• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Electrolysis appt today

KathrynJulia

Guest MsPerseveres

J'aime lire le francais ici! There are so many great expressions in French, maybe because they're "foreign" to us "tetes-carrees" :-).

Thanks for your cheerleading Vicey!

Hugs, Brenda

Guest angelvice

Brenda sweety,

I had no idea that you spoke french! Bravo Cherie! Hihihi!

So girls, is it therefore possible for Lucky to do Laser for her beard? I told her that for the legs its just TOO damn expensive, but I can always lend her my painful hair ripping machine MOUAHAHAH!

As for percoset Kathryn, i think ill just buy EMLA, its OTC here :)

I dunno about Laser, but i know for electrolysis you need to buy *time* here, so they have plans for say 2hrs, and they just take time off your card as you use it up... you don't need to pay everytime... so something like eyebrows, which takes say, 10 mins, could only take a full hour in the 5 sessions you may need to clear it completely... its not that expensive for that part of the face...

LEGS on the other hand take something like an hour PER leg PER session.. a friend who did it told me it cost her 2000$ for her two legs... ill keep using my 30$ machine thank you!

again... *il faut souffrir pour être belle!*

xoxo

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

It's totally possible for Lucky to get laser done on her beard. Mine took 8 sessions before my tech said "No more laser for you, from here on out we'll do electrolysis to get the white/grey hairs and whatever few dark hairs that are left. I dunno how good Lucky is with pain. Laser hurts, even with the cream on. Granted I think it will hurt more without the cream. I have heard if you do laser after you've started HRT it kinda hurts more because your skin is more sensitive and softer from the estrogen. I got all my sessions in before HRT and I muscled through the pain.

Guest MsPerseveres

Merci madame! Un autre raison de se rencontrer en personne :-)

("Thank you madam, another reason to meet in person.")

Brenda

Edited by MsPerseveres
English translation added.
  • 4 weeks later...

I was talking to my Gender Therapist about electrolysis and found out she was a licensed Hypnotherapist and she is going to record a hynotherapy session for me with a trigger to numb my face to pain. I go back in two weeks to see her and I'll be able to keep it on my iPhone.

On another bright note, today my face looks like a train wreck from yesterdays electrolysis. I had some stops to make after my appointment and didn't go right home and put ice on my face. I'm paying for it today. I've had a couple people comment on it.

And if that wasn't the only thing I've had to deal with today, my girls have been sore all week. I arrived at work before I realized that I was wearing a form fitting shirt today for the very last time. I got to work, stopped by the rest room and looked in the mirror and had an OMG moment. That was when I realized that my development was showing. And I've caught a couple people obviously staring at my chest. It has been a long day. Quitting time is taking on a whole new sense of urgency.

Knowing my famial genetics, I may be reaching male fail pretty soon. The woman in my family were blessed by chest development. I suspect I'm not going to need augmentation surgery after all. My daughter is so going to give it to me the next time we get together. Little Miss Eagle Eye will notice.

Sighhhh........ Kathryn having a happy Thursday NOT :banghead:

• Forum Moderator

Ice does feel good on the face afterwards Kathryn. I go to band after electrolysis sometimes and i wonder if others see the redness, gawd this is a long process !

Male fail happens in many ways, hang in there, actually getting kinda tired of hiding the girls and went out for exercise in a form fitting top today it felt great, a few gawkers from cars and guys in trucks, oh well, just smile....

Hugs

Cindy -

Hi Cindy

I grabbed a half dozen cold packs after work today that one of the labs was tossing out. They receive reagents and they are shipped cold. I'm going to take them with me on the electrolysis days so I can ice down my face. My face is a little better today. KJ

• Forum Moderator

Yeah cold packs work nice too and less messy then ice cubes in a baggy.

Glad your skin is feeling better Kathryn, just in time for the next cook off ;-)

C Rae -

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)

• Natnewgirl
    • rachel w
    • VickySGV
    • Willow
    • DeeDee
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

