• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Warcraft

Guest Sashel Trace

Guest Melanieshaman

Well my Tauren Dk hit 78 and my wife and i headed to Icecrown... I really only go on my 80 Tauren warrior to farm ore to make armor for our dks...lol or play in Wintergrasp... oops, yes i restarted my account... with the departure of one of the major player with WAR i am really unsure where that game is going, and the new content is NOT great (Saddens me i had high hopes for that game)..oh well, hopefully open beta for Alganon will start soon (as i am on the list for early access) :D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Milly

• Sally

Guest Clare

Server: Winterhoof

Characters:

Nektang, level 80 orc survival hunter

Flapjacks, level 20 tauren resto druid

I used to play on moon guard before it got overcrowded.

Guest Melanieshaman
Server: Winterhoof

Characters:

Nektang, level 80 orc survival hunter

Flapjacks, level 20 tauren resto druid

I used to play on moon guard before it got overcrowded.

ahhh Winterhoof is my alliance server highest i have there is 72 hunter, shaman and dk and a 70 warrior Obviously allaince is not my calling LOL I am a hordie at heart

Guest 71christy09

Being an Evercrack 2 addict here (avg 5 plus hours on my days off), I can not make heads nor tails of half the acronyms and slang y'all use for WoW. I can decipher some of the talk, like rogues, druids, servers, tanks; but the rest is greek. :lol:

• 2 months later...
Guest Tammy Maher

After resisting since the original release of the first game I finall broke down and bought a 6 month subscription. I haven't gotten far yet, but I'll let you know when i do.

Guest Snow Princess Sophie

I'm on the borderline of quitting. I'm not as active as I used to be. In my honest opinion the game gets worse with each expansion and even worse with each patch now. It was long hard to get my first 60 and it was the fun of the difficult challenge getting there that kept me playing. It was thrill of finding 39 other people to do MC, BWL, etc. I wanted to climb the long hard ladder to rank 14. I miss the days when accomplishing those things actually meant something and dungeons were more challenging and epics required a lot of work to get. And World P{VP is pretty much dead now as ppl are focused on BGs and Arena. For me personally, arena helped kill PVP. Arena was only any good when it was still original WOW with skirmish matches added in the BC content patch. And of course getting your BG faction epic felt good and BG faction tabard. I feel we were better off without resillience and haste. Nowadays it's really easy, maybe some challenge still to it, but not to the ideal degree it was in pre BC. I may just roll a Pre BC Blizzlike private server and enjoy my WOW time there. I may also start playing WAR once I get my RAM upgraded.

If anyone's curious:

Khaz'Modan Server (US)

Tootboots 80 Female Gnome PVP Frost DK

Sixsixsixx 70 Male NE Fury Warrior

Guest Melanieshaman
I'm on the borderline of quitting. I'm not as active as I used to be. In my honest opinion the game gets worse with each expansion and even worse with each patch now. It was long hard to get my first 60 and it was the fun of the difficult challenge getting there that kept me playing. It was thrill of finding 39 other people to do MC, BWL, etc. I wanted to climb the long hard ladder to rank 14. I miss the days when accomplishing those things actually meant something and dungeons were more challenging and epics required a lot of work to get. And World P{VP is pretty much dead now as ppl are focused on BGs and Arena. For me personally, arena helped kill PVP. Arena was only any good when it was still original WOW with skirmish matches added in the BC content patch. And of course getting your BG faction epic felt good and BG faction tabard. I feel we were better off without resillience and haste. Nowadays it's really easy, maybe some challenge still to it, but not to the ideal degree it was in pre BC. I may just roll a Pre BC Blizzlike private server and enjoy my WOW time there. I may also start playing WAR once I get my RAM upgraded.

If anyone's curious:

Khaz'Modan Server (US)

Tootboots 80 Female Gnome PVP Frost DK

Sixsixsixx 70 Male NE Fury Warrior

As someone who has played since launch I do tend to agree with alot of what you're saying, the only place i differ is the next expansion is like remaking vanilla wow and seems like it MAY give alot of that "new car feel" back to wow.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Brewfest is going on for 1 more week and Harvest Week starts in 2 days!

plus Blizzard announced the NEW expansion "Cataclysm" with changes to the old world (Azeroth, Kalimdor), 2 new playable races (Goblin, Worgen), a few new areas opened up, flying mounts in the old kingdom, guild achievments.

