it fell between the couch cushions and was down with the change we collect here that falls out of peoples pockets in the main lounge. If a post is not approved users are told why. So if you don't see it ask a moderator and we'll try and find it.

:D

Laura

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SharleahLynn
Naw not censorship. Posts are approved as long as they are within the posted rules. We try hard to keep posting delays to a minimum. It either got missed, lost in the Twilight Zone, or it fell between the couch cushions and was down with the change we collect here that falls out of peoples pockets in the main lounge. If a post is not approved users are told why. So if you don't see it ask a moderator and we'll try and find it.

:D

Laura

Does that mean we go hunting ? SharleahLynn

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Katie-Louise

Ive got quite long hair now and i'm looking for some cuts which would suit me I was thinking of having it straitened than curled towards the end or parted in th middle but I dont know which will suit my head shape which is like a horizontal rectangle if u know what i mean

_____

| |

| |

| | Something like that :P

|____|

• 1 month later...

My next hair appointment is this coming weekend. I would like to change my hair style from short masculine to something more feminine. How can I get this across to my hairdresser without saying "make my hair style more feminine"?

Hi Maria:

Welcome to the forums.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my hair. If I had the money, I would simply go to a hairdresser and say,

"Give me a women's hairstyle that works with the amount of hair I've got." In cases like these, it's best to say exactly what you want.

Being indirect may result in not getting what you want. You don't have to explain any further, just let them think whatever they want.

I did try to go to have my ears pierced. I certainly didn't want to have that screwed up. I said, "I want regular women's ear piercings for

regular women's earrings." I ended up not having it done there because they couldn't do an 18 gauge piercing.

So, just ask for what you want and don't accept substitutes. Good luck.

Z.

Hey Z-

There is a product i have had suggested: Trentinoin.

It's supposed to give real results even in the crown and front.

I know nothing about it.

It was just suggested as a hair restoration alternative.

Ang.

Yes direct is the best method but if your hair is really short now, infdicating you want to start growing it out might be a good start till you do get some length, without coming out and saying you want a womens cut.

• 1 year later...
Guest Jodytg

Hi all. I to am just starting to grow my hair out. Many years ago i was told that by a hairdresser tht because I combed my hair straight back for so long that I would have to grow it out. As it grows I am combing it in all different styles just to get the roots to change directions a little. I wear wigs now but they are so expensive and hard to find in my rural area that I want to pass with my own hair eventually. Just my idea so I will try to get a professional opinion withibn a couple of weeks.

There is a great site DailyMakeover .com that allows a user to up laod their picture (one for free)and then do thousands of well hundreds of hair styles and make up. I made the mistake of putting my picture on without foundation and beard cover so until I take a pic with my foundation make up on I will not purchase the full use. I recommend this site if your looking for ideas on lipstick hair style eye make up and some accessories. If any one knows of other make over sites please share them.