• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I'm generally ecstatic! 4 more years, thank you very much

Guest danabanana

Guest danabanana

I'm so glad that we don't have that creeper Romney in for the next term. My biggest concern if he did win was the environmental impact of loosening regulations. Solar and wind and geothermal are a few of the best ways we can efficiently gather power. Tesla was on point. It's all around us. Why foul waterways that bring life giving water to animals? Those streams feed larger creeks and rivers that support fragile ecosystems and we also get much of our drinking water from there. Gas is a sham. Fracking had destroyed ecosystems, deer have been found with hideous cysts and tumors and fish are belly up, and salamanders and turtles and frogs are all in decline or nonexistent in some areas. And I LOVE turtles. And salamanders. And snakes. And skunks. Not that I pick them up and hug them and squeeze them like Elmyra.

We're here now. Don't be selfish, be a stewardess. Fly united. United we fly. Divided we die. I kind of like that, although it is a bit morbid....

Guest KimberlyF

I know someone who's a kind of negative person who was depressed earlier thinking of a Romney victory.

Lucky for her she'll get four years where she won't be able to blame her troubles on someone else. At least this someone else.

To me elections have always been like the Super Bowl. Yay! My team won! Now I have to get up for work in the morning and everything will be the same regardless of what teams are in there the following year or who wins.

I was worried for a while - the Republicans at work had the TVs on FOX NEWS and they made it sound like Romney was winning - I got home and it was all over.

I am so glad that FOX NEWS is not a reputable source of information.

Love ya,

Sally

Washington has come up blue, and appears to have voted in same-sex marriage as well as legalization of marijuana. Pretty cool - I've already asked a friend when she's getting married.

It's a big relief - I was truly afraid of the other party's theocratic agenda and all that stood for.

But, I still had to turn up the Who and sing along as they pounded out "I get on my knees and pray, I don't get fooled again!".

Love, Megan

Can I have the next dance, if Megan's Mate doesn't mind? Giggle. I'm happy enough to sing too. I posted earlier that I could sleep better tonight and my insomnia has been raging ever since. LOL. I'm not much of a political advocate, but I certainly admire and thank the ones who are. I'm glad the "new boss is the same as the old boss..." Jody

PS---Can we ever give old Sheriff Joe the boot? That and his Camp-kick-a rock. I love my pink underwear and I resent his, never having worn them thank God. Ttthhhhhht!!!! JT

Guest danabanana

Washington has come up blue, and appears to have voted in same-sex marriage as well as legalization of marijuana. Pretty cool - I've already asked a friend when she's getting married.

It's a big relief - I was truly afraid of the other party's theocratic agenda and all that stood for.

But, I still had to turn up the Who and sing along as they pounded out "I get on my knees and pray, I don't get fooled again!".

Love, Megan

True that!

Speaking of gay marriage and marihuana I can imagine there are going to be some wild receptions to come!

;)

• Admin

Yes, it was a good result. I actually felt sorry for Mr. Romney. He looked so sad. But hey, that's politics. Now comes the hard part - trying to lead when the Tea Party is trying to push the bus over the cliff. Good luck with that, Mr. President.

One little sour note for me from last night; in the President's speech he called out all the groups that are part of the American fabric, including specifically gays and lesbians. No mention of the TG Community. Given what he and Biden have said on other occasions, I really thought we would be included. :(

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Velanna

Carolyn, I feel the same. The TG community didn't get mentioned ,although it's of little importance whether or not we were mentioned, but still! It's just that society isn't to the point where TG-ism is as widely accepted as homosexuality is. But in due time we will prevail! I'm hopeful that, hopefully in the near future, LGBTQI people fighting for equal rights would be in textbooks and not the news.

Guest MsGsptlsnz

Celebrate or mourn all you want. It didn't make much of a differance who won.

Snippets from an article on a Romney Win...

