• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Laser and Electrolysis in Tampa Bay, FL

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I was given a list of places and people who do laser hair removal and electrolysis in the Tampa Bay, FL area by my therapist.

I found out, through personal experience, that my previous laser tech Karen Marlise in Seminole FL, is going through some personal issues and has temporarily closed her business to deal with those issues first, and then re-open her business once everything has settled down.

My therapist gave me a list of 6 other places in the Tampa Bay area, primarily Pinellas County who do laser and electrolysis. She asked me if I wanted someone who was close, or did I want the best. Apparently for where I live, the best isn't the closest but hey, what can you do. When I said I wanted the best, she circled two names of ladies who operate from the same facility in Tarpon Springs.

I can provide more info through PM to anyone who is interested or would like a few other options in the St. Pete/Clearwater area who aren't so far up in the north part of the county. These, if I understand correctly, are TG friendly. Some even do genital electrolysis, but not all of them on the list I have. Oh I also have one name in Tampa as well.

I am sorry about the problems that your first lady is having but glad that you have found suitable replacements and I suppose that driving is not a real problem for you.

Just remember that you are in a car not a train without tracks like you usually drive.

Love ya,

Sally

PS: When are you going to be around the New Orleans area again - I would love to see you again - its been over 2 years!

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Well tomorrow is my appointment up in Tarpon Springs. We'll see how it goes. I think I should have asked about price before hand but we'll see how it goes and if there's any TG discount.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

So, about that appointment....

I arrived for my appointment up in Tarpon Springs, which was only about an hour drive in traffic from where I live. (yikes). I met with the lady who would be doing my electrolysis, Linda, and she had me fill out some basic patient information and had a look at my face. She determined it would be better cost wise if I paid per area instead of per hour. Okay. Then she got to work. Her technique was very different from Karen, who I was going to previously. She did the same needle thing but I didn't have to hold this metal thingy. Still felt the same and in two hours she did almost all of my face that needed clearing.

Now here's the interesting part. Instead of zapping the hair and then tweezing it out, she would zap the hair and then move on to the next hair. Zap and move. Zap and move. She did this for most of my time there. Then when she was all done, she waxed my face. This pulled out all the hairs she did get, and all the hairs she didn't get. I'm not exactly sure what she was able to zap and what got pulled out from the wax. Waxing..in some areas..hurt. It felt like duct tape being ripped off my already sensitive skin. Some areas went better than others. Some did not feel very pleasant at all.

And that's not the weirdest part of it. Now she tells me she does this to all her clients. She waxed the front part of the inside of my nose. She put hot wax just inside each nostril, waited for it to cool down some and then ripped some of my nose hairs out. I have no hairs just inside my nose! Do you know how weird that feels? On the other hand, that means no long, stray nose hairs hanging down that I'm unaware of, so that is a plus. It didn't hurt as bad as some of the face waxing did. She also cleaned up my brows and told me, from here on out, no more tweezing! Shave, yes, that's fine, but no more tweezing!

After she finished waxing my face she put some baby powder on my face and now my face is really smooth and soft and currently hair-free until some start growing back. How much, well, I will have to wait and see. 2 hours and 150 clams later, I walked out of there a little red and a lot less fuzzy. We stopped at the only Skyline Chili in the county for some Cincinnati chili on our way home. I foresee this becoming a ritual now....

So that's my fun Tarpon Springs electrolysis adventure! Oh, fun fact she forgot to tell me, she only accepts payment in cash or check, no credit cards. Considering how many ATMs I passed on the way up here, that would have been handy to know ahead of time. Granted I should have also asked how much she charges but her fees were comparable to what I was already paying for electrolysis and I'm enjoying the results right now. :)

Oh, what she was working with was 2.5 days of growth. She told me next time to let it go one extra day so 3-3.5 days of growth instead. 2 days were already killing me and I felt like the only way I could pass after the 2nd day was with a paper bag over my head, lol...

HI Lizzie,

That idea of waxing afterwards sounds really good. I wonder why other electrologists don't use it. It always seemed that they spent more time tweezing than zapping, so that should increase her efficiency dramatically.

I've had two electrologists, one whose machine didn't require a grounding "metal thingy", and the other whose machine had one. The second one, with the ground, was much more gentle than the other. But, I'm not sure if the difference was with the machine or the person using it.

I don't know what to say about letting it grow. Most of us older folks have very light-colored beard and therefore a few days doesn't show. I'm guessing that you're not so lucky? Anyway, it will get better all the time.

Happy zapping - hopefully done quickly!

Love, Megan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 150 Guests (See full list)

• Mirrabooka
    • April Marie
    • Adrianna Danielle