• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Frizz

Guest .Christine Elizabeth.

Guest .Christine Elizabeth.

My hair is always very frizzy when dry, any way I can take care of it without arrousing susspision from the rents?

Guest Robin Winter

I would suggest a smoothing conditioner used whenever you wash your hair, but maybe you already do, I dunno. It's not strange for anyone, male female or otherwise, to want to tame frizzy hair, I wouldn't worry about anyone's suspicions.

• Forum Moderator

I agree with Shilo, There is nothing male or female about many hair products. Scents used are the only problem. Kill the frizzes with no fear.

Hugs, Charlie

Guest Robin Winter

I recommend trying Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth shampoo and conditioner.

I would highly recommend getting a flat iron, that's how I deal with frizz aside from the conditioner, but that might not be something you're willing to do.

• Forum Moderator

I've heard that the "leave it in" kind of conditioner helps for frizzy hair. I've a headful of wavy frizzy hair but haven't tried that product as of yet.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

You're not styling your hair in any way? How long is it? Maybe start looking up some hair styles for however long your hair is (short, medium, long) and use the defense that you just want your hair to look good. No harm in that, guys and girls do that.

• 1 month later...
Guest HarajukuWarrior

For some women quality hair comes naturally but for most girls it's literally a battle.

Thinking of it reminds me of all the commercials for beauty products out there.

Worst of all, it's something everyone has their own solution to.

Myself, I've learned not to wash my hair everyday. In fact, it's best if I do very little to it at all.

My favorite conditioner is Paul Mitchell. (Purchased from a salon so that you don't get bottom of the barrel stuff)

A friend recommended that I only wash my hair once every two weeks but I was so used to washing my hair every night that

I kept ignoring her. Finally when I went on a trip I wasn't able to wash my hair for a while and one day I woke up and

my hair was PERFECT.

In fact, this might seem crazy but it helps to not even brush it at all. The more you brush it the more the abrasion can

dry it out.

Shower at night when it's the coldest and let your hair air dry.

Last but not least, I have a trick of my own that I haven't done in a while but it used to work great.

Put on a Santa hat and do a lot of exercise. The oils from your head get trapped inside when

you sweat and your hair becomes shiny and soft!

(I learned this by surprise while working as a valet around Christmas time)

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

Argan Oil. I only recommend Moroccan Oil, or One'n'Only Argan Oil as good brands. I have fabulous hair. (;

PS. Moroccan Oil cost 40$ per small bottle at Target, and One'n'Only is sold at Sally's Beauty supply store for 10$. .

Guest Robin Winter

I dunno about how well it works, but my (now ex) hairdresser used moroccan oil spray on my hair last time I went to her, and if nothing else it smelled amazing. I mean, like, I was sniffing my hair every ten minutes or so up until I washed it out. I wish I could afford to buy it.

Guest AlyTheGreatAngel

OH ALSO. If you have very frizzy unmanageable hair, there is a simple and expensive solution. Dye your hair darker, like black/chocolate brown, dark hair dye closes the hair cuticles. Closing the hair cuticles make the hair really soft and shiney! Dark hair dye just changes the texture of hair in a good way. People dye it for the texture change rather then the color. Its actually very simple to do at home. IF DONE RIGHT.

So...

Dye your hair dark.

Apply a Hair Gloss(Not Glaze) every 2 months.

Wash your hair only 3-4 days a week, less is you can.

Condition a lot more than you shampoo.

Like I SAID ARGAN OIL is from heaven. C:

SLEEP in a loose braid!

Well those are my fabulous hair tips, hair tips get it? HA.

• 3 weeks later...

I to have been bothered by frizzy blow away hair. My hair is very thin and dry. This weekend I tried Volumizing Mousse in my hair. Wow. I put about about a tennis ball size rubbed into the ends of my wet hair. After blow drying, I have great control all day long. My hair is soft, doesn't feel sticky like hair spray does, and stayed pretty much put all day long. I'm sold on Volumizing Mousse. It made a great difference in styling my hair. Give it a try. I've found my solution. Kathryn