It could be very, very exciting.

Love and hugs and pvp,

Liz the lvl80 Warlock

btw, go to Youtube and look up Onyxia Wipe Animation. First video by Alachas1985 is HILARIOUS!

• 2 weeks later...

I play a 80 blood elf paladin on hellscream and a 66 night elf DK on Alexstraza

I know I play to much but have been kinda bored with it Ill probably pick up again when patch 3.3 comes out.

Guest Melanieshaman
I play a 80 blood elf paladin on hellscream and a 66 night elf DK on Alexstraza

I know I play to much but have been kinda bored with it Ill probably pick up again when patch 3.3 comes out.

I'm scared to see what you'd think of me, if thats playing too much...

80s-Tauren warrior

Tauren DK

Belf SPriest

Belf Rogue

70+s-Orc HUnter (my latest project)

Tauren Shaman

Draenei Shaman

Draenei Warrior

Nelf Hunter

And WAY to many 60s and lower to mention.

BTW I am on the verge of quitting wow, the wife and i got bored of it, BUT we WERE going to go back to WAR and gave the 10 day free trial a go, and the 6 servers left are so dead it makes me wanna cry. I loved that game so much! Hopefully they will make some solid changes, address all the issues and we can have a rebirth. Anyway, this thread is about WoW lol So, we're not sure if we are qutting but our time cards do expire at the end of the week..so we will see. I could stand taking a few months off so i can get back to work on my comicbook.

I'm scared to see what you'd think of me, if thats playing too much...

80s-Tauren warrior

Tauren DK

Belf SPriest

Belf Rogue

70+s-Orc HUnter (my latest project)

Tauren Shaman

Draenei Shaman

Draenei Warrior

Nelf Hunter

And WAY to many 60s and lower to mention.

BTW I am on the verge of quitting wow, the wife and i got bored of it, BUT we WERE going to go back to WAR and gave the 10 day free trial a go, and the 6 servers left are so dead it makes me wanna cry. I loved that game so much! Hopefully they will make some solid changes, address all the issues and we can have a rebirth. Anyway, this thread is about WoW lol So, we're not sure if we are qutting but our time cards do expire at the end of the week..so we will see. I could stand taking a few months off so i can get back to work on my comicbook.

well I do have more but I mainly play those two. And my paladin has 4/5 T9 :lol:

Guest Melanieshaman
well I do have more but I mainly play those two. And my paladin has 4/5 T9 :lol:

I don't raid.. i did for a few years back in vanilla and BC (MC< ZG< AQ and Kara) got so burned out and bored with it. I mostly PvP... As raiding has grown stale and WAY too easy.

Ex- wow-addict here! ^^;

Had been playing for over a year (shortly after TBC came out), and raised a cute gnome rogue to level 70 on a Spanish realm (and her battle chicken and mechanical dragonling to 78, of course!).

After a several months break, I went back to the game with the release of WotLK and started new toons on an English-speaking server (Spanish servers are just too crowded with politics and soccer chat :( ).

My toons there are:

lvl80 Gnome Rogue (450 minning / 451 gnomish engineering FTW!! ) (btw, capable of off-tanking and emergency off-healing!) (saving for my bike!!)

lvl71 Human DK (425 BS / 425 JC) should level her up to start getting blue recipes ^^; Used to be too good of a tank, and capable of nearly insane dps... but I have heard that DKs have been properly nerfed on recent patches, so can't say for sure.

lvl50 Human Mage (251 herb / 375 tailoring) brought her from the Spanish realms to have someone in the guild able to sew 16-slot bags ^^; (was miner 300+, but dropped that for herbalism after the migration because it was too redundant)

lvl40 NElf Priest (300 Ench / 241 inscr) dropped tailoring for inscription after bringing the mage to that realm.

+ multiple low-level bank-mules.

I've been away from wow since august... but plan to come back once I have the time and money for it... In how many games can you land with a flying machine inside a tavern to enjoy a power metal concert?? (BTW, get noggenfogger elixir to /dance properly unless you're already playing a forsaken)

Regards,

Ethain

Guest p3ngu!n

i have a 70 troll shaman that i used as a tank. took forever to find the right armor & weapon combinations. i love shamans. too bad i can't afford to play. i think i used spinebreaker as my server.

