• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Favorite Time Of Day

Guest mia 1

• Admin
My favorite time is sunset, for some reason I feel more at ease after that. Can't quite explain it, most people see sunset as the end of day but I'm like its only chilltime until night time starts up. Perhaps I think too much.

I'm with you Kerasa. Sunset, just as the sun breaks the plane of the horizon over the sea on a calm balmy night and sinks ever so slowly into the water, bathing everything in a red-orange glow. That's it right there. Ahhhhhh.

Carolyn Marie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

Guest Ashlee

My favorite time is in the evening as I'm taking a shower.

All the stresses of the day seem to just wash away down the drain.

I come out feeling refreshed and new.

Ashlee

Guest nova

My favorite time time of the day is between 3 and 4 in the afternoon. The sun is at just the right angle in the sky and the colors of nature look the best to my eye. No harsh shadows and highlights, the colors look the most natural to my eye. It doesn't last long, but that'a when I like to be ouside just kicking back.

Guest ashley4623

I've have ALWAYS loved the twilight hours, especially the evening twilight...

Its just such a magical time. It's not really day, not really night. The skies are just amazing, and full of vibrant color... and its different every time. It's also such a fleeting moment, gone in the blink of an eye.

I do a lot of nature photography around this time. It's a very healing thing for me, and it's truly an amazing feeling to be caught up in the moment... I feel as one with nature, and have somewhat of a spiritual experience--I can feel the presence of God around me. There are just no words to express how beautiful it is... so I'll have to post some photos I took:

2465232323_6860d7e7ba_m.jpg

2455608828_aa1cf84eb2.jpg

900341789_04de0c8717.jpg

Each one of these photos has a different story to it. Whenever I look at the photograph it brings back all of the memories and senses of how it felt to actually be there as I photographed it. I can feel the heat again, hear the waves, see the random tourists and people around me savoring in the same moment. That's what I like most about it... its a time of the day when everyone savors the same thing, the beauty of nature.

So yeah.... I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I got carried away, and then... I had to share this with every one :)

---Ashley

Guest Evan_J
In all truthfulness my favorite part of the day is very short - it is that span of time between falling asleep and reaching REM sleep - when the thoughts of the day have all washed away and dreams have yet to begin, that all too short time when your mind is totally at peace.

Love ya,

Sally

ooo thats a good one. And I also like the flip side. Eaaarly morning, when you wake up but don't actually get up and "float" a while. If you get close to falling asleep then too its an awesome sensation

Guest Lisa marie

Early morning seeing the sun come up over the hills and sea where i live.

And then well i put on some very loud Breakbeat and dance for 30 min while drinking my coffee, set for the rest of the day.

Guest Selkia

My fav part of the day...doesn't happen everyday but i'll say it anyhow

Is when dawn slowly comes..where it is still dark..but it gets lighter and everything turns gray with orange..and when it has and still is raining but it comes down slowly..the light reflects in the raindrops making sparkling lights dance in the wind...as the wind blows back and forward...so does the water it makes it as though there is an outline of a being in the rain...then the wind blows towards you..it's warm embrace twisted with the cold freezing raindrops..

-sel

Guest Cazz333

7: 03 p.m in the evening; usualy twilight where I live in summer. Otherwise it's around 4 or 6... Pretty much when 3/4 of the sun is either sunk or just yet to rise. Most of the time it's when I feel most active. During the day the sun's too harsh.

2nd best is when the moon is around and the air is not too cold.

• 3 months later...
Guest Natalie92

I have 2:

1) Anytime spent with my best friend. Whether I'm texting her, talking to her in person, painting each other's toes (My ABSOLUTE favorite! :D), talking about boys, talking about the future (ie. leaving VA for good and going off to college!), going to lunch, going shopping, getting into trouble, or just being near her, I love it.

2) From the time I get into my bathtub to the time I fall asleep when I can just relax.

Now that I am off my Dr.Rx meds I can get by with 5 hrs. of sleep and that means going to bed at 11:30 and waking up around 4:15 so I get the late nights and the wonderfully quiet time in the a.m.

The time Mark TWain said was before the early folks woke up, and after the late folks went to sleep..the quiet time......just like colormy world said150 yrs. later.....

Guest Jean Davis

Well my best times are when there is a good thunderstorm.

I find it quite comforting that even the mighty earth has it's problems and has to release some fustrations.

It makes me feel better somehow that I share something with such an important object.

Jean

Guest Astro_Liz
I like the space that is too late to be night and too early to be morning, when the world is asleep. I like the quiet solitude it affords.
mine is at night i feel like a vampire its cool ^.^
Night, ima vampire! Bwahaha

Looking up into the stars and feeling warm and fuzzy on the inside, similar to the feeling I get from skirts! Lol

night time i love being awake at night

Gates

I absolutely LOVE the wee hours of the night!! Everything is peaceful and quiet and I can just do my thing without interruption!

My fellow night walkers! You may call me... Count Liz-ula! MWAH HA HA ha ha *cough cough hack* Err... ummm... yeeeaaaahhhh.... :blink: *retracts her fangs*

Have always been a night person. Me and the giant evil fusion reactor in the sky don't get along to well.

