• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hair Thinning/loss

Guest CellaBoo09

Guest CellaBoo09

So one of the things that is probably my number one worry right now is my hair. Being Mexxican it is the norm in our culture that most of the younger girls have that ling black thick hair, most mexicans or Hispanics have thick hair anyway. Although my hair is thick and is continiung to grow at a very fast rate probably about 1/2 inch to a Inch a month, the top of my head is thin. The back of my nd the sides are so full but the top is thin and the are where my hair parts is horrible, I have a horrible part. I'm guessing this is early male baldness because i get it from my moms side of the family & my grandpa. So here is my question, since I am so young, 17, If i starts hormones will it stop my hair from thinning and loosing my top hair? Or should I save up for a expensive wig now.

As of now though my hair has a very full look, actually to full for me lol because it gets on my nerves but the top is deffinatly thing. Whenever you move my hair around, because i were a head band to keep it all back, so when you pull some of my hair foward like my bang, u can see my scalp from where im pulling it from.

Guest Elizabeth K

I am on HRT

The short answer is yes - hormones stop and usually reverse male pattern baldness.

Your physician can tell you in detail.

Elizabeth

I am on HRT

The short answer is yes - hormones stop and usually reverse male pattern baldness.

Your physician can tell you in detail.

Elizabeth

Yeeaahhhh!!!!!!

Love ya,

Sally

I had a friend in his 20's and he was suffering from male pattern baldness. Went to the Dr. and the Dr. injected his scalp with estrogen and the MPB stopped. At least that is what he told me.. As Kurt Vonnegut said So it Goes.........................

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KristieTS
I had a friend in his 20's and he was suffering from male pattern baldness. Went to the Dr. and the Dr. injected his scalp with estrogen and the MPB stopped. At least that is what he told me.. As Kurt Vonnegut said So it Goes.........................

That sounds very fishy. Why would you inject estrogen in the scalp? You may as well inject it in the butt, since that is where most people get injected. Hair loss through MPB is a result of T being converted to DHT, yes? If so, it does not sound possible that moving the estrogen 'closer' to the hair would make any difference. Sorry, I don't buy it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Chrissie

I don't know if you knew this but... Patrick Stewart (Star Trek the Next Generation, and Xmen movies) was bald by the time he was 18 :o:o:o I know he's not a Latina but he was considered one of the Sexiest men alive for a few years even though he was bald... I wish I could expound a few examples of Sexy bald women but I can't ... only Sexy Bald men. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Like Sean Connery (007 and many movies since)

Wonders why there hasn't been any Sexy Bald Women in popular culture?

Guest Nelly

Hi,

if I see bald girls in real life, they allways look sexy for me. but that is my opinion.

The injection getting into the butt will also help to lose butt hairs (I hope) :rolleyes:

I thinkg if the hormons should work that a T blocker would be the solution and not more feminin hormons. There are also women outside with to much T and they also have thin hairs.

But this is the thinking of an none proffesional. So go to the doctor and ask.

Greetings

Nelly

Guest Selkia
^_^..Well just to let you know your not alone..I am 17 also and I have thining also my hair line is receding o__O; making my Forehead look even bigger..I'm Not sure if it is just me but I have been using just normal vitamin cream(has a bunch of different vitamins in it so i'm not 100% sure which one does it) on the thining spots of course it doesn't make your hair grow back after it's gone but it helps the hair thats there stay and grow stronger..I guess cause my hair does look better since I tried, Hope this helps :)
Guest Irielle

There was a singer a few years ago but I can't remember her name. She was bald and sexy. I think she was on Saturday Night Live one time and tore up a photograph of the pope? She might have been Irish.

• 4 months later...
There was a singer a few years ago but I can't remember her name. She was bald and sexy. I think she was on Saturday Night Live one time and tore up a photograph of the pope? She might have been Irish.

Sinead O'Conner - it sort of ended her career.

Too bad, she had a great voice.

Love ya,

Sally

In the original Star Trek movie actress Persis Khambatta was bald and in the traditional tight white body fitting clothing she was considered to be very sexy.

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin
In the original Star Trek movie actress Persis Khambatta was bald and in the traditional tight white body fitting clothing she was considered to be very sexy.

Love ya,

Sally

Sally, you are the queen of sci fi factoids.

Remember the character, sure. Remembering the name of the actress who played her?

Amazing!

Carolyn Marie

Guest ~Brenda~
Sally, you are the queen of sci fi factoids.

Remember the character, sure. Remembering the name of the actress who played her?

Amazing!

Carolyn Marie

Remembering the show... $200.00, Remembering the character.... $100.00, Remembering the actress... Priceless!!! :D

Brenda

Guest StrandedOutThere
Sinead O'Conner - it sort of ended her career.

Too bad, she had a great voice.

Love ya,

Sally

Sinead O'Connor should've did more singing and less talking...and less picture of the pope ripping. Her first album was great. I haven't listened to many of her others.

Natalie Portman was hot when she had her head shaved. Demi Moore rocked a buzz cut for G.I. Jane. Sigourney Weaver in Alien 3 did bald women proud.

Persis Khambatta... Yup. Very, very sexy.

Guest StrandedOutThere
Remembering the show... $200.00, Remembering the character.... $100.00, Remembering the actress... Priceless!!! :D

Brenda

Remembering that particularly name that I never heard again after Star Trek: The Motion Picture is pretty impressive. I was so lazy that I had to cut and paste the name out of Sally's post rather than type it.

Guest rachael1

Love ya,

Sally

Wasn't 7 of 9 (borg) originally bald in the "next generation" series?

Rachael

• Admin
Wasn't 7 of 9 (borg) originally bald in the "next generation" series?

Rachael

I can't recall. I hate to admit it, but I usually wasn't paying attention to that part of her

anatomy. :blush:

Carolyn

Guest StrandedOutThere

When they show Seven of Nine as a drone she's bald. There's like...Borg implants covering it all up. I guess that's still technically bald. Seven of Nine would probably look good even if she had mange.

• 4 months later...
Guest Charlene_Leona

Yea friday night when I got out of the shower I ended up losing allot of hair into the sink. It's got me worried because it's been coming out slowly over the last few months. This was the largest loss ever. I didn't have a problem with balding either and at 44 you would of thought that would of happened by now. It looked like I had cut my hair friday night and I actually saved the hair so I could take it to my doctor today to show him how much came out after one shower!!! It's either a chemical imbalance or dietary I hope, I don't want it to be something worse right now.

Love

Charlene Leona

• 4 months later...
I don't know if you knew this but... Patrick Stewart (Star Trek the Next Generation, and Xmen movies) was bald by the time he was 18 :o:o:o I know he's not a Latina but he was considered one of the Sexiest men alive for a few years even though he was bald... I wish I could expound a few examples of Sexy bald women but I can't ... only Sexy Bald men. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Like Sean Connery (007 and many movies since)

Natalie Portman shaved her head for a movie once. I thought she was pretty. There's also a girl i go to school with who cut her hair down very short and is still beautiful. Recently i shaved my head to be more passable as my hairline is very male. I think i was close starting to show signs of Male pattern baldness. I don't have a wig anymore, but when i'm all made/dressed up, i look like a bald woman. I guess it'll work for now until i get a new wig.

I was wondering if anyone knew how drasticly HRT will stop/reverse thinning hair. The reason being that i'm still not sure about HRT (but i've got an appointment with a therapist wednesday, and i was going to talk to her about my gender identity issues. This will be the first time i've told anyone face to face so wish me luck) If i do decide to transition full time and use hormones, i don't want to start too late where i'll never have my own hair.