• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How To Sound Like A Girl

Guest chibi_usa

Did This Help?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. This helped right?

• Yes
    • No

Guest chibi_usa

Thank. I'm pretty sure that right now I might be better. And even if I'm "deeper" now it's much more natural. If you have any questions PM me. I still don't really know what G#5, A#4, or G#4 means. Not good with all the notes. What does it mean? And CandiFla's did help a bit. I understand what you mean though, because I had difficulty doing it. Thank goodness though, that I figured everything out myself. It was hard, and I was pretty much made fun of for a bit, even when I was 19. At the moment I have kinda of a deep girl voice. But I don't strain, I don't try, I don't think about it. It's now my natural voice.

P.S. In the future I'm going to practice making my voice a little higher. I don't wanna have that "deep girl voice". Trying to find my youtube video and was unsuccessful at finding it. I'm going to try to make a blog to make everything more organized. I just keep getting so lazy ;c

https://soundcloud.com/user51954709/sounds-from-monday-morning

(Rate my voice) From 1-10. Tell me where I am. Be honest! 1 is boy and 10 is girl. Always good getting constant opinions on where I am.

Wow Chibi this thread is AWESOME. Thank you so very much!!!

Honestly your "voice shortcut" shown in the YouTube video, is BY FAR the best tool I have ever found to finally reach a somewhat decent female voice. And believe me, I've tried practically everything offered out there. I mean all the fem voice courses/methods out there, singing, you name it.

Of course, NOT EVERYBODY will be able to go as high as you go when you go real high before sighing (you reach a G#5, that is, about 830 Hz, which makes me think your natural voice is tenor or even high tenor, and it breaks somewhere around G#4 or even A#4). also I believe you were still a teenager, around 19 y/o when you recorded the voice shortcut, right? Ican go as high as that G#5 you do reach in the video, but I strain my vocal cords a bit. Since my voice break is at G4, I feel more comfortable going only as high as G5, and then sighing. Then I get a "girl voice" a bit similar to yours in the video, only about half a note lower as an average.

I will be honest, the main reason why I signed up to this web site, is because of THIS THREAD, how useful and insightful it is. IMO, your shortcut is MUCH BETTER and easier than CandiFla's videos because she never explains the most important thing: how to reach the female falsetto voice (the Minnie Mouse voice, as opposed to the regular male falsetto, which is the Mickey Mouse voice, which is WAY DIFFERENT in sound and quality to the female falsetto. Being able to reach a FEMALE falsetto voice is THE KEY to achieving a convincing feminine voice IMO, as opposed to just being able to reach a male falsetto voice, which requires almost no effort really.

Anyways, I signed up, I wanted to thank you for such a GREAT thread and I really hope I can be informed if you have found any other shortcuts, or uploaded any other videos with your voice reciting some passages or just talking whatever stuff, I am sure it will be really helpful for many people struggling to find their fem voice, because IMO when it comes to passing, voice is about 50% and the rest is the other half!!!

Much love

Elegant

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paula ult

• ElegantLady

This is an incredible thread! Thank you all and Chibi in particular, your command of a subject so difficult for many mtf to master is amazing.

For purposes of background, I am a mostly closet CD who dresses when the opportunity presents itself and will go out en femme a few times a year. When out en femme I do everything to pass to the best of my ability. Based on observing others while I'm out, I am becoming more passable for movement and makeup, but my voice is still not great (honestly all 3 areas are a big work in progress). I have been practicing my female voice for 15-30 minutes each day on my drive to work for the past year using the deapstealth exercises.

We all learn differently, so my first question is a variation of early questions in this thread. Chibi, in an earlier post during this thread you suggested -

1. Open your mouth.

2. Put your tongue to the back of ur upper front teeth

3. Push it

4. That's the feeling of the girl voice

What a great suggestion, it really gives a clear description of vocal position. My question is - can I think about these steps as using the laryngeal muscles to hold the larynx "up and tight" in my throat and the muscles in the roof of my mouth to hold the uvula "up" when speaking with a female voice? Also, do you think I could use the technique you describe throughout the day, without making sounds, just to keep the proper muscles strong?

My other question is - with the limited time to practice, 4 to 5 times in a good week, do I have much hope of achieving a passable voice? At least for shorter duration conversations with store and restaurant staff.

I would appreciate any feedback I can get.

Hugs,

Bobbi

Guest Kayla Grace

The point is to change the pitch of YOUR voice, not change your voice entirely. say "hello", both in a deep, and in a high voice. and you'll feel the difference in your voicebox. This will work for everyone since I have a very small adam's apple - to the point of nonexistance. Besides that, there's not really much else I can advise since over text, it's really difficult.

I will point out though, that sometimes females have low voices, and males have high voices.