As I have noted in previous columns, the differences between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are miniscule on virtually every salient issue. They both supported TARP; they both supported Obama’s economic stimulus package; they both supported so-called assault weapons bans and other gun control measures; Obama has an “F” rating from Gun Owners of America, while Romney has a “D-” rating from GOA; neither man supports a balanced budget; neither man opposes foreign aid; they both supported the bailout of the auto industry; they both have a track record of being big spenders; they both fully support the Federal Reserve; they both oppose a full audit of the Fed; they are both supporters of universal health care; both men are showered with campaign contributions from Wall Street; neither of them wants to eliminate the IRS or the direct income tax; both men are on record as saying the TSA is doing a “great job”; they both supported the NDAA, including the indefinite detention of American citizens without due process of law; they both supported the renewal of the Patriot Act; they both believe that the President has “executive power” to assassinate and kill; both support the “free trade” agenda of the global elite; they are both soft on illegal immigration; they both support NAFTA and CAFTA; they both have a history of appointing liberal judges; they both believe the President has the authority to take the nation to war without the approval of Congress; and neither of them has any qualms about running up more public debt to the already gargantuan debt of 16 trillion dollars.

Romney even supported Obama’s bailouts and the useless $8 billion stimulus. And he’s hostile to the notion of engaging in serious budget cuts, telling one reporter, ‘I’m not going to cut $1 trillion in the first year.’

Let’s not also forget that Romney’s advisors actually met with Obama’s advisors on a dozen occasions to assist them with designing ObamaCare!

Entire Article here... http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/archives/5229

So like I said, celebrate or mourn. Your choice. But your vote for the latest American Idol will have more of an impact on the direction of our nation than the vote you did yesterday.

Guest danabanana

I talked to someone today who referred to Obama as a Muslim, and the local news boards are full of the same rhetoric. Blah, some of the people are so sad.

Guest KimberlyF

The amazing thing is we have these elections every 4 years and these candidates regardless of party claim to want most of the same things. Better schools for our kids, energy independence, budgets that balance, lowering the debt. Then they get in office and kick the can to the next guy. Who blames it on the last guy.

I have a plan for how we can be energy independent about 5 years after I'm out of office...

Guest danabanana

But maybe this will be the time they are telling the truth. Just kidding, Kimberly, and I totally feel ya. I love our country more than I liked any of the candidates.

Guest LizMarie

MsGsptlsnz is generally right except on one crucial point. While those two candidates were similar on "big" issues, they were miles apart on the topic of us. Obama may not be the best friend we can have but he is not hostile to us. Romney's record as governor, such as blocking anti-bullying regulations for public schools because the text contained references to transgender individuals shows where he stands against our community. Romney said he'd reinstate Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

So given that the two candidates are so similar on other issues, I voted for Obama because he supports me way better than Romney would. And Joe Biden publicly speaks on our behalf.

Look at Ryan:

In 2007, Paul Ryan cast the lone pro-gay vote of his career, voting for a version of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act that would have made it illegal to fire an employee just for being gay, lesbian, or bisexual. But he refused to support the bill if it included similar protections for transgender Americans.

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) also said he would likely vote against the legislation with transgender protections, and he said he’s told Frank as much.

“It makes it something you can’t vote for,” Ryan said. “I think ENDA’s the right thing to do,” but transgender language “changes the equation.”

Ryan declined to detail his objections, saying he wanted to read the final package.

Read that again. Ryan thinks we're some sort of monsters and if he had been elected he would have used his office to push Romney against us further. He sees our rights as not equivalent to those of gays, lesbians, or bisexuals. And he is considered a mainstream Republican candidate. (Article is on thinkprogress.org, search for "How Paul Ryan Helped Kill Employment Protections For Transgender Americans".)

Guest Lacey Lynne -  Free Spirit

Celebrate or mourn all you want. It didn't make much of a differance who won.

Snippets from an article on a Romney Win...

