• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hard to Admit, But I'm Addicted

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

This is going to sound totally retro, if not downright silly, but I have to admit that I'm addicted to a computer game.

Solitaire. :blush:

I started playing months ago, and now I spend probably 1-2 hours a day playing. Not constantly, but if I'm monitoring the boards here, and its slow, I'll load the game and play in between approving posts (sorry, ME, but you know, I'm an addict. :P ).

I've played 4,633 games, won 682 (about 14.75 per cent), my longest win streak is 5 games, and my current (losing) streak is 10 games. My longest losing streak was 37 games, near the end of which I became downright depressed. :(

I'm searching for an S.A.A. club (Solitaire Addicts Anonymous), but haven't found one yet. I'll search again after I play a few more games. ;)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

I can understand that - it's not silly at all. At least it's not Candy Crush lol (I joke with friends about this). You seem almost as obsessed with statistics as I am :)

My game at the moment is Sudoku on ipad. I don't really get addicted as such though because I am really more addicted to jumping from interest to interest - doing lots of things at the same time ie multitasking

It does not give me much chance of addiction to any individual pursuit

Tracy x

• Forum Moderator

Johnny here. Pogo games -Yahtzee and Poppitt

I am still too in denial to calculate time spent or dare read my stats.

Fair warning- it started with Solitaire-a gateway-and has progressed from there down a slippery slope.

• Admin
.This one does contribute to my rotund belly and my carpal tunnel syndrome. Perhaps a chapter of SAA is in the cards?

Love, Megan

Pun intended, Megan? :P

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Johnny here. Pogo games -Yahtzee and Poppitt

I am still too in denial to calculate time spent or dare read my stats.

Fair warning- it started with Solitaire-a gateway-and has progressed from there down a slippery slope.

Hey JJ, speaking of slippery slope- did ya'll get any of that ice storm? WE gor 5in of snow.

• Forum Moderator

I've somehow avoided those addictions. I've had plenty of other ones. My biggest now is Laura's, just ask my wife.

Hugs,

Charlie

• Admin

There are indeed what are referred to as "Process Addictions" and they affect the same brain structure the same way as chemical addictions do. Two of the oldest known process addictions are nymphomania and gambling addiction, and there are 12 step programs. If the game begins to interfer with your life and starts taking more and more time and becomes more important than most interpersonal relations etc. You may need help!! It actually does exist, but look it up on google if you can tear yourself away from your game.

Guest ChefErik93

hello, my name is Erik, and i am addicted to spider solitaire, sudoku, and diner dash. i've been battling this for years. i've even run down the battery all the way on my phone because of these games. what if someone needed to text me?! my phone would have been dead. until i could charge it back. but then guess what i would do? play more games.

ok...all joking aside...i do feel that these games consume me sometimes! they can be very hard to step away from. also, we all seem to be addicted to games that challenge us mentally on at least some level. the ones that really get you thinking. go us!!

Erik ;)

Hi, I'm _______ and my gaming addiction knows no bounds. I now create games inside my own head. I need to tidy the flat? I give myself objectives to complete and imagine monsters and such things are around that i have to fight off. I get rewards for each level i complete. I've found it's helped me a lot though. I sometimes get addicted to Tetris and solitaire, spider solitaire Mahjong titans then also the more 'modern games'

Hi, I'm Jody and I may be SAA. I can't in good conscience receive my 24 hour chip as I play almost every day. I want to find a sponsor, chair a meeting and get a Big Book, though I have no money to do so. I can make good coffee until then. I pass