I just started playing a few days ago, myself. I'm on a trial account and when it runs out I'll most likely be quitting. But while I'm still playing, I play on Runetotem. Only got one active character, though, and it's a level 20 Undead Warrior (Somedeadchik).

Guest p3ngu!n

you can play on free servers you know. it only requires really easy modifications. check out "how to use free wow servers" on google. some page shows you how. thats what i used to do. lots of servers have instant leveling and stuff which is cool. or some other cool effect.

Oh I know about private servers, but I was only actually playing in the first place because my friends had been on me for years to play. Told 'em I'd get a trial account and play until it ran out.

• 1 month later...
Guest Caroline_J

WoW is one of my favorite games!

Sentinels

- Saphrica: Level 80 Ne resto/feral druid (my main)

- Faroula: Level 80 Ne Hunter (MM)

- Enyio: Level 80 Ne Prot/furry warrior

- Yasra: level 50 Dreanei Beastmaster hunter

- Calumina: Level 80 Ne holy/shadow priest

Proudmore

- Nexeus: Level 80 Dreanei resto/enhance shamen

Earthenring

- luandra: level 44 BE beastmaster hunter

Sisters of elune

- Aphea: Level 25 human Warlock

- Luandra: level 60 frost deathknight

and I have several lowbies floating around on a bunch of other servers as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing until the new expansion is released. Just getting tired of how much time the game requires at the high end and want to get on with my life now that I actually care about it. That said, I'm the top rogue in the top Alliance guild on my server ... we clear everything important in about 4 hours so it's not like I play a whole lot right now.

80 Human (Assassination) Rogue

80 Priest

80 Paladin

71 Warlock

68 Death Knight

66 Warrior

44 Shaman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AshleyRF

I use to play on Daggerspine. I had several toons (played horde side) but most notably known for either my priest (Eulogist) or my paladin (Scootypuffjr). I was beta testing the Lich King xpac and I just decided all of a sudden one day that it was no longer really interesting to me anymore. I had just started HRT and I don't know if that was the cause or not but honestly, ever since my transition, I have just not been into video games anymore.

Anyway... I remember the good old days... prior to any of the xpacs. My guild finished BWL, slammed through AQ40 and moved straight into the origional Naxx. You want to talk about a hard instance.... Naxx was pure torture. I love it, but god it was so hard. The boss fights were insane in that place.

I sometimes miss it a little. My brother still plays and I've thought about picking it back up again. I actually might after the next xpac. Lich King just didn't impress me all that much when I was beta testing it. Rogues were still insanely overpowered, retadins were insane as well, and they killed tankadins (my favorite toon to play), and priest were just lame as healers. It was just no longer any fun to me. I enjoyed TBC a great deal, but as time went on, I was unable to raid anymore with my guild because I was working nights most of the time and there ended up being a lot of turmoil within my guild that eventually caused it to split up (from what I'm told). I wouldn't even know where to begin now if I were to start playing again. I hate the idea of having to rebuild a reputation as a great player in a new guild so as I'm assured a raiding spot and honestly, If I'm not raiding on an almost daily basis, that game is just not fun to me. I hate the PvP aspect of it because it is always so unbalanced and you have 1 or 2 really overpowered classes and the rest are just meat shields.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Melanieshaman
you can play on free servers you know. it only requires really easy modifications. check out "how to use free wow servers" on google. some page shows you how. thats what i used to do. lots of servers have instant leveling and stuff which is cool. or some other cool effect.

Free servers are technically illegal, and it's stealing from Blizzard, now i realize they make a ton of money every month off us paying players, but still it's the ethics of it. Plain and simple it's theft!

Gul'dan

5 80s Warrior, shaman (main), Priest, Rogue, and a Dk and leveling a mage and a pally

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NatashaJade
If you are smart, you will keep it that way. :)

It is a horrible time sink, isn't it? My distant friends pay for me to play so we can be "social". It's fun. We set up iChat and talk while we kill things. I have a hunter with a kitty (who does all the heavy lifting for me...such a nice kitty) and it's fun a few nights a week. What I don't do is obsess over it. You wont ever find me at Blizzcon salivating over the next release. My friends, however? Lost...so lost.

luv

Gin

• 2 months later...
Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Oh, btw, I changed realms. I was on a PST server but switched to an EST server. Now on Eonar. Since I didn't want to pay the realm change fee more than once, I had to start my lowbie hunter all over again and my DK again. Oy....