• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Question On Corsets

Guest Naomi Stardust

Guest Naomi Loen

can't sleep so I may as well post a question

corsets

opinions?

stories?

I've been loosing weight (until Christmas cookies ruined my diet)

I was thinking when I loose some more

I'd look in to getting a corset

Not sure I'd pass

but I think I'd look good with mt hair longer to hide my shoulders and a little more definition around my midsection

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

*perks* corsets?

Well, it will cinch in your waist. Depending on your bust and hips it could give you a more hourglass figure. How do you plan on wearing it, as shapewear under your clothes or as part of an outfit as outerwear?

Uh.....isn't this the uh welcome thread? (takes a looooong look around in case there really are corsets here) Oh, nevermind, wrong thread... carry on.

<--actually thinks he's hilarious

Guest Kelly Ann

they sorta scare me with all the restrictions and reinforcements and straps all over...I'd be afraid I'd end up like a snake run over by a semi-truck once the laces were all cinched up tight...gasp...until I...can't...gasp...hardly...gasp breathe....aaaaaaan*<**<*<<<POWIE>>>*>**>* blown out from both ends...well it just might solve the mystery if I can procreate like an amoeba...I'll pass for now on this...out of curosity though where would my Kelly belly go? Up, down? I have a bumpersticker that says hit me easy I'm full of gas...I could be held on War Crimes for weapons of mass destruction if it all came out at once...I think I better pass on this garment. Saving the world from myself one small step at a time, Kelly Ann

MY grandma wore a corset and she was born in 1894. my "ma" was born in 1924 and thought corsets were old fashioned and I was born in 1948 and never wore one, Some kinda middle ages torture chamber is what grandma told me and I was her grandson at that time......Mia.

Guest Naomi Loen
*perks* corsets?

Well, it will cinch in your waist. Depending on your bust and hips it could give you a more hourglass figure. How do you plan on wearing it, as shapewear under your clothes or as part of an outfit as outerwear?

I was thinking shapewear under my clothes

Guest CharliTo

my experience for a corset so far is me buying one thinking it's the size that'd fit me, and it didn't and i got sad...

but yeah, i think it can help you cinch your waist, but don't overdo it as it can interfere with your organs...but I am tempted to try it again too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

corsets are difficult.

I like them and I use them. It give me a nice shape but not the perfect female shape. The problem is that the volume of the body is constant. So if you press it at one place, on an other place it pop out. For me it look like that, thet the cheast goes bigger and it is already to big without corset.

If you want to use one please do not by the cheapest corset you find. Go to a special corset shop. The problem is, the male body can not fit into a female corset wothout getting problems. You need a male corset. But this are not that style you want because this male corset do not make a femle shape. So you need a lot of test to find a female corset that fit to you. For this you need help from an experienced person. It is normal that men go to corset shops to by a corset. Also it is normal for that people to work with TG people.

Do not start to lace it to tied from the beginning. You body and the corset need time to fit together. If you want to modify your shape without getting breathless every time you wear it, it is better to wear it more often without lacing it strong. Some people wear the corset 24/7. If you want to do it like that, it can be unhealthy. So do not do it to fast and allways remove it if you get pain. To fell good and not compressed in a corset, it must fit perfect and that normally mean custom made corsets and that mean >200-300 USD. But the feeling is great and you want never live without it. ;-)

Greetings

Nelly

Guest Kelly Ann

good points Nelly...quality is always a factor. Fitting would seem to be important too...had one once and it was just awful, for me :blush: I could barely breathe. But then I walk around barefoot in the winter too. Country Girl Kelly Ann

Guest Elizabeth K

Corsets?

I did that for a while - because I was overweight and never had a waist. It works - but it cramps your body - especially your internal organs.

Shapewear is better - especially the hosiery type - without the leggings part. It also lets you not use a gaff. But it is a time consumming to dress - undress- use the bathroom - dress again. And sometimes it moves around, bunching in a 'roll-down' at the waist.

There is also the slimmer belt that people use to simulate exercising results. That works and seems to be easier to set up.

In any case - transitioning has made all that need go away - whew... I never want to see another one ever...

Hi,

I think you can only wear a corset if you really like it. For me it is a must have. Not only to shape the body to get female also real women look great in a corset. If you do not like them you are not able to wear them all the time. Maby some kind of fetish.

Greetings

Nelly

Guest RainBird

I'm definately planning to buy a quality corset custom made when I can affort it, it is expensive but is soo worth the extra bucks, It will have to fit perfectly to your body shape and size to effectively train your waist (feminize).

You have to do it properly or else it can cause health issues.

The other point about a proper fitting quality corset is it will help support your back and your posture. :)

Please try to avoid the tempation of buying those mass production el cheapos! ;)

xo

Hi RainBird,

a corset in north australia sounds like a big challange cause of the temperature. I sweet a lot under the corset in normal european temperatures. So what ar you planing to prevent problems? I know that they had summer corsets in the past.

Greetings

Nelly

Guest RainBird

Hey Nelly!

I'll still do it.. rain, hail or shine.. I want my currrrves!! :)

I've lived in the tropics my whole life, I'm actually quite used to heat and humidity.. I do not sweat really badly like the tourists do ;)

Besides, I have a nice cool air-con in my car and in my house anyway hehe :D

xo

Guest Meredith

I've looked into corsets in the past and did own one for a short time. It was too small in the end, I could put it on but it was a pain. Make sure if you end up buying one off the rack that you keep the tags, and recipt. If all possible try it on at the store, get help if you need to.

Guest Little Sara
they sorta scare me with all the restrictions and reinforcements and straps all over...

That's actually a part I like about it. I like bondage though.

Better buy it custom-made if its for tight-lacing, otherwise you're throwing money away for nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Better buy it custom-made if its for tight-lacing, otherwise you're throwing money away for nothing.

Sara's right on this one.

This week I went shopping and remembered that the store I was in sold corsets. Cheaper ones that are elastic, with boning, and have a million bra-style hooks in front.

I grabbed two sizes and headed to the dressing room.

First I tried on the one, according to the size label, that was just about my size, just a bit smaller. NOT impressed at all. I had also brought in the next size smaller yet. Again, I was not impressed. The elastic was way too weak and it just didn't seem to do anything.

If I get one, it will have to be a tight-lacing one that has no elastic.

Ashlee

• 1 month later...
Guest van-na

A corset is truly a wonderful addition to a ladies wardrobe. If you don't have one you need to buy and try one. They can help you loose weight, and make your waist smaller. Just putting one on makes your breasts appear bigger and your hips more rounder. Many corsets are designed to be worn under your clothing they are made of thin material, that can be hidden easily, and then there are leather corsets that are made to be worn on top and shown. Leather can be cinched very tight to where it will not give an inch, and will not break. It is true that a custom made corset is best , but they can be quite expensive. I have bought several off of E bay from a seller called Alter ego and they make quality leather corsets in all sizes of 2 " increments for around $90, and for a bit more will also make custom corsets. It is best to start off with what they call a training corset, it is the pullover your head type; get one that is about 4" smaller than your waist.

There are several lacing options. Putting a back lacing corset on all by your self can be a bit of work. I hook the laces over each side of a door knob and lean back as I work the slack out of the cords, and this works pretty good for me.

Wearing a corset does restrict your movement and your breathing a bit, but you get use to it after a while. Just be careful as wearing one too tight and for too long can be harmful to your internal organs.

The rewards of wearing a corset are great. A girl needs to use every advantage possible to look and feel her best, and a corset will give you the edge if you let it.

I hope this all helps.

with love from, vanna

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Victoriaf

Hi

Here is one thing to remimber with corsets. It is always best if you can afford it to have one made for you and not buy one off the self. It is always going to fit, look and fel better then one you get ready made. I have several and after the first one i got all the other custom made and let me tell you the difference was amazying in how they made me look and how comfortable they were. Good luck

Victoria

Guest SaraNetherlands

Corsets. They come in any size and variety, ranging from happy flowers and bright colours to fully leather including all the straps, bolts and buttons to look like a piece of wardrobe belonging in the rocky horror show. ;)

For me leather and corsets can boost me right into subspace.. err, happiness. Or if the mood is right, boost my confidence with the increase of shape and femininity. It makes this 'switch' happy either way. Corsets in general I find beautiful, but I have a real thing for the whole leather and lace look. Some hate it's restriction and some just love it. When getting a corset, pay attention to if it is one you can put on yourself or not.

It must be because of our name, so do I. :lol:

Guest Nelly

Hello SaraNetherlands,

luke as you be, in Netherlands you have two great corset makers. One for the "normal" person who only love to wear corset and the second one for "strange" person who like it weird with a lot of leather or other unbelivable materials. I think both have a good price for what you get.

Greetings

Nelly