• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"Ive lost the armor of mine heart..."

Guest Julie_Mason

Guest Julie_Mason

I've lost the armor of mine heart,

Though in the past it did its part.

To wield that shield of manly guise,

And block the world's most judging eyes.

But now the tables they have turned,

And thus mine shield it has been burned.

In ashe it rests around mine feet,

This heart no more hath safe retreat.

No more may I wrest life defended,

From fears and woes my heart unmended.

Laid bare my soul for all to see,

What lay beneath, mine heart's true me.

Too long was I a person faux,

Beviewed through haze, a fogged window.

This brume obscured the light inside,

Now that it shines, it cannot hide.

It seems as though this should feel right,

To bask amongst mine heart's new light.

Alas howe'er it also seems,

Mine heart hath lost its armor's sheens.

I hath no guard, nor ward or mail,

Protecting me from judgement's hell.

Exposed I sit in life's cruel jest,

Without the aid of armored crest.

Through means abound, try as I may,

Once shield is cracked, its gone away.

So now I stand with no defense,

'Gainst future blitz that may commense.

Ive lived, Ive loved, Ive lost all while,

Myself I hid 'neath manly guile.

And now world's eyes I must beface,

With unsheathed heart to take its place.

These are my feelings about having dropped the "male-facade" that was my life, but in-turn loosing the protection it provided me. I assume I am not the only one in our position that feels this way, so I wanted to share what I felt, since my heart cannot hide any longer.

This was my first ever attempt at writing in iambic pentameter, and I spent the last hour writing it. Hopefully it does not disappoint any of you who read Shakespeare, as he has (since around the age of 12) been one of my literary idols.

Armorless,

-Julie M.<3

Guest Julie_Mason

Thank you, all who read and/or responded :)

I have been trying too long to keep my emotions bottled up inside, and now that I have started expressing them through the literary wonder of poetry, I know that there will be much more writing from me in the very near future.

Take care all,

-Julie M.<3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

• CallMeKeira
    • JustineM
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Eric D
    Newest Member
    Eric D

1. Callie40
      Callie40
      (46 years old)
    2. Vanessa Michelle
      Vanessa Michelle
      (46 years old)
    • JustineM
      That was....... interesting. Mom finally text me this morning and told me she got my letter, wanted me to call her this evening. Finally got off work and called her about 8. Really got mostly a lack of any real reaction. She asked a couple questions and kinda tried to guilt-trip me over my wife and boys possibly leaving. (No they aren’t) And that was it.  I’m grateful that she didn’t blow up at me or anything but I really expected some kind of response.  It’s kinda got me a little concerned.
    • ElizabethStar
      The rest of the clothes I ordered came in. I had slightly better luck with a few of the tops. The sweater I posted in the what are you wearing thread is one of them. It's mostly the arms that are too small. Lesson learned and returns are free. There is also a mini-skirt. It's black, pleated and shorter than I anticipated. It'll be good as long as I don't bend over. What a shame I have to up my "act and move like a lady" skills. My wife asked about what I bought, she's only seen the sweater at this point (I can tell she's jealous). Before I could answer she asked if there were any dresses. No, no dresses. Skirts? Yea, I replied in a matter-of-fact kind of tone. I quickly reiterated one of her previous statements that I could wear skirts as long as she didn't see it. The problem is she would see me leave and/or come home. I mentioned this fact and agreed that I wouldn't parade around or rub it in face in any way.   So again it appears she is becoming more accepting. We'll see how it goes when she sees me leave for coffee tomorrow morning in a mini-skirt and knee high boots.   night everyone    
    • ElizabethStar
      The phone case..... I actually got it awhile before I was out. It had one of those ring things on it but it blocked the image so there was no love lost when it fell off. Not that you can tell in the pic but my phone is rose gold. More things about myself I should have paid better attention to.
    • Mmindy
      For the night or the job?    Inquiring mind Indy want to know.   Good night, I'm off to bed.   Hugs,    Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Willow
      and 4 hours later I quit.  
    • Willow
      @KymmieL I think I owe you an apology.  I wasn’t looking for a job but one has fallen into my lap.  Part time working from home.  I was on Facebook and saw a post from someone who I didn’t know I responded .  She got back to me and 3 hours later I have a job  
    • ElizabethStar
      Alexa found me the station Top Pop so I've been listening that a lot lately. I'm starting to like Ava Max.
    • LaurenA
      I have my fingers crossed but from what I've read so far the Senate Republicans are already trying to gum up the works.
    • Jani
      As far as federal regulations go this is changing.  The Biden administration has instructed those involved with this to review the rules and to make sure gender is on the list.  The prior administration had thinly interpreted the law to be sex and not gender, and only for employment.  
    • KymmieL
      Don't really know why but the VA has her on my care team. She is monitoring  my blockers and E. She is great. from what I have been told quite well known.   Kymmie
    • Jani
      All my best!  Jani
    • Chloe Cozee
      Hi @Willa,   So sorry about your last post with what your wife said. Yes remember your sister has great love for you!   Hugs, Chloe
    • Willa
      Hello everyone and thank you for your replies! Audrey, it’s a pleasure to meet you I look forward to reading of your experience in the forums!   with all the other things that I told everyone about in my initial post I somehow forgot to mention that I have been put in touch with a tri-state trans gender support group and I have already had a phone call from the moderator of the group. That put a bit of a sparkle in my eyes!   The not so good news is that I have found out what I accept you but I don’t approve I said by my wife means which oh really nothing. My realization of this came the other evening as I was washing the dishes and she approached me and in an almost lighthearted manner told me about the new nominee for assistant secretary of health home she characterized as a homely Man with long hair.  She indicated by CVS that she thought that hole of a trans women were also ma’am and that I can foods me. So she made herself clear later by saying you were a man and one of these days she will wake up from this fantasy and behave like a man. I thought we had gained some ground but I guess I was mistaken. Why the gift of clothes I don’t know as it does not fit with her statement.   Please forgive me for spoiling the uplifting post I’ve earlier.   still got a love that sister of mine!   Take care and blessings to everyone. Willa   P.S. moderators, will you please watch out for any Siri dictation quirks? Thank you so much.
    • Jeanette West
      Thank you everyone! Went to Best Buy and picked up a Sony 4K player and hooked it up to the TV in my hotel room. $199 and now I have beautiful, razor sharp movies to watch. I'll get one, then time to get some sleep; I'll be up for my Hibiclens shower and relax before my car gets here to take me to the clinic. The magic starts at 6:00 a.m. as per the doctor.  
    • Jamie68
      That's awesome Trilly! I used to live to eat, now I try to eat to live. I have an elliptical in my garage with a computer hooked up to big speakers. I'd put on Brooks and Dunn "Last Rodeo" video and work out. I've been thinking about going to the gym and doing core strength training now since I read that with cardio you loose breast fat along with the rest. Dam, I'm trying to make them bigger not smaller. Cardio might be what you want though Tyler. Funny, you're trying to gain a deep voice and beard while I'm trying to do just the opposite. Jamie
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.