• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Started Using

Guest Angelgrlsue

Guest Angelgrlsue

I have started using narcotics in the last couple of weeks to ease the emotional pain and depression I'm going through. I do not want to become addicted to this stuff. I'm currently looking for a gender therapist with no luck. I've used Laura's therapist list and have contacted one therapist, waiting for a call back.

Guest Kelly Ann

Do not stop/think...call a local help line, call your favorite radio station or 911 if you are 'there'. Get a call back from the therapist or keep looking (that's ALWAYS a good course), get creative in a positive way...don't know where in SoCal, I was in L.A. and it's been a looong time, there's places to go/stay sane there :rolleyes: that're cool...even now I'd wager. Just stay safe and know that people really care for you Suzi, no matter where you MIGHT be at the moment...Kelly Ann

Wait! Wait! Wait! Do not use narcotics."YOU DON"T WANT TO BE ADDICTED!!! . Go back, you don't want to be a dead MTF, that would not make you very feminine, but you would be irretrievably DEAD DEAD DEAD> Once DEAD you can't transition , you decompose...... Listen to Kelly Ann and ME!!!! Call for help NOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dial the help line or 911 that' 911 NOW NOW NOW...........................Mia.

Guest April63

I agree with the above. Drugs, while they temporarily change the way you view life, have no long term positive effect and are only destructive. Please stop using them. You will be able to find a good therapist. Call for help if you can't do this alone. People are willing to help you.

April

Dear Suzie,

Do you see how many people really care about you?

Listen to them, stop! Right now, not tommorow, not in the next five minutes - now!

April told you that they only offer a temporary relief - but she didn't mention that not only do you have all of the same problems that you did before, but now the even more dangerous one of drug useage!

Don't think that you can do them a little and then just stop and everything will be fine - the morgues are full of people who thought that!

Please get help immediately!

There may be a wait for a gender therapist, but help for drug abusers is available 24/7 without a wait!

Please take care of yourself, you need to stay with us, you can't transition after you are gone!

We do love you, sweetheart, please stay away from drugs and stay with us,

Sally

Guest Angelgrlsue

Thank you girls for your concern. I just called the therapist and we talked a little bit about what is going on. I have my first appointment next Tuesday. Have a friend that I am going to see over the weekend that will help me stay away from the drugs. Have not taken anything since last night.

Susan

Guest Donna Jean
Thank you girls for your concern. I just called the therapist and we talked a little bit about what is going on. I have my first appointment next Tuesday. Have a friend that I am going to see over the weekend that will help me stay away from the drugs. Have not taken anything since last night.

Susan

Oh, Susie!!! My heart has been in my throat since you posted...OMG I am SO glad that you got this help, honey!!

Thank God for friends and therapists!

Let us know...we really DO care......

Love

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

Susie

You may outlive us - but us here at Laura's - we gonna hav'a HEART ATTACK :o

So STOP THAT right now! I MEAN IT. :blink:

Besides, the therapist will have to work with your transgender conflicts AND drug addiction? You ain't never going anywhere with THAT. Therapy will cost you a million dollars and take two hundred years!

So when super depressed - sign on to Chat here at Laura's - find someone and say you are depressed. It's a cheap and absolutely guaranteeeeeeed way to bring yourself up again. I do all the time.

Good luck with your session - keep us posted - talk to your friend

AND LISTEN to all us ole biddies here - remember our tickers aren't what they used to be :P

Sitting here and as I was purusing the posts, I saw that you dear Susie had posted once again.Oh Hallelujah I am so glad they you are back here and alive instead of messing around with all that crap. You stay healthy and clean and keep posting us dusty old fuss budgets. Look us in the eye Susie Q and be clean. We love you,,,,,,, Mia.

Guest Angelgrlsue

Thank you girls for the support, I do appreciate it and have not taken anything for over a week. Unfortunatlely I did not go to my therapist appointment. I will call to reschedule though.