Every night before I go home from work (1am-ish), I drive out to the shuttle launch pad, go up to the 255 foot level (the top), and spend a couple hours just looking at the endless horizon of stars over the vastness of the gentle ocean. It's pristine uninhabited coastline for 25 miles in either direction, with no man made lights anywhere in sight... you've never seen so many stars. When they reflect off the water on a good calm night, it feels like I am floating around up in space.... No sound, no distractions, nothing but me and the universe. Then you think about how you are standing at the literal spot where man launches from to explore those vast horizons. You look to the moon and realize you can draw a line from its face to yours, for this is where the greatest adventures mankind has ever known began from. To reach out and be able to touch the sky... Its a humbling moment, and I am thankful I get to have it every night. :blush: *sniffle*

As the moonwalkers best described, " it's magnificent desolation".

~Liz~

Liz

That is one beautiful piece of prose, you painted such a magnificant picture I could see it in my mind and felt like it was me looking out over the universe. You have a gift.

What a wonderful post.

With Love

Erica

Guest Astro_Liz
Astro_Liz that is one of the best descriptions I have heard in along time....BRAVISIMO!!!!!

Mia

*blush* Thanks Mia :blush: *hides in embarrassment*

This is kind of a crummy version, but this is the best

I can put to that moment. I <3 Andy Mckee

Although

(AH-MAZING!) and
are some of his best. A real prodigy. Just gets my mind all a flutter. :blush:

Anyway, off to the pad for my nightly rendezvous. Going to be able to watch the space station float by tonight. :blush:

~Liz~

My absolute favorite time of any day in my life can only occur on very special occassions - Like Astro Liz I am a bit of a night person and when on cruise ships I tend to be up rather late either playing in the band or listening.

Afterwards to relax a bit I walk up on deck to the bow on the deck just below the bridge - there are no lights in this area - so there will be no distractions for the bridge officers.

On a calm night the breeze is gentle and the sounds of the waves against the bow are rythmic and very soothing, almost hypnotic.

One night in particular stands out in my mind, a calm and cloudless night on the South China Sea - hundreds of miles to the nearest lights so the stars were all visible and the array is unbelievable - you could never imagine so many stars and all so new to me, it had been so long ago that all of the country had disappeared around my home town and the stars are all masked by ground lights - not there standing alone on the deck at 3 AM forgetting all about the tiny problems of this speck of dust and feeling very much at peace with the universe.

I have never achieved that feling of peace and contentment on land - anywhere or any time of day.

Love ya,

Sally

I love the night...but land lubber in Colorado that a I am, I'll be at the top of a mtn. and look at the stars blanketing the sky and sit for hours just looking and staring and wondering in disbelief how vast the universe is..and thank god for creating it......

This is the music that Carl Sagan liked for viewing the "Cosmos" (remember that series?)

As he talked about "Star Stuff".

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Astro_Liz
Liz

That is one beautiful piece of prose, you painted such a magnificant picture I could see it in my mind and felt like it was me looking out over the universe. You have a gift.

What a wonderful post.

With Love

Erica

Just in case you need some help anyway, here are some photos I have taken from up there. Never could get any night shots, but these will give you an idea. :)

Every night before I go home from work (1am-ish), I drive out to the shuttle launch pad, go up to the 255 foot level (the top), and spend a couple hours just looking at the endless horizon of stars over the vastness of the gentle ocean.

pad21.jpg

It's pristine uninhabited coastline for 25 miles in either direction, with no man made lights anywhere in sight... you've never seen so many stars.

pad11.jpg

When they reflect off the water on a good calm night, it feels like I am floating around up in space.... No sound, no distractions, nothing but me and the universe.

pad41.jpg

Then you think about how you are standing at the literal spot where man launches from to explore those vast horizons. You look to the moon and realize you can draw a line from its face to yours, for this is where the greatest adventures mankind has ever known began from. To reach out and be able to touch the sky... Its a humbling moment, and I am thankful I get to have it every night. *sniffle*

pad61.jpg

Oh well... tried to help others see through my eyes, but I think my words are better.

<3

~Liz~

Guest Joanna Phipps

Well having my days basakwards to most of you, my fave time is when I get off shift and have some of that girl talk time with the other staff here. Hop into my car (hearing that old song right now) head home kick my shoes off, take off my stockings, lay on my bed an relax. Then I begin to wonder what I am going to do between 9 am and the usual 3 pm when I finally go to sleep; unfortunately its usually house work (pffffffft never ends).

• 9 months later...
Guest terra

Heehee i like this topic!

My favourate times are when i've been out labouring or on the forge in the summer and i'm still roasting and i jump on my motorbike and ride home FAST (and i mean fast! Like 120 - 150 mph) feeling the speed and acceleration with my visor open staring into the wind. Then when i get home go for a cool rinse in the shower and have dinner. Then i can go out on my dirt bike, come back filthy and have a proper shower then r& r in front of the TV.

Riding my bike on a full moon with my trench coat on so it billows out at the back so i feel like a superhero.

Chilling out playing my guitar in the sun having a cold cold pint. Or hitting a quick pub visit just after work.

Walking around in the winter at stupid o clock in the morning when everyone is asleep, its really refreshing and makes you appreciate the world without all the people and noise.

When my masculine and feminine sides stop shouting at each other.

visiting here.

When you turn the pillow over to get the cold side (aaaawwwww yeeeeaaaaah!)

dying my hair mad colours painting my nails and getting tattoos

anytime i'm working with metal. It rocks soooooo much!