• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Where do you get your clothes from?

Guest Sandra

I measured myself up and then ordered bra's, knickers and a dress from Amazon. Everything fit fine so now that I know my size the next step is a visit to Primark with my partner to buy sets of lingerie and dresses. I can't wait :)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charlize

• Jani

• Teri Anne

• Michelle38

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

When I first started buying ladies clothes, I was extremely nervous.  I was lucky to have my fiancée who is also transgender to help me with what I might need.  But I could not help seeing all the people watching me.  But now as I buy more ladies clothes I am becoming more comfortable.

• 3 months later...
Guest AshleighP

I used to get really nervous buying clothes. Now, I just go, browse, pick things up, and eventually buy the clothes i want. Most people are so busy with their own lives they don't take time to notice what others are doing. if you do the same, just focus on your purchase, very few, if any, people will take notice. As stated before, it's supposed to be fun, and it can be with a little confidence.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favourite places to shop is La Vie En Rose. I always go there for any lingerie, comfy sleepwear and the essentials like bras and panties. One particular location all the sales associates know me and that I dress. They always greet me with a smile and ask how I am. Will let me know of sales, new products that I may be interested in, will also allow me to try something on. Other stores I've been to have been good experiences as well. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/24/2012 at 6:07 AM, Guest fantastictoo said:

Sandra,

I also like going to Walmart for the self checkout lanes. I don't like the people who tend to mill about around the womens area either,or the feminine products like the makeup section either. Eventually it gets easier, I think. I've been doing it so long that I almost feel add if I belong there. With Halloween coming up, I can't think of a better reason to be shopping for clothes, and Christmas too.

Good luck and be strong, sister!

hugs!

Melissa

• 3 months later...

We all worry about those types of things. It's really hard to get over those feelings. I'm going to tell you what I do everyday that will help you! Every morning when I wake up; I style myself and I look in that mirror and say girl your fabulous and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. This gives me the support I need! As crazy as it may sound it helps. All in all its not the opinion of others that matters. Who cares what your buying! It's nobody else's business but the consumer. Once you get that can do attitude you can do anything! I wish you the best of luck! We are all here for you. :D

Lots of love,

Brenden McCormick 

OML I replied in the wrong section!! I am so sorry! Anyways I buy from TJ maxx, jcpenney, kohls. 

On 5/24/2017 at 4:54 AM, Guest AshleighP said:

very few, if any, people will take notice

The key here is to be confident and just act as if you were a cis gendered woman. I found that even shopping in man mode no one ever gave me a second look. I think I have drawn more attention shopping now that I'm out full time, but that's because I don't always pass.

I shop Walmart, JC Penneys, Target and some times at goodwill.

Hugs,

Brandi

I shop at Cato, Lane Bryant, Soma, and Target as a man with no issues.  Because I have a teen daughter and have realized that smartphones are EVERYWHERE, I do shop outside the city in which I live.  

I used to be VERY nervous and self conscious, but no more.  Sometimes, the salespeople obviously believe I’m buying for my wife...sometimes it’s equally obvious that they think I’m shopping for myself.  Even in the latter case, I’ve never experienced more than a confused look.

The Cato sale rack has GREAT deals, btw.

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Moderator

For me it is Walmart, Kmart, but mostly Ebay. I have purchased about 90% of my wardrobe from there. I am fortunate that I have found my size and pretty much the stuff I get from there fits. Most things I check if measurements are given. Then go from there.

I do however mostly avoid the Asian sellers as their sizes are way different from American.

Kymmie

• 2 weeks later...

Walmart

Lane Bryant

Torrid

i get shoes from Shoe Show. They have up to size 14 which is me

Just now, Roche11e1 said:

Walmart

Lane Bryant

Torrid

i get shoes from Shoe Show. They have up to size 14 which is me

I have actually been measured for bras at LB and Torr. It was amazingly easy.  They were great

• 1 month later...

My wife buys my clothes for me.I go with her in male mode.We have very similar tastes and mostly shop at places that cater for middle aged girls like us.Our favourite is the uk chain store Bon Marche.They have some great stuff there and we often get discount stamps.We used to love M&S but instore they have gone downhill.The dresses are woefully old fashioned and uglIy.I find their online stuff to be better.We akso buy from the mail order company Damart.We love their stuff we have great fun browsing through the many catallgues they post to us 

I Buy Almost All Of My (100+) Bras On Amazon...I Buy most Of My Other Clothes From JCPenney...I Love Shopping At Goodwill (I Find Most Of My Clip-On Earrings There) Dresses, Tops, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I buy some Bras from Janet's Closet, Other women's clothes at Walmart or Target. I also check out Consignment shops that are focused on ladies clothes. We have nearby in Brattleboro, Vt. The Dress Barn, Nice clothes very reasonable prices and very CD friendly. I have gone there with the wife and tried on skirts, blouses and Palazzo Pants. 

Some other sources that I have bought clothes are the following: Lingerie Diva, Plus in Love, and the Woman Within. They all have  great selections of plus sized clothing.

"josiep"...My Sister-In-Law supplies me with a lot of my "Girlie Clothes"...We are the same size (Except For Bras).

im quite brazen, i will quite happily go into ann summers, la senza. newlook, peacocks, h & m, top shop, primark, asda's etc etc, i do not get nervous if somebody see's me locking and finding my sizes etc, especially in the lingerie dept.

although sometimes for speed an conveinience i order from ebay, only thing i note with ebay is, if your product is coming from china work on the next size up that you are 

• Forum Moderator

Once you get over the fear, there is nothing like shopping in person.  It is a totally enjoyable experience. 

Jani

• 1 month later...

I shop everywhere women's clothing is sold...

No fear!

If they give me any guff I show them my ID...!

LOL That always gets them on their toes and very attentive ROFL

?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2017 at 1:18 AM, Katy S said:

I measured myself up and then ordered bra's, knickers and a dress from Amazon. Everything fit fine so now that I know my size the next step is a visit to Primark with my partner to buy sets of lingerie and dresses. I can't wait :)

I order a lot of clothes from Amazon as well. It fits 99% of the time and it's usually good quality, I don't usually buy clothes from eBay. The dresses from Amazon are amazing! :D

I have started using the “wish” app lately. I’ve only gotten a couple of things so far, but the cost is beyond low. The quality is good to decent as well. Not great but not paper thin or itchy or anything like that. The clothes come from China so there is a lengthy shipping process, but 2-3 weeks seems pretty standard so far. And getting a nice sweater cardigan for 11 dollars is a good deal! Also you have to size waaaaaayyyyyyy up. An xxxl is about an L-XL. There’s measurements on most of the clothing so if you measure yourself and buy to those numbers you’ll be good. I haven’t had any issues so far. All great fits! I’m an xxxl and I’m 6 feet 185 or so pounds. 

I have bought clothes online as well.  I have bought from Zaful.com.  They are pretty decent on the quality and the prices are good.  They are a China company.  One thing I have learned with Zaful is that when you order, go 1 size up.  Their sizes tend to run a size smaller than most.

But alot of my dresses have come from them and I get alot of compliments on my dresses.

Lots of Love

Amy