• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I was given Cocaine without knowing it.

Guest RainbowGoth98

Guest RainbowGoth98

Someone gave me some tic tacs and supposedly they had Cocaine in them, It only got me high for about 2 hours but I had a horrible headache and I was useless for the rest of the day. I don't really want to feel that way again so I don't know why I'm posting this, I guess I just want to share. I'll just stick to my Vodka...

Drugs of unknown origin and substance are always a crap shoot... particularly given out casually and "impregnated" on candy or other inert ingredients. The issue for me when in my teens was any substance that took me out of feeling like me was a good starting point for the evening. In hind sight, I wan't moving toward something as much as I was moving away from feeling like me. So whether candy coated drugs or vodka, ultimately as long as it took me away from myself I was on board for the ride. Many years later it earned me a seat in a 12 step recovery program where i learned how to change how i felt without using chemicals. "Relief from Self" is often the goal for teens, particularly ones who feel "different" from their peers. Obviously that is an issue for trans teens to be aware of...

Hugs

Michelle

Wow Michelle, well stated. I was on board for all the same reasons. Vodka, gin, moonshine, Orange 99, Wild Turkey 101, Bacardi 151, Everclear and Anhydrous Ethanol my neighbor used to steal from NASA. They were all my best friends. The people offering them were just the carry handle. It the Physician's Desk Reference said, Side Effects: Do not take with alcohol. Ooo! Pop those and kiss the bottle and I was free of me again! The vortex spiral down? I never saw all that coming, when I peered down in the opening of that very first Vodka bottle. Then I was just blind runnin crazy! Wild wasn't wild enough!

May I set my coffee down here? I want to sit beside you in the recovery meeting. Hug and serenity. "Hi, I'm JodyAnn, free at last!!!"

• Forum Moderator

Rainbow, My name is Charlie and i'm another of the folks who got too involved in leaving my mind. Being trans often gives us the ability to hide and lie. That comes in handy when drugs take over and life looses all of its pleasure. I think you might do better to stick with Vodka. That was my drug of choice. I got to a point where they needed to open a new distillery and i was pushing them for another. It just sort of snuck up behind me and then i couldn't escape. Watch out for any of the mind alternatives. Spirit is hopefully found in things spiritual not in the bottled types.

Hugs,

Charlie

• 5 months later...
Guest TracieV3

Someone gave me some tic tacs and supposedly they had Cocaine in them, It only got me high for about 2 hours but I had a horrible headache and I was useless for the rest of the day. I don't really want to feel that way again so I don't know why I'm posting this, I guess I just want to share. I'll just stick to my Vodka...

The good news is that you didn't the full effect of the drug. This is because depending on how a person takes a drug is how much of the drug gets into their bloodstream.

Digesting a drug actually only causes a small portion to be absorbed. This is why serious drug users either snort, inhale, or inject.

The further good news is because of this, it seems only a headache is the worst of the withdraw you will have and you likely don't have to worry about craving it later.

• Forum Moderator

Vodka? At 15? Alcohol is a drug too. A serious one that I have personally seen destroy so many lives. It breaks my heart to think of someone starting to throw away life so young.

Another thing is that once you really start drinking you stop maturing and maturing is what makes life get better as we learn to seek answers and learn to handle our lives and emotions. All that about life getting better some day isn't so if you start drinking heavily now. It will pretty much stay the same as it is now only with a different cast of characters as time goes by.

Wish I had some way to really get through about what can be and what it will be instead if you become an addict-an alcoholic is an addict as much as anyone on cocaine or any other drug. And starting drinking this early makes that very likely. But I suppose I sound like I am just preaching instead of grieving for you and all that you risk. All the pain you will inflict not only on yourself but on those who care for you. I sincerely hope and pray that does not happen but most drinkers think it won't be them till too late. No one ever sets out to become an addict and ruin their life.

My heart goes out to you

Johnny

I'm happy that all of you saw the light before it was too late.

Alcohol and drugs affected some of of family members and relatives.

It's very important to not be afraid of who we are. It takes time to find out

where we fit in but the journey is well worth it.

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Guest Inverse

Doubtful that it was cocaine. Cocaine is currently one of the most expensive drugs to procure in this country, even in small amounts. Nobody gives that kind of thing away for free. Though it could have been any number of stimulants, from meth to adderal, who knows. Sorry to hear about the headache~

Guest MaudeB

Doubtful that it was cocaine. Cocaine is currently one of the most expensive drugs to procure in this country, even in small amounts. Nobody gives that kind of thing away for free. Though it could have been any number of stimulants, from meth to adderal, who knows. Sorry to hear about the headache~

I concur in what you said about not being cocaine. The effects of a line of cocaine can be felt for about 30-40 minutes then the down comes in. I know this for a fact having snorted about a kilometer and a half of the stuff over 6 years... And 40 minutes if it's snorted. Ingested, it was probably Meth... Cocaine ingested won't procure much effects...

Anyway, please stay on a "relatively" straight path... It's normal, I think, at your age to "explore" different ways but do think a bit, just a small bit about the future. Most people experimented and didn't stick on substances. Some do feel the need though to evade from their world as they see it. Read my signature and think about it. The world is what you make of it...

I'm not here to preach but, being there and done that and gotten way too much t-shirts, I can assure you that it's not the best way to abuse substances. Any substances...

I feel, really, for you and would have liked to be there and shake your hand, take a walk and chat with you. Being straight sober for more than 6 years, I can finally deal with myself and who am I.

If you ever need to communicate, I'm there for you.

Godspeed !