As I have noted in previous columns, the differences between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are miniscule on virtually every salient issue. They both supported TARP; they both supported Obama’s economic stimulus package; they both supported so-called assault weapons bans and other gun control measures; Obama has an “F” rating from Gun Owners of America, while Romney has a “D-” rating from GOA; neither man supports a balanced budget; neither man opposes foreign aid; they both supported the bailout of the auto industry; they both have a track record of being big spenders; they both fully support the Federal Reserve; they both oppose a full audit of the Fed; they are both supporters of universal health care; both men are showered with campaign contributions from Wall Street; neither of them wants to eliminate the IRS or the direct income tax; both men are on record as saying the TSA is doing a “great job”; they both supported the NDAA, including the indefinite detention of American citizens without due process of law; they both supported the renewal of the Patriot Act; they both believe that the President has “executive power” to assassinate and kill; both support the “free trade” agenda of the global elite; they are both soft on illegal immigration; they both support NAFTA and CAFTA; they both have a history of appointing liberal judges; they both believe the President has the authority to take the nation to war without the approval of Congress; and neither of them has any qualms about running up more public debt to the already gargantuan debt of 16 trillion dollars.

Romney even supported Obama’s bailouts and the useless $8 billion stimulus. And he’s hostile to the notion of engaging in serious budget cuts, telling one reporter, ‘I’m not going to cut $1 trillion in the first year.’

Let’s not also forget that Romney’s advisors actually met with Obama’s advisors on a dozen occasions to assist them with designing ObamaCare!

Entire Article here... http://chuckbaldwinl...e/archives/5229

So like I said, celebrate or mourn. Your choice. But your vote for the latest American Idol will have more of an impact on the direction of our nation than the vote you did yesterday.

The lovely and wise person above speaks the God's honest truth, I believe.

Obama, Romney in the USA and whoever else placed in high office in other countries? It matters not a bit. They ALL take orders from the real ruling class whose members you'll never see, hear about or even know about. Amoungst (but not soley) the real rulers are the dynastic banking families of the world. Doubt it and think that's a crock of bull?

Okay, tell you what, ponder this question, please:

The Federal Reserve in the United States ... what is it ... who owns it?

Hint: It's not federal. There is no reserve.

The people who REALLY own, control and direct The Federal Reserve are some of the real rulers behinds the scenes, and these people are profoundly morally and mentally ill albeit marvelously clever and fantastically skilled. The nightmare world around you (and it IS to those who can perceive it) is solely of, for and by them.

The economic system they've created, continue and enforce is a hideously-malignant cancer which is killing people, animals and the planet. By its very nature and function, it destroys everything ... ultimately.

They are building a worldwide police state. Doubt it not. Think Worldwide cup cake Germany and you'll be in the ballpark about what they want and are, indeed, creating.

NAFTA, GATT and especially the NDAA in the USA are fantastically pernicious, malicious and malignant. You have no more civil rights, folks. The police state IS here, and, as the saying goes, "You ain't seen NOTHIN' yet, baby!"

Only a peaceful yet organized resistance to their overwehlming evil, like those of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., or The Mahatma Gandhi, can possibly stop them. Is that going to happen? Most likely not. They are doing everything possible to pervent that too. Often times, I believe divine intervention is the ONLY cure. Who knows?

Sigh, ...

Most of you reading this will think me crazy and worthy of ignoring. Your loss. Who amongst you is ready, willing and able to put in the extensive and exhaustive research necessary to uncover these seeming truths? It's all masterfully hidden, brilliantly executed and fantastically evil. There are a handful of fabulous researchers who've unmaksed their chicanery. The knowledge IS there about what's REALLY going on, but you've got to REALLY work to find it.

Folks, nothing's REALLY going to change. Obama did not really do that much because he cannot! The system is designed that way! A complete system redesign is needed.

Go to AMAZON books and search for a book entitled "Agenda for a New Economy" by author David C. Korten. That book and his others tell the tale, at least superficially.

Peace & Joy :friends: Lacey Lynne

• Root Admin
Most of you reading this will think me crazy and worthy of ignoring.

I don't think you're crazy, Lacey. Far from it.

MaryEllen

Guest Lacey Lynne -  Free Spirit
Most of you reading this will think me crazy and worthy of ignoring.

