• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Does anyone else wish they were a shape-shifter?

Guest Today

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the ability to switch between a male or female body at will?

I wish I could remake my body whenever I wanted. I don't think I would like being female all the time but I also don't want to be trapped in a male body forever. Something a bit more in between might be nice but it would still feel too permanent. If I could, I'd be switching between male and female pretty frequently. I'd probably sleep exclusively as female since I feel the most dysphoric at night. How about you? Do you ever feel like your life could be seriously improved by frequent shape-shifting?

• Forum Moderator

I often felt i was doing just that when i would spend time as myself and have to change back. It was painful. I can't imagine wanting that pain but i did learn to live with it for several years before i could go full time.

Hugs,

Charlie

Do you ever feel like your life could be seriously improved by frequent shape-shifting?

Mhhh this is a tough question. On the one hand, I don't want to be trapped in a female body all my life, but on the other I don`t want to be manly!

I`m something in between and it would be very nice, if I could be an androgynous human-being. Neither male nor female.

But what would happen, if I were a shape-shifter? I think, I would use this I would use this ability in public! I would use the ability to be either male or female. This would make my life easier :hairpull:

• Forum Moderator

I'd love to be a shape shifter

I think body shape and looks limit greatly the range of clothing that can be worn and places to feel relaxed in

I love the clothes I can wear but also even more girly things which would not work for me in public view. There are even some male things I would look odd in. I love to dress up and change style.

I do that in fantasy but perhaps it would be a wish too far :rolleyes:

Tracy x

Guest Jamie_cd

Yes! I would love to able to change my physical appearance at any time. Like Tracy said, I'd look pretty odd in certain things but if I could wear them without people looking at me funny, it would be great! There are so many girly things I enjoy but shouldn't do since I'm a guy. It sucks most days but then there are the days when I'm perfectly happy being a guy. Those days are kind of seldom though. Overall though, I'd much rather be viewed as a girl 99% of the time and a tomboy the other 1%

• 1 year later...
Guest Razilee

I wouldn't want to be a bimorph like Bruce Banner, just shapeshifting into one of two shapes. I used to fantasize while playing with clay when I was young of being Polly Murphy the Polymorph. :superman:

Raz

Guest noeleena

Hi,

This ? is like saying to myself any way whats it like being this way all the time ,and from birth . I don't know any different and with that only comes a few body organs that would make little difference any way , only one would ,

Living my life what really would be different how I see myself or would it concern others more, family yes it would or I should say did , when you are both male female whats going to change .... Really .....shape of your body hormones my own what you wear yes spos so or how others see you ,

so getting deeper how you interact with people how they perceive you as a person how you express your self in every part of your life .

Okay how could I improve my life , Gee ...Only one miner detail and I don't really think it would not now any way , possible maybe , facial surgery , I doubt it im too well known and known by many 1000s of people now, that it would help at all ,

There are aspects about myself that can be seen in many things I do that some may say oh that's how a male will do it or that's how a female does it , so combine the two and that's how it works in my case .

I cant change and be a male or a female or change to..... Being..... a male or female note the word ...change.... and I don't know how it could ever be done not with in my makeup ,

So what youd like to do is be totally all male , and say later be totally all female Hmmm , okay , allright the totaly one or other ,

is not something I would wish for yet I was given what I needed to be who I am , If you can get your head around the im both then you may get what its like for us ,

As a ? though why would you like to be able to change back and forth , maybe that's were I don't understand your thoughts ,

...noeleena...

"Is that Jessica Rabbit over there? I want to get an autograph and a picture with her!" "Naw, that's just old JodyAnn shapeshifting again!"

I would like that in only one direction. Female, more and better, in that order. Giggle.

I was envious of Marilyn Monroe, pffft! They would have to chop me up for stew meat and sew me back together. I would have more stitches than Burlington Textile! That much pain for gain I can do without. Alass, I must work with what I have. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Hug. JodyAnn

I'd like switch just to female, but since I also wan't my wife to be happy, I would switch back from time to time to make her happy. She loves moth of my sides, she calls it the best of both worlds. LOL

• Forum Moderator

Contrary to my earlier post I am now in the position of being unsure!

In some ways it would be nice to be a shape shifter and look exactly how I wanted but I like to be open and honest as far as I can so changing would not be nice to anyone I had a relationship with unless they were fully aware. It is, I think, an ideal which in practice may be a curse.

Additionally as time goes on I feel more relaxed changing between male and female anyway. Mentally when out as female I am usually much more confident now than when I posted earlier (2013). I feel much more attuned to my female side although being male is more of a problem than then (for example - recently when dressed fully male I went into the men's bathroom in a store and as I approached the urinal I stopped dead and thought to myself 'this is wrong'. I overcame that but it didn't half spook a man using an adjacent urinal :D ).