CipherKai
    Newest Member
    CipherKai

1. blackcatkittycat
      blackcatkittycat
      (30 years old)
    2. Charlize
      Charlize
      (74 years old)
    3. GamerGirlEmily
      GamerGirlEmily
      (23 years old)
    4. Madelyn
      Madelyn
      (32 years old)
    5. Michelle F
      Michelle F
      (68 years old)
    • Lydia_R
      I'm feeling a little better today.  Susan is spot on here.  For me, right now, it is a matter of financial security.  I just want to be out of the business of paying interest.  I had to deal with paying a whole year of taxes in April and I'm just now recovering from that.  I need to build up some savings, or rather financial progress, before I can justify spending any more.   My plan today is to schedule an electrolysis session to real feel what that is like.  Then my thought is to wait about 2 years to jump into this.  At that time, I should have a new roof on my house and have my mortgage below $200K.  And if I can have a nice emergency fund/buffer in my finances, then I should be able to feel good about spending money on this venture.   I plan on doing a full transition and paying out of pocket for the whole thing.  If I do it at all that is.  I have a good career.  My career path has been shaky.  It's been a rough journey.  And whether I transition or not, I'm going to have a frugal retirement.  But I absolutely can afford to do this.  I've worked it out in my budgets.  I think that the more financially sound I become and the closer to retirement I get, the more I'll feel that this is the right path for me.  The activities that I've setup for myself in retirement are absolutely free and even have the possibility of earning income.  Although I could imagine having a better house, there is no need for that.  My house is wonderful and has architectural features.  I drive a $5,000 car and work from home.  I don't even need the car and have spent a good 20% of my adult life without a car.  I biked 700 miles last year.   I don't know what else I would spend my money on.  I just know that I don't want to be spending it on interest!   The big question is will I still want to do this in 2 years?  I'm curious about how healthy I'll feel in 2 years.  I'm a little nervous that HRT and surgery would be  bad for my health.  Are there stories on this site about people who have had bad outcomes with surgery?
    • Mx.Drago
      Remembering my grandfather's, the one I lost and the one I never met. Also, remembering friends of the family. But I don't usually reserve the holiday for time off, I usually always work.😔
    • Mx.Drago
      😁Elegantly put! Love it. Thanks!👍
    • KathyLauren
      Nice to see some positive news for a change!
    • KathyLauren
      After I started HRT, it was about two months before the girls had grown enough that they were at risk of being noticeable.  By that time, I needed to wear a bra.  (Not for support: five years later, I still struggle to fill an A cup.  More for motion control.)  I was able to hide it under thick winter shirts, but as the weather warmed in spring, that became less of a possibility.    The final straw was playing in a concert band's spring concert.  The uniform was white top/black bottom.  There was no way to hide a bra under a white shirt, so I had to go out and buy a (man's) white tank top to go under it to hide the bra.    Shortly thereafter, I ended the charade and came out, exactly three months after starting HRT.
    • Ticket For Epic
      I'd like to preface (that's how you spell that?!  Who knew?) this by saying that I know everyone responds differently, at different rates and with a staggering range of ultimate outcomes, so I would take any reply with a grain of salt.  That said, how long might someone have before they start to raise eyebrows amongst those aren't "in the know", but have known you for years.  And how long might someone have before... say... a lesbian leaning bisexual sister that married a trans man and has been close friends with several (trans men) but has (I'm relatively sure) had little interaction with trans women, (same for me, runs in the family I guess) start to ask questions, if at all?  Though I'm assuming that's unlikely.   Why is this one so hard to hit submit on!?  Huge wave of anxiety!
    • Mmindy
      🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋🇺🇸
    • Tellington
      I looked it up and they actually have an English version of their website! I thought they were French but they're just in Europe. As I said i didn't test their gym binder, but I quite like their extra-compressive one.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      @Mmindyis correct.  This goes back all the way to the Revolution.  Earlier, even.  On one side of my husband's family, every generation has served...all the way back to the colonial militia in Jamestown in the early 1600s.  Kind of interesting to study the history.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      To me, Memorial Day is about those who served and died, and also about those who survived but carried pain and trauma afterwards.  We should remember the cost of maintaining our way of life, and also the cost of careless politics.  And our leaders should see the cost, and be inspired to choose peace where possible.     My husband served in the National Guard. Won't talk about it.  His father was in the Army in Vietnam, and his mother was a military physician.  They don't talk about it.  There's something unspeakable that those in service go through, and often it is a family tradition.  This weekend, they're decorating the graves of military veterans... including friends and family.  While we're enjoying sports, barbecue, and time off....we enjoy it because others have secured this time and place for us.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      @LearningWhoIAm I really feel for you.  It must be awful to have such a negative reaction.    However, all is not lost.  Your husband cried because he loves you and your life together.  It is possible that love may prevail.     Based on what he said, it seems like he has two issues.  He's unable to absorb the idea that your personality isn't changing, and he is worried about being or appearing to be gay.  The first one can work itself out in time. The second may take some counseling, but he may be able to overcome that also.   IDK what vows you said at your wedding (if any).  Mine were the standard set of "for richer/poorer, in sickness/health, etc" until death.  Men often live by a code of honor, so returning to a specific promise like that might influence him, or at least begin a calmer discussion?  
    • Jackie C.
      Tragically, that's me always. My "tan" is a scattering of small freckles, no closer than one inch apart or I burn like a magnesium flare. The sun is NOT my friend.   If you don't already, I'm also going to suggest moisturizer. It's a girl's best friend for maintaining a youthful and healthy appearance.   As always, the laughter is free. Glad you appreciated it sweetie!   Hugs!
    • Ticket For Epic
      @Jackie C. The "white-out" Comment had me in stitches!   I feel the pain!  That's me in winter but I'm a "day walker" and tan an orangish color come summer.  Luckily, I'm freckled everywhere but my face, oddly they faded permanently after a couple seasons of roofing in my twenties.  The sun has done me no favors (it's not THATa bad but...)20 years of a beard however, saved the lower half of my face.  Problem is, there is now a notable complexion difference at my beard line and I'm certain it would call attention, should I ever go out without a mask.  I may never go out in public without a mask again, even if I never come out and boy-mode for the rest of my life...  Sublime!   I just need one damned girlfriend!   Don't get me started on the anxiety feel walking down the makeup isle.  What the hell does an orange girl do for foundation!?  Try finding that on YouTube.   Anyway, thanks for the advice, which I will take and the laugh, which was much needed.   Much luv
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      @Vidanjali Awesome!  Glad you already have projects, and celebratory ones at that.  Cute shirt too!  If I was a bit bolder I'd totally wear one ☺️
    • Jackie C.
      Whelp, I'm "can use white-out as concealer" pale, so I think I feel what you're saying. On my skin, a little bit goes a long way. I usually just do some eyeliner, MAYBE some eye-shadow, lipstick and then call it quits.   As a ginger, if you're freckled... you've got two choices: Either do what I do, or run concealer over everything to cover them up. Personally, I adore freckles but you have to do what feels right for you.   Hugs!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.