• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Doing a Talk Tonight

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I'll be at Cal State University Northridge tonight with my son, doing a talk about my coming out experience, from both of our perspectives. It's at 7:00 p.m. in the Student Union building. It would be nice to see any local LP members there. They expect an audience of 100 or more. Cool! :)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Thank you Carolyn for being such a strong speaker for us. I'm on the other coast or would be there with bells on my toes.

Hugs,

Charlie

Darn, on the wrong coast again.

Wont make it even if I started driving now.

I'll be there virtually though.

Thank you for representing us, Carolyn.

Huggs,

Joann

Edited by Guest
my prudishness
  • Forum Moderator

Can you film it for us? I would so love to see it and I know it would imean a lot to those who have children to see where your path has lead.

It's so cool

Johnny

Guest Robin Winter

I so admire you, Carolyn. I sincerely wish I could do what you do. Maybe when I'm out to everyone I'll find the courage. Good luck, I'll be with you in spirit.

Edit: I'm just noticing the time and realizing you've probably already gone and finished, so I guess I won't be there in spirit :P, or if I am, my spirit will be awfully lonely.

Guest LauraJen

I've no idea what the time difference is but I am guessing that I am late too. It's just a shame that I wouldn't have been able to go anyway - 5000 miles across mostly water is a bit of a trek :-(

I hope it went/is going well. If I lived over there I would definitely like to see the wonderful things the people of LP do in the real world like this.

• Admin

My wife did a video on her cell phone. I should be able to upload it to Youtube in a few days and I'll post a link. It was a great event, with a mother and FtM son, and a young couple, one of whom is another member of LP. But I will let her post on it if she chooses. i don't want to make that decision for her. We had 50-60 in the room, mostly young people, and a couple of transfolk.

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. Your support really helps. it gets easier with each telling, although i did lose it at the very end.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie