• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What book are you currently reading?

Guest Claire-G

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyndee

• Charlize

• Carolyn Marie

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's great Sally. I will watch for it.

I just finished A Shot in the Bark, one of the dog park mysteries. (hey they are fun and sometimes I need fun).

Just started one of the Bones books "Devil Bones". I am trying to get through her whole series.

Mia

• Forum Moderator

If editing a novel counts as reading a book, the one that I am 'reading' now is tentatively titled "Never Stop Dreaming" and while originally written 14 years ago (I guess that makes it a period piece as I am not planning on updating it - only polishing it) it does not contain anything at all about trans issues - I was still in total denial.

I am not sure what name will be used as the author because it was written from the perspective of the male lead, any suggestions?

Sorry for the shameless plug but when I found this one and the half written one from the same period I had to read them and you know what - I liked them!

Watch for Never Stop Dreaming to hit Amazon sometime next month and if it sells I will work harder to get the next one finished.

Love ya,

Sally

Sally, did you ever get your book published on amazon

Mike,

My first book - the poetry one is available on Amazon but if you would like an autographed copy, send me PM and we can exchange information- no additional charge fro the priceless (or is that worthless) inscription.

Love ya,

Sally

• 3 weeks later...

After my previous Post I finished "Conundrum".

I'm currently reading "My Husband Betty" by Helen Boyd.

Almost finished that one too. Winter is good for reading.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

I started reading "How Green Was My Valley," after having seen the movie recently. Pretty good so far.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Valerie

Last week I finished books 1 thru 5 of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin.

Then I read Janet Mock's book Redefining Realness. I can really appreciate her book and the struggles that she went through. As I have been here in Hawaii since 1992 while I was still in the Navy. I started my transition here in Hawaii in 2010 and have heard about some of her story while I was in transition.

I also just finished Kristen Beck's book Warrior Princess. This is another book that I could relate to. Having spent 20 years in the Navy onboard Submarines and having worked with the SEAL community while on those Submarines.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished off "Stone Butch Blues" in 3 days.

Just could not put in down.

Impossible to read and to keep a dry eye at the same time. :blush:

Next up should be "Butch is a Noun".

I think this will be my last reading for a while. I can always hope.<giggle>

I think I've done a lot of reading this winter. :dunno:

Joann

• Admin

"Cosmos" by Carl Sagan. Can't wait to find out how it ends (fire or ice? :huh: ).

Carolyn Marie

Guest Kendra K

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Between him, Christopher Hitchens, and the videos on YouTube by The Atheist Experience, they've pretty much converted (de-converted?) me.

The "highlights" of Dawkins and Hitchens on YouTube are very funny.

• 2 weeks later...

"Persistence: All Ways Butch and Femme" was a bit of a let down after "Stone Butch Blues".

None the less it was an interesting read.

On to "Butch is a noun" by S. Bear Bergman.

Joann

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Don't judge...

I'm currently reading "50 Shades Darker".

I bought "50 Shades of Gray" a few months ago, just to see what all the fuss was about and I ended up reading it in a weekend, so I decided to buy the 2nd book in the series and see how the story continues. Also...I'm not a reader. The last time I cracked open a book was in college...

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

^^^ So, what do you think of them, Lizzie?

I have mixed feelings. The steamy scenes were lovely but just as things were heating up, they'd stop and do something else. Lame! lol

I really fell for the love story and I actually cried at the end because I completely understood where Ana was coming from. Because I had thrown myself into the book over a weekend and the story was so intense and emotional...I actually had to take a week or two off from reading before I could start the second book. I had to recover!

The second book has been interesting so far. I'm not reading it as intensely as the first one, just little bits here and there when I feel like reading. I'm looking forward to the movie, to see what they do with it. Also so I can be a snob and say "the book was so much better!" :P

I am working on "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" five book trilligy at the moment.

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

Guest Kendra K

I am working on "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" five book trilligy at the moment.

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

I LOVE the first book! One of my favorites. The second I wasn't a fan of. Do they get better?

Guest Jocelyn

I came out to my neighbor last week and the next day she dropped off the book "She's not there" A life in two genders.

I just started reading it so far I love it.

Jocelyn