I don't think you're crazy, Lacey. Far from it.

MaryEllen

Thank you VERY much, Mary Ellen!

Actually, I'll "come clean" and state my real beliefs at this juncture.

To me, The Bible may, in fact, be literally true, and what we are seeing now is the unfolding of and fulfillment of end-times prophecy portending global apocalypse with The Battle of Armaggedon betwixt the spirit forces of good and evil being the ultimate culmination of said debacle.

Though I'm a Unitarian Universaslist, faith-wise, these days (because of their acceptance of people like us), I cannot shake the feeling that The Bible is actually the truth. Sigh. If it IS the truth, heaven help us, because many of us will "be toast" with me very much included in that group!

In Faith :friends: Lacey Lynne

Postscript:

There are those amoungst the very top rank of researchers on these worldwide conspiracy (fact rather than theory!) matters who say that the real rulers behind the scenes are ultimately not of this Earth. Actually, I believe them. What a world ... sigh. Peace unto you ... Lacey B.

I always thought Revelation and the end times were something coming in my lifetime. Now in retrospect I think it started in the end of the seventeen or beginning eighteen hundreds, Our current period is a vast acceleration of the prophecy. The end game of the end times. It could last another few hundred more years and I will be viewed as Chicken Little. Some how I doubt that. I'm glad I'm a girl in the sunset. Jody

Guest Melissa~

Jody I'm certain it's in the bible that no one is to knows the end time.

The fact is plenty of metrics in the world are progressing better, others are getting ugly like the limited energy supply combined with entropy. How to adapt society into a lower energy future, without mass casualty. That's not end times, it's a matter of policy.

Guest Julie_Mason

There are those amoungst the very top rank of researchers on these worldwide conspiracy (fact rather than theory!) matters who say that the real rulers behind the scenes are ultimately not of this Earth. Actually, I believe them. What a world ... sigh. Peace unto you ... Lacey B.

Hmmm... I find myself wondering if you have ever read "Chariots of the Gods?"... While Daniken unfortunately did "spoof" some of his evidence (and has been discredited by those who wish his message silenced), all other evidence that was presented was accurate (I have researched them thoroughly) , and the theories presented, sound. Please, all intereseted, grab a copy of this book and read it with an open mind... You will be glad you did.

There are so many other related theories, oftentimes contained within parable, fiction, or humor as to self-protect the writers from persecution, but if one looks at all of the empirical evidence, as a whole, one starts to see a pattern of correlation.

I could sit here and list all of the references to this phenomenon (it would take a month), but I think its better for people to search for some answers on thier own. I merely like to be a catalyst for change. You all have the tools necessary...So use them.

Ordo ab Chao,

-Julie M.<3

Guest Melissa~

I find it unlikely the planet is an alien ant farm, I'm not sure why an alien culture would not have interceded on large scale self destructive measures like nukes and the environment. Clearly it would be a far from an ideal food model, whether we or something else was a target protein/mineral/energy. I'm afraid we are very much alone to our own devices, to advance culture as we can until, a natural cataclysm or self destruction clears us off, as it has happened several times before on this planet.

In the movie "groundhog day" it accurately depicts that it takes many millennia for a single person to become a perfection of themselves in a single environment. When multiplied over the breadth of a society and culture the math to achieve perfection is rather daunting.

In short I'll settle for doing what I can to do no evil.

Guest artistformelyknownasnicole

Yes, hooray for 4 more years of drone strikes, increased off-shore drilling(funny he tries to paint himself as an environmentalist), more unnecessary wars, and cowardice from the Democrats to do anything about the economic inequality.

I hate the 2 party system.

Guest carolynn2fem

mass lay offs have already began. a ressesion is a sure thing. will it go into a depression? i dont know. the last 4 years were not good, the next 4 will be far worse

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 119 Guests (See full list)

• April Marie
    • Petra Jane
    • Mmindy
    • Evelyn J
    • Birdie
    • Karen Carey
    • Avra
    • EasyE
    • marysssia