All in all I think it is that I feel I can change between male and female to a large extent without being a shape shifter and in doing so I am still me so I am more relaxed with the morality of the situation!

Tracy

I would so love to be able to shape shift---I didn't get that mutant gene though (Mystique from X-men).

• 1 year later...

We're a two-spirit, meaning that there's me, the tomboy female, and there's the fully male spirit that lives in here with me most of the time. He has dreams of looking like himself, sometimes, and it's so intense and beautiful that he gets a little weepy about it... then the body wakes up, and we're back to being stuck female again, and there's a different kind of tears...

Guest Kaylee

I placed "unsure' for one simple reason. I am a child of sci-fi, and resolved long ago that were I able to switch genders at will, I would simply change my body to female... and stay there.

I have zero desire to live my life as male.

Hhmmm...I voted "no" in the survey.  I made my medical transition a few years back, and have no desire to return to what was.

Interestingly enough, I had the opportunity to witness something that was purported to be just that....

Early on in our relationship, my spouse (American Indian) took me to visit an old Indian bruja who provided a small demonstration with a portion of one of her limbs.  The gist of the demonstration was that a portion of one scrawny limb appeared to transform into something resembling a muscular, masculine, forelimb.  The old woman said she could do more, but would not do so, stating that her age the exertion required & subsequent recovery time was more than she wished to expend.  I asked no questions, before or after her demonstration.  As a guest I merely accepted what was offered.

Although I do not believe in such things as shape-shifting, the old woman's demonstration was quite interesting. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yes.if it included beable to choose what you wanted as well, like bits of both bodies. Then definently ☺

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 134 Guests (See full list)

