• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

you will not bulk up.

Guest mistygirl7

Guest mistygirl7

There are no types of exercise that helps feminize your look. If you have been on HRT long enough I say at least over a year you will not bulk up. Working out doesn't even mean bulk up. It's just toning and or losing weight. Iv been doing a lot of workout that requires weights and I am not bulking like a man.

Although be sure to check with your doctor to make sure your t level are staying down or bump up the med.

Guest (Lightsider)

I agree. Once testosterone is removed as a factor a female will not bulk up unless they intentionally do it. But for trans girls that is darn near impossible to do.

I have been lifting weights and I am only toning up.

• Forum Moderator

I'm hoping to maintain enough strength to work the farm, move hay etc. but can feel and see the bulk flowing away. I've also noticed men jumping in to fill the gap which is lovely.

Hugs,

Charlie

• Forum Moderator

Coming from the opposite direction I am finally beginning to get my head around the fact that if I eat now and exercise I will bulk up rather than getting fat. And I CAN"T bulk up without eating more. The physiology really is different.

And I am SO glad. I did stay strong and able to keep up with most men in my prime before health problems changed it. I just never realized how much harder I had to work at it till I got on T. Women can be as strong as men generally, It's just much harder to do.

Johnny

Guest mistygirl7

I really agreed with what Nicole posted on the link. You weights that you can lift without being too heavy that will help speed up metabolism. Also don't just lift weights, you can also do intervals training excersie like squats, TRX, sledge hammer, ext.

Anything that you can mix up together be doing it for 30 sec X 3-4 times with only 5 sec rest between set and 60 sec per rotation.

(30-5-30-5-30) 60 and repeat 3- 4 times.

then a different set of workout right after in the same manner.