• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What is your favourite game ?

Guest Christina xxx

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mara13

• Ellora

• Blair

• Beeks

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite game is probably Civilization III. I love the series, but IV lost some stuff, and then V and VI were considerable let downs personally.

I only generally play 4X and Grand Strategy games. Stellaris is great, and I enjoy many of the Total War series.

I did rack up a fair amount of game time on Oblivion a few years back, but then Skyrim came along, and again like the successors of the Civilization series was a let down.

I also enjoy Space Empires 5. I quite like games that are fairly easy to mod, as I often like to make a game my own (as I have done extensively with Civ III over the years).

Hi all,

Civ 5 definitely. I try to actually play this morning and it keeping . I uninstall, and will try to re-install. Don't really have too much confidence that it will.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks, Stephie

Of the Civ series, I'm a fan of Civ IV, Beyond the Sword, even though it lost my favorite wonder (Leonardo's Workshop). And, I will show my age here. I also love the old Avalon Hill games Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and Squad Leader.

@Marcie Jensen I do like Civ IV: Beyond the Sword. I own every Civ game from II to VI, as well as several of the offshoots. I also have most of the expansions and DLC's except for V's.

I have been playing a little bit of Beyond the Sword recently, but I prefer III due to it's much easier modding capabilities. I liked some of the stuff IV added, but it also lost some of the stuff I enjoyed about III.

In honor of the announcement of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom I am here to formally announce my favorite game is Zelda: Breath of the Wild. And I wasn't even a fan of Zelda before I played that game!

I also would say it's a close tie with Super Metroid which I used to play every single year before my TV stopped accepting the inputs and got too far from the couch for the controllers to reach haha.

22 hours ago, Interstella Burst said:

In honor of the announcement of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom I am here to formally announce my favorite game is Zelda: Breath of the Wild. And I wasn't even a fan of Zelda before I played that game!

I also would say it's a close tie with Super Metroid which I used to play every single year before my TV stopped accepting the inputs and got too far from the couch for the controllers to reach haha.

Definitely excellent choices there!

My usual default answer for favorite game is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, pretty much everything about it. But to be honest, I don't think I could ever really narrow it down to just one, or even just a few. My gaming tastes are usually in the Indie realm, and also...well, the ones now considered "retro" (to me they were just videogames!) both on the PC (DOS) and console sides. Also, music games: mainly Rock Band, Project Diva and Beat Saber.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, I haven't been playing a lot of video games but there are always ones that make me feel nostalgic. Such as Minecraft, Mario Party, and other Wii games, Among Us, Undertale, and probably more games.

I've had many favorites over the years.  My first was Ultima IV, which managed to pack a surprisingly vibrant (and large) world onto my 128k Apple IIc.  Star Control II was the next game to really capture my attention.  Both games managed to convey a story of surpising depth for a video game.

I had a brief affair with Total Annihilation. 4x games aren't usually my thing, but TA had a mod community that kept the game fresh for a few years.  As long as I played against the computer, my weak strategy wasn't a handicap.

Minecraft is my number one game, and is likely to stay that way, given how long it has held the top slot.  I loved Lego when I was a wee child, and Minecraft scratches that itch in a big way.  My daughter is always telling me that the things I build in survival mode are better than what she sees others making in creative mode.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/26/2014 at 2:16 PM, Guest wannabefem said:

Red orchestra 2 - heroes of Stalingrad

Really enjoy playing this on steam

oh wow, i havent played in ages but i love that game too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Stealth games:

• Dishonored
  • Sly Cooper
  • Thief

Horror games:

• Resident Evil
  • Silent Hill
  • Fatal Frame
  • Call of Cthulhu

Roleplaying games:

• Fallout
  • Planescape Torment
  • Skyrim
  • Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

Other games:

• American McGee’s Alice -and- Alice Madness Returns
  • Fran Bow
  • Ghostwire Tokyo
  • Miss Fortune
  • Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
  • Stubbs the Zombie

TTRPGs:

• Call of Cthulhu
  • Dungeons & Dragons (2nd to 3rd ed.)
  • Shadowrun
  • World of Darkness

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, Meek said:

TTRPGs:

• Call of Cthulhu
  • Dungeons & Dragons (2nd to 3rd ed.)
  • Shadowrun
  • World of Darkness

What? No Thirsty Sword Lesbians? It's been really popular on my sapphic gaming server.

Hugs!

• 3 weeks later...

I am particularly fond of any of the Fallout series or BioShock. Currently playing the new Dead Space.

• 3 weeks later...

Its not too hard to guess but my favorite video game is halo wars for the 360. I have been playing links awaking recently though 

It's a tie between Link to the Past and Omori, one an old favorite and one a recent beginning.

• 4 weeks later...

I was obsessed with Red Dead Redemption 2 when it came out on PS4. I also got hooked on the later iterations of Assassin's Creed. Loved Valhalla, really loved Odyssey, and am currently enjoying Origins. Good fun.

• 2 months later...

my all-time favorite game is kinda goofy, it's the Spongebob Movie Game from 2004 on the PS2. I regularly use an emulator just to play it lolol.

• 3 months later...

How is Terfenstein 3d not mentioned here?
I bought it just because I support the cause. I ended up playing it many times through. 

It is for special occasions... when I meet special people online.