• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Intersex and Turner's Syndrome

Guest BobbiLee

Guest BobbiLee

Hi all!

I have a question I wanted to pose to you all. The last couple of days I have been researching "intersex" and found something interesting but not sure how to proceed. I will start by saying I mentioned in some of my earlier postings that I have not come out or even discussed my situation with my wife of 16 years.

When conducting google searches I found a website that talked about intersex...it was the Intersex Society of North America. As I am looking down the links on the left side of the page I saw a link to one of their article on Intersex Conditions. The reason I say it is interesting is because my daughter has Turner's Syndrome with a Mosaic Ring X chromosome. She was diagnosed at a very early age (15 months).

Now, given that I have always "felt" like I should have been born a female (and that is what SAGE and COAITI say I am as well), I am wondering if there is any real correlation between that and my daughter's Turner's Syndrome...has anyone heard of or know of anything like this. As I have mentioned in other posts, the feelings I have I kept (and still do other than here) repressed. What added to my confusion is when I saw a report (I think on ABC) where a man went in for something, I think kidney stones, and they found out he was actually a female even though he had fathered children.

I hope I am clear but my mind has been going crazy since I have read this...

Take care!!

Bobbi

Guest angels wings

Bobbi the only way you can find out is by first seeing your GP . Tell them your concerns he may be able to request some tests. Also seeing a therapist would help especially in making choices that are right for you in the future. Your therapist if she or he feels is appropriate will then refer you to an endocrinologist who can then do more specific tests. There is no way we can even guess the human body is so amazing and everyone is so different .

Angel :)