• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Starting a photo log of my transition.

Guest Sarah Faith

Guest Sarah Faith

Yo, yo, yo... That dude is slipping away before your very eyes! Just keep clicking! Jody

Thanks Jody. :D

I know a month isn't much time to let the hormones do their thing, but it's still nice to see some physical progress already. :) I promise you I won't be giving up any time soon!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carolyn Marie

• Kyla666

• JenniferB

• Charlize

Guest Kylie2112

Alright Kylie, challenge accepted! :D lol

All I was trying to say was that you look nothing like you did before transition! :D How it's not valid since it's not you ;)

Guest Sarah Faith

All I was trying to say was that you look nothing like you did before transition! :D How it's not valid since it's not you ;)

OH! Duh... lol! I'm going through a bit of a airhead phase I guess! Thanks for that though! :D Oh well! It did make me consider that it's not very helpful for a photo timeline with out something a little more recent to compare it too and gave me an excuse to figure out how to make a timeline type photo.

Guest Kylie2112

OH! Duh... lol! I'm going through a bit of a airhead phase I guess! Thanks for that though! :D Oh well! It did make me consider that it's not very helpful for a photo timeline with out something a little more recent to compare it too and gave me an excuse to figure out how to make a timeline type photo.

I have "blonde" moments, too :) ...and my hair is merely highlighted...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sarah Faith

Okay, so I totally wasn't going to post another one so soon after the last one.. but family made me take a picture since I just had my second laser appointment. To my surprise it's actually the first picture of my self that I actually kinda like. So much so that I considered using it as my forum avatar.. But then I'd have to crop my face out of it since I can't not represent my team, and I think that would defeat the purpose though it would be somewhat amusing! LOL!

Sarah 2nd laser

Guest Sarah Faith

Nice pic Sarah your avatar looks very similar to you

Angel :)

Thanks Angel. :)

Hmm I actually hadn't noticed that before! It wasn't intentional but that's kinda cool!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sarah Faith

Well, I have been on HRT now for 2 full months, so I went ahead and updated my before/after picture and added this months picture.. The new picture compared to the other 2 really shocked me, for only 2 months on HRT I never would have expected to see this much progress.

Anyways here is my updated timeline.

UpdatedTimelineSmall

Guest Sarah Faith

Thanks BrenGirl, I still have a long ways to go though I think. Need to keep up with my weight loss and everything else.

what magic pills you taking???? I want my money back on mine =/

Well, no magic pills, I've just been keeping up with my exercise every day, and for the most part sticking to my 1400 calorie diet (counting the 800 calories lost from working out). I haven't really changed what I eat or anything beyond that besides moisturizing my skin at least once a day lol.

I think losing weight on HRT is helping the whole fat redistribution thing along. :)

I can't see a male in the third picture at all. You have a feminine facial structure. I also like the hair style. You look good in brown.

Jenny

• Admin

I agree with Jennifer - you do have a very feminine facial structure, and you already look very pretty. With time, you're going to really look amazing. I would love to have your hair, too, but I don't think you'll give it up, sadly. ;)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Sarah Faith

Aw Thanks Jennifer! Carolyn! :) That does mean a great deal to me!

I really don't do much with my hair beyond maintaining a off center part, always washing it with cool water (if I can help it), and using a leave in conditioner and brushing it of course.. Otherwise my hair just kind of does it's own thing. I don't curl or straighten it lol. I Haven't really settled on what products I like the most yet, I keep trying new things.

I am actually really interested to see how I'll look this time next year when I hopefully will have lost the 30-40 pounds I have left to reach my ideal weight.

Guest Gypsyfeenix

Oog..if you can share some weight loss tips, I would be forever in your debt. I HAVE to shed some weight. I feel yucky and gross and terrible.

help a sista out!

:)

Guest Sarah Faith

Oog..if you can share some weight loss tips, I would be forever in your debt. I HAVE to shed some weight. I feel yucky and gross and terrible.

help a sista out!

:)

Well I don't drink my calories, so really its either water or diet soda, once in a rare rare while I'll get a cocktail but that's when Im on vacation. That was the biggest lifestyle change that helped me lose weight. Beyond that really the only thing I do is count calories, I eat about 2200 calories a day and burn about 800 or so with my work out. So basically I shoot for 1400 calories total per day. Something that I've found that makes it easier to eat smaller meals but eat more of them so if I need a snack I usually have the calories for it. I don't meet my caloric goals every single day but I don't let it get me down and just get back on it the next day.

Annnd that's pretty much it! :)

Guest Gypsyfeenix

Sounds almost too easy <.< >.>...lol

I would love to graze all day. Work doesn't allow us to eat at our desks (not even a coffee cup is allowed, but we do it anyway :P)

We are supposed to get lunch, but it never happens, so I end up eating once a day 99% of the time. Shi is always trying to get me to eat stuff - our mantra is, "eat something, You have to eat" with my response of (in a panicky voice) " I DON'T HAVE TIME!"

I like the calorie counting thing, but I honestly don't even know where to begin to do it.

Guest Robin Winter

We need to calculate the calories in all our favorite foods, cook smaller portions, and most importantly, we need to stop buying pop. The trouble is, we're too lazy to work it all out lol

Guest Sarah Faith

Sounds almost too easy <.< >.>...lol

I would love to graze all day. Work doesn't allow us to eat at our desks (not even a coffee cup is allowed, but we do it anyway :P)

We are supposed to get lunch, but it never happens, so I end up eating once a day 99% of the time. Shi is always trying to get me to eat stuff - our mantra is, "eat something, You have to eat" with my response of (in a panicky voice) " I DON'T HAVE TIME!"

I like the calorie counting thing, but I honestly don't even know where to begin to do it.

I know, that's how I felt when I started too, seemed too easy to be true! But it does work, and surprisingly well.

When I first started I mainly ate at Subway, or other places that had their nutritional info up. I'd just plan my meal before I'd go. For cooking depends on what your using really and yeah determining the caloric content for some recipes is pretty tough!

It's all the Pepsi :P

That was one of the biggest things for me, when I switched from normal soda to diet and tried to get more active a lot of the early weight just flew off. :) I love Soda but I mean 140 calories per can? I'd rather have a diet soda and get some chips or something! lol

I miss Mountain Dew, and sadly Diet Mountain Dew tastes pretty terrible.

Guest Kylie2112

I gave up soda when I started HRT (I was pushing 240 lbs). Just giving up soda and going from Cheetos to fat-free pudding cups (320 vs. 60 calories...) on my break at work, and just being smarter with smaller meals (I can have one French bread pizza at lunch! [-410 calories]), I'm down to 190 (and puts my BMI as eligible for SRS!). I'm trying to get to 170 (I think that's realistic), and I might be able to do it without actually trying :D

Yeah...the only exercise I tend to get is walking at work (always take stairs, and I usually walk 1-2 miles a day around the shop and to the materials test lab on the other side of the base) and playing drums on Rock Band :) The only thing is that it doesn't look like I've lost 50 lbs...