• Davie
    • Vidanjali
    • MaeBe
    • Ivy
    • SamC
    • Abigail Genevieve
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. 777fleetleader777
      777fleetleader777
      (21 years old)
    2. ArinHallm3
      ArinHallm3
      (18 years old)
    3. ITakMyTime
      ITakMyTime
      (70 years old)
    4. Jess31
      Jess31
      (40 years old)
    5. Natalie71645
      Natalie71645
      (39 years old)
    • MaeBe
      Thank you @Mirrabooka!
    • April Marie
      What an amazing life you've shared with your wife. I can understand the trepidation you had at telling her at that point in your relationship but it certainly saved all of the guilt, the questioning and the secrecy that would have filled your lives had you not.   I'm on the other end of the spectrum having denied and buried my truth for decades and fast approaching 50 years of marriage when the dysphoria and depression finally came to critical mass and I unloaded it all on a New Year's Day morning. As you might imagine, it led to a lot of questions, of questioning everything, of anger and hurt on my wife's part. Guilt, embarrassment, fear...and anything else you can imagine on my part.   Thankfully, our love for each other has always been the foundation of our relationship and, ultimately, we both agreed that staying together was what we both wanted. It was a tough year but, now into the 2d since my coming out, we've hit our stride and are exploring this new norm in our life.   I do so love your blog.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Will be at my place
    • Vidanjali
      Congratulations on your new family member!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I thought I would try my version of this. Changes in bold.   I am Transgender.  Sometimes it is remote, sometimes close. Sometimes I am euphoric, sometimes depressed. It is something I cannot get away from and cannot welcome enough. I see some things both ways that neither men as men see or women as women see.  I can be gentle and compassionate and hard as nails. I was born with male genitals but a female heart   I have my heart.  Whatever it is. When I look at a female, I wish I looked like her  Depends on the woman.  When I look at a male, I wish I did not look like him   Ditto. I envy female movements, softness, behaviors, appearances, fashion...EVERYTHING Female Depends. Sometimes I get angry at them because women spend time and energy in ways men don't.  It is not necessarily bad.  I could do without the gossip. Not all women gossip.  Excessive focus on fashion is something I find annoying. And expensive. I tolerate all things male out of social obligation...not because I feel like a man or because it makes me happy....but because that's what I was forced to believe was my only choice....beginning in early childhood. Sometimes it is helpful to put on the Iron Man suit and act accordingly.  But I have seen some tough women. When I look at myself in the mirror in only bra and panties...I can see my nude female body...and it makes me smile and feel amazing and warm inside....yet sad because that is not my reality. I could go either way, mostly. Really.  In tests in the last two years technicians have gone really quiet when they see how little body and leg hair I have.  I looked at myself this morning.  Remove a few clues and a girl is standing there. When I look at myself in the mirror in only boxers...I can see my nude male body and it saddens me deeply and makes me feel sick and depressed...and at times...even ashamed....Because this IS my reality. At this point I am not going to do that. In the mood I am in I might break the mirror. My true gender does not influence my sexual interests or preferences...or change who I am....in any form or fashion. Gender identity is in no way connected to anything sexually related on any level.  Not sure I want to make that statement so categorically. Life as a male leaves me with a feeling that something is off...that something is missing...that something is not as it should have been.   Well put. The idea of having to continue living as a male...as someone I am not...for the rest of my life...even if its only part time...causes great sadness and anxiety within myself. I've got priorities beyond this that this must fit into. The idea of living as the girl I am and always have been on a full time basis...regardless of where I am, what I am doing or who I am around...brings me great joy, happiness and a sense of peace within myself.  Would be neat. Looking like and living as a girl makes me smile.   Would be neat.  There are downsides.  Looking like and living as a guy makes me sad.   I have had lots of practice accepting this. I am Transgender....I am a girl
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Good listener, respect them, and show sympathy/empathy, even just being there
    • Ashley0616
      Getting dog today he's potty trained
    • Sally Stone
      Think positively, Ashley.  I have no doubt you'll find your king or queen at some point.   Hugs,   Sally
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Bob had the night off from teaching kara-tay and they planned to spend a lot of it at Cabaret.   Once in, Taylor waited for her man to park and looked around.  There was a sign "Mary, Paul and Peter LIVE tonight" and, sure enough, three microphones were standing in the open area.  A new hostess came up to her. "Are you alone?" "Oh, no.  He's coming." Taylor was led to a table. Bob was there in a minute and managed to get in there and seat her.  She smiled. "The act will be along in a few minutes. And Congratulations! I am SO EXCITED!!" Taylor responded to his look. "I got promoted." "To what?" "Head of Marketing." "You're kidding." "Nope.  It seems the Board finally woke up to the fact that the China cash cow may come to an end and they need to do something. Did you know that the VPs on up all get over a million dollars in compensation without really doing anything?" "No." "I am supposed to figure out how to re-energize over thirty acres of factory that have laid idle for forty years or more." "Why don't they do it?" She whispered,"the head of production is the son of the previous head of production. He has never produced anything."  She explained that everything was made in China and exported back to the US and sold under different brand names. "How am I going to find someone?" He smiled. "Congratulations. Sounds like a problem.  Hey, today we were talking about problems at our Philly plant.  One, it was built before World War 2. Second the city and state are tightening regulations and the tax structure is adverse.  Third, we get protestors every day, some of whom break into the factory.  People are talking about relocating." "We are forty miles from an interstate." "That is a plus.  Makes it harder for protestors to find us if we moved here." "You are really thinking that?" "I am, right now. I can't speak for the company.  I know there is a rail line." "Spur, actually, with several sidings.  The buildings are in good shape." "Do you have about five acres we could look at? How about if I take some pictures and send them off?" "Great.  And protestors would not be tolerated in Millville.  The factory area once upon a time was the main employer and people are very protective." Two weeks later she was in Philadelphia with Gibson and a few others.  The deal was signed and by end of summer ten acres, with an option on another ten, were being upgraded and equipment was coming in by rail. Not five, but ten.  She got a $20,000 bonus out of the blue.  The company was flush with Chinese cash that they didn't know what to do with. She was developing plans. But back to dinner.  "Did I tell you what they are paying me?" "No." She told him. "That is more than I am making." "You don't sound happy." "It takes some getting used to.  You are Management and Croesus combined." "Yeah. Is this a problem?" "No.  As I said, it takes some getting used to."  The musicians arrived and were introduced: three local teenagers in Peter Paul and Mary clothing and wigs like it was the 60s.  They began singing. "They are good," she said. "They are lip-synching." "They are good at lip-synching." They listened for a while. "Work is going to be intense for a while." "I'll bet." "I won't be able to talk to you about some of it." "I bet." They had a good evening.   The high point for Bob was that she let him put his hand on hers.  The high point for her was Bob did not seem threatened by her now being Management and making more than he did with a Masters. She didn't tell him she was likely to be in on the distribution of money the Chinese sent every year to keep them fat and happy.  But she had to finish up that report, so the evening ended early.  He drove her home, checked her apartment for people and again walked away hearing her lock the door three times.  She didn't say it, but he knew she was going to have a long talk with her therapist as well.   Her therapist was a night owl.  
    • Ashley0616
      envy: painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage obsolete : MALICE : an object of envious notice or feeling
    • MaeBe
      I sit back and think, am I this person? I definitely argue, but with the willingness to alter my opinion if I find that my information is lacking. So, no? I also don't go pointing fingers in faces like a crazed person, usually I am the one to argue with that kind of person; typically because they can't see past emotion and have little concern for actual facts. Sometimes it's sport that I do this (ENTP, baby!), but usually it comes from a place of trying to inform and shift opinion--or at least get them to actually obtain facts or get their facts from objective sources.
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.