• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shoes & Shoe Sizes

Guest Sarah-hime

Guest Sarah-hime

I'm not too sure about femme shoes since I have size 11/12 (UK) feet and women are generally not known for having big feet: anything I could do to get a pair that fit? In general, how do CD's get around the 'shoe issue'?

Guest Sophie Jean
I'm not too sure about femme shoes since I have size 11/12 (UK) feet and women are generally not known for having big feet: anything I could do to get a pair that fit? In general, how do CD's get around the 'shoe issue'?

I don't know about the UK, but I just go to the large women's shoe section at Payless, starting at men's size +2, and when no one's looking try them on. On a visit to San Francisco, I was less modest and got a really nice pair of heels.

- Sophie Jean

• Root Admin

I'm a bit luckier, my shoe size is a 9 (UK) but can get away with some 8's but prefer 8EE.

Some of the catalogues inserted into various TV weekly mags cater to those with wide feet, or eBay often have some good offers available.

Guest Kimberley Jackson
I guess we'll all have to move to the continent.

I'm a size 43 there no matter which department I'm in.

Z.

Hey im size 9 but fit into a womens size 7 fine i have no idea why but if you have a debit card i recomend Bananafeet type it into gogole great site for bigger feet, kim xx

Guest Katie-Louise

I dont have a problem with women shoes because im UK Size 8/9 E :) i feel really fortunate that my shoe size is withing the womens range and high heels are my favourite :) I got a lovely pair of red ones there like so wonderful hehe on the internet they do larger sizes which is good

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EllenM

All need to come to Holland for a short shopping holiday :-). Plenty of nice shoe collections in many places. Size's from 36 up to 45 /46 European size.

All the shops do not blink an eye if you walk in as man asking for high heels and they don't mind if you want to try them all.

One very big shop is about 100 meters from my house, so when finished, pop in for a drink ;-)

Shoes buying by the internet is very difficult, all manufactures use slightly different mould.

I personally sometimes have 43, or 43,5 and when they falling small 44. And the with is also very important. It usually takes me two hours to buy a pair of new shoes, they are expensive and I can not afford to buy some that do not fit the end.

Woman shoes must fit much tighter then the male shoes and they need "walking in".

Most of the shops also sell over the internet but the site's are in Dutch.

Ellen

• 2 weeks later...

I wear a size 13 in mens sizes (US) I ordered size 15 women and they fit perfectly. There are several places you can order from on the net, I got mine from Suddenly Fem they specialize in clothing for (cd) girls

• 4 weeks later...
Guest leadcrysbear13

i myself go to Payless near where i live just to see the options that i may have when the money rolls in that is

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Joanne Pooler

Keep an eye out for,during warmer weather,sandals that have elastic straps.I just found an adorable pair of Mootsie Tootsies (mfg brand) in a size 11 that fit my size 12-13 foot beautifully.Nice inch and 1/2 heel.Open shoes/sandals allow the larger girth of the male foot to it into those types of footwear,with elastic even more chance they'll fit,and be comfy!!

Good luck,love to all! Joanne

• 1 month later...
Guest Meryl

Hi...my name is Meryl and am new to the forum. Shoes are my problem too. I wear a size 15 men's shoe and am looking for some strappy sandals in, like, a size 17 in women's. Right now, I've got a generic size 17 pump ordered.

From your experience, do you think I could fit into a size 16 sandal...I would really love to because 16 is usually where the cutoff is for anything stylish. Just wishful thinking I guess. Let me know what you gals think ;-) Thanks, Meryl

Guest JoAnnDallas

Some conversion charts will tell you that your fem shoe size is 2 sizes larger than your male shoe size. I have found that shoe sizes are like dress sizes. You need to try them on to find what size fits you. In my case I wear a size 8US male shoe but a size 9US womans. If I went with the chart, I should be wearing a size 10US womans shoe. I once tried on a size 10US and found I could put two fingures between my heel and the back part of the shoe.

• 2 months later...
Guest rachael1

I bought my first two pair of high heels through ebay and both were a reasonable fit.

I recently bought some women's boots with a 3 inch heel in a shopping centre, i gathered my courage and simply picked up a pair and tried them on for size.

To my delight they were a good fit so now they are a part of my wardrobe. :)

Guest Becky Lynn

Hi :)

I lucked out and have women's size feet (sz8us), in fact all my shoes are women's size, I can't find men's shoes to fit properly not to mention that I find women's styles more apealling anyhow. I love Mary Janes. I find most of my shoes on Ebay. You can get some real nice one's for a fraction of what you can get them retail, and you don't have to worry about someone gauking at you while trying them on. If you don't mind wearing a shoe that's been gently worn, look in your local thrift store, but be selective. I find some really nice one's there.