• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Have a 3DS? Get the New Style Savvy Demo....NOW!

Guest AngelaA88

Guest AngelaA88

I'm not too into gaming these days, but I wanted to bring attention to Nintendo's new 3DS Style Savvy: Trendsetters game currently set to be released on October 22nd. (1 free demo currently on the 3DS shop with 1 more coming later).

The game is a simulation of owning a clothing store and allows you to basically plan and manage a whole ton of aspects about your sales. There are a bunch of other activities in it as well such as participating in fashion competitions by piecing together stylish outfits for your chosen model to wear. I didn't know what to think of it at first, but I soon found myself spending hours just with the demo - coordinating outfits is insanely addicting (there are supposed to be around 12,000 individual items to buy in the game too).

The series seems to be fairly popular in Japan, and though the game is aimed at girls, Nintendo actually having a say over the development of the game means that Style Savvy is actually higher-quality than just about every pink-covered/Barbie-themed game ever released. The online features also seem exciting since you can shop & browse through other people's stores/outfit collections online.

There was a previous Style Savvy released for the old NDS handheld (my character is my forum avatar pic) and I have not seen a single bad review for it - Gamestop's community seems positively buzzed about it, the IGN community rates it at 8.5, and Kotaku gave it a rather thorough/favorable review (the guy reviewing even found himself having fun with it even though it's mostly womens' fashion!!!) ~ lol

My sister and I am currently playing the old one as we wait for Oct. 22nd, and it's really nice how you can dress your character, change hair, makeup, and accessories with a lot of freedom. In-game customers will notice what you or the shop's mannequins are wearing and your sales can increase or decrease depending on how eye-catching they are/how well the outfits are pieced together. At the very least, it does a great job of giving you the illusion you are working in a fashion shop with sales goals, mangers, coworkers, & inventory management.

I've not been overly-excited about any games released these days, but Style Savvy really grabbed my attention with its quality and it seemed like a bit of a waste not to spread awareness about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AngelaA88

lol....Wow, 53 views and finally one reply. I'll love to hear from anyone so far as what they thought of the game if they got to try it out.

It just released this morning and Amazon seems to have completely blown through their entire stock already.

Guest AngelaA88

Amazon.com is selling again ~ yay!

GayGamer.net and NintendoLife.com both have very thorough, favorable reviews posted now.

It'd be a shame to not give the game a try if you own a 3DS.....even if you aren't really all that into fashion-y stuff, the game still stands out as a shop simulation since Nintendo & Syn Sophia put a lot of detail and quality into the game.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I definitely need to check this game out. I have some experience running a virtual shop (playing Recettear these days), and it being more fashion oriented sounds fun. I don't have a 3DS yet, but I might look into getting the DS version for now... Wow, this is so cool :D Thanks for sharing.