• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

This Christmas

Guest KristinaJ

Guest KristinaJ

Okay so here's the run down.. *big breath*

I'm currently on my last day in Orlando, Florida with my family at Walt Disney World. I'm here with my cousin, mom, mom's boyfriend, grandfather, grandmother, uncle, aunt, grandmother-in-law, and brother. We took a long long bus ride from Virginia (19 hours!!!). I feel really crummy and not a second went by that I wasn't jealous and hopeless of the GG's enjoying the hot weather with all their cute outfits.. *Sigh* My cousin (14 male) kept commenting on how much I looked like a girl and kept bugging me about my hair and it kind of tore me up inside because he kept implying I wasn't supposed to look like I did. It takes ALOT to boil my blood with someone (especially family) off-line.

I had to get a bag because I wanted to drag around a raincoat and multiple decks of Magic the Gathering cards for playing with my bro and cousin. I wanted to get a cute purse but of course I couldn't bare to be the target of mocking from stupid people (I got a few stares at the Blizzard Beach waterpark, one of the lifeguards even said I had to wear a top, not realizing I was male >>;), including my cousin and the darkening of everyone's holiday with my.. problems. I was going to buy one of those canvas carry-all bags but opted for a durable bag made of recycled cloth-like plastic-y material. It's really a shopping bag for the people who refuse to use paper/plastic bags to save the environment-sort of thing. I used it basically like a purse, holding it the same, keeping my wallet, phone, brush and scrunchies in it as well as miscellaneous things.

This whole holiday had it's ups and downs but mostly I'll say it was a downer.. it was good to see everyone but it felt so alien, it didn't feel like Christmas, like a surreal/dream-like state. I don't know how I feel about my mom having a boyfriend.. he's nice and all it just feels really funny and just not normal, their divorce is hitting me harder than i thought it would.... *Sigh* my dad called my cell six times and I ignored it each time.... I don't need him making my holiday any worse than it already is.

Thanks for listening, and sorry if I bored.

Never bored, but always sad whenever I hear of someone having a bad holiday and in "The Happiest Place on Earth", there ought to be a law!

You are at avery difficult stage in your transition and your parent's divorce as well - I'm so sorry. Eventually you will be able to cope with both and then you won't have to sufer through another holiday like this one.

Remember, whenever you are down come to the playground and chat with someone - we are all here for you, you are loved for the person that you truely are.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Sofiadragon

Don't feel bad you sound like you had fun but @ the same time your family was just being a pain, but that is part of what a family is supposed to do. Don't let it get to you if they don't understand don't worry just treat it as another bump on the road of life.

Guest Elizabeth K

Families can be a joy, but they can also be a PAIN-PAIN-PAIN! :blink:

Holidays can be fantastic, but they can be so depressssssing too 'cuse you are supposedly so happy - and you're not-not-not.

Hey - hang in there.

Say, didn't you get a bit of a thrill when the pool guy thought you were a girl - wow... :blush:

And I never did like all my cousins - some were such jerks.

Bad about the divorce though - that is gonna take some time..

Life is tough, then its over. Talk to us when you are down - here at Laura's someone always seems to answer - we loves ya with all our hearts dear. :P