Hugs,

Suzie

Good news on the one hand, and really the more important issue, bad news on the other, but it can be rescheduled.

Stay clean and we can help you work your way to the appointment.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Kelly Ann

Thanks Suzie...because you know when you hurt you...it hurts us all too. You are on your way young lady to a place in the sun and believe me...fun. I remember what it was like...well sorta...to be young and have fun. We used to play spin the war club...then if they were nice they'd ask...one lump or two...darn Neandrathals...But hey getting to be an old poot isn't all that bad either<looking around>I STILL manage to be a handful...hee hee hee...I just stay away from caves now and dark places. Big hug for you gal, Kelly Ann

Guest CharliTo

I already know someone who just started too........and please, from me too...please get help for your drug addiction...even making it to the therapist appointment. MAKE sure you reschedule it.

I don't think I can stand losing more people from drugs...so please, get better. I dunno what else to say... I guess this is one of those time to put all your will into stopping and such. When it's over, you'll come out a very strong person.

*hug*

...best of luck girl.

Guest AniStacy
Post 1: I have started using narcotics in the last couple of weeks to ease the emotional pain and depression I'm going through. I do not want to become addicted to this stuff. I'm currently looking for a gender therapist with no luck. I've used Laura's therapist list and have contacted one therapist, waiting for a call back.

Post 2: Thank you girls for your concern. I just called the therapist and we talked a little bit about what is going on. I have my first appointment next Tuesday. Have a friend that I am going to see over the weekend that will help me stay away from the drugs. Have not taken anything since last night.

Susan

Post 3: Thank you girls for the support, I do appreciate it and have not taken anything for over a week. Unfortunatlely I did not go to my therapist appointment. I will call to reschedule though.

Hugs,

Suzie

Well first off ROCK ON! You spotted a problem and raced straight for help. :)

In Post 1 you say you're trying to supress the emotional pain with drugs. It is one of the worst solutions in actual fact! Imagine running your laptop on full power when its not plugged in. It will function fantasically for a short time but soon the battery will fail and crash!. Nacotics have chemicals that make your body get pumped in the same way, however; the moment the body runs out of rescources... CRASH! Unlike a laptop , your body won't recharge in 30 minutes. Infact it may never recharge again unless you take the drugs. THIS IS THE TRAP once the body becomes physically addicted. Tonnes of damage is done.

AVOID THE TRAP!!

I'm not trying to scare you though :D that's just the pattern.

Your other two posts are great! Stay far away from them love, Life is a party if you let it be B)

*stay strong*

<3 Stacey

• 1 month later...
Guest Alyssa Leigh

I have also started using pot to help deal with the problems i am having. Trying to find a reasonable therapist, trying to get my life on track with trying to get my career built for when i move to portland. The therapist that i had called in Buffalo NY wants 150 per session which i feel is outragous so it looks like i will have to wait until i move. The pot is only changing the way i feel for the short time the high lasts then all i am left with is square one again.

I have also started using pot to help deal with the problems i am having. Trying to find a reasonable therapist, trying to get my life on track with trying to get my career built for when i move to portland. The therapist that i had called in Buffalo NY wants 150 per session which i feel is outragous so it looks like i will have to wait until i move. The pot is only changing the way i feel for the short time the high lasts then all i am left with is square one again.

Not wishing to appear like an overly intelligent Donkey, but are you getting your pot for free?

If not, since the effects are so temporary as you have said, wouldn't it be more productive to put your 'drug money' away and save up for therapy?

Sounding a lot like a mother,

Sally

Guest Alyssa Leigh

Not wishing to appear like an overly intelligent Donkey, but are you getting your pot for free?

If not, since the effects are so temporary as you have said, wouldn't it be more productive to put your 'drug money' away and save up for therapy?

Sounding a lot like a mother,

Sally

No i usually get an 1/8 but this past week i got a full ounce for 280, It would be more productive to save for therapy but i cant seem to find a good therapist in Buffalo NY.