• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Permanent eyebrow shaping through electrolysis

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Is anyone else going this route?

My electrolysis lady mentioned that she wanted to work on my brows because I was doing them all wrong but in order to do so, I had to let them totally grow out (this, as it turns out, was more of a struggle than I realized) so she could begin to shape them. So I went through the pain-staking process of not touching my brows for 6 weeks. As it turns out, like I said, this was more of a struggle than I realized because my instinct has always been to clean them up myself so I had to fight with myself to not touch 'em!

Originally I thought she was just going to wax them every time I had a session so I'd have fabulous brows for a few weeks. Much to my surprise, and it's been a slow process as she's just doing a little bit at a time, she's taking the electrolysis needle to them and slowly and gradually removing hairs and cleaning them up. She still has some work to do but now, without no additional work on my half, (well maybe a stray hair or two that I tweeze, I can't help it) I have permanently fabulous brows! I think she wants to thin them out from the bottom just a little more and clean up a wee bit along the top, just the stray hairs.

My laser tech already zapped me between the brows as a precaution to ward off any potential unibrow but I've never had that problem to begin with. I guess an ounce of prevention is better in this case. lol

So yeah, any of you other ladies doing this? or maybe now considering it?

I also had 3 stray dark hairs on my nose that she zapped last time, too, and despite looking like rudolph the red nosed trans girl for a few days, I'm really happy they're gone and I don't have to tweeze those any more!

Guest Melissa~

I have contemplated it, and my electrolysis lady offered to work the area, but I'm not certain of the exact final shape I would want...or that I'm never ever going to do FFS, which could change their location and therefore optimum shape. I probably over tweeze them and that may impact the follicles anyhow, but they aren't my biggest problem.

• Forum Moderator

I'm afraid my blond ones wouldn't like that. I've just grown used to plucking and actually enjoy it. Might be nice to be lazy however. Love to Rudolf the red nosed trans girl. Very cute

Hugs,

Charlie

Guest CassieX

To be honest I had this conversation too with my electrologist but am quite happy with threading and do not want to take such a permanent decision with my eyebrows as I might want to change their shape in the future. Once you get the hairs zapped in electrolysis there's no going back.

Cassie

Guest ValerieD

Unfortunately it's not an option for me. My brows, if left on their own, become a very bushy, masculine unibrow and I've been full time for over a year. I'd never be able to pass in the time they were being shaped.

They're still much thicker than I'd like, but I'm not very good a plucking them and I can't find anyone who does even a halfway decent job of waxing them. They're always too thick and the finer hairs don't respond to the wax anyways.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I understand your hesitation. What my tech is doing with my brows is cleaning them up, mostly, so they're well defined and they look good. She's not making them too thin but she definitely wanted to better define the arch and make them more feminine, even if they still had some Brooke Shields fullness to them. I trust her judgement and skill, otherwise I would have just told her to only wax them. She explained in detail what she wanted to do and why and I thought "um,yeah, that sounds good. go for it!"

She said "Don't worry, I'll make you look gorgeous and fabulous", to which I said...

"More so than I already am?"

;)

Guest Brittany North

I've been having mine done for about a year now (4 or 5 weeks between whole face sessions lately). She just goes after the 'flyers' and the really obviously out of place ones at the bottom or the super thick 'mutant' ones that very occasionally pop up right in the middle between the brows :doh1:

Guest LizMarie

I may have to consider asking about this at my next E3000 session in February. :) I wouldn't want to be too aggressive but getting a more clearly defined feminine shape would be good and save on plucking or going in for threading or waxing.

Guest Markietoo

Lizzie, I mentioned to my electrolysis lady during our regular weekly session that I wanted to have some work done on my way too bushy eyebrows. She said I can take care of that for you right now. We talked about not getting them too thin, a look that is too delicate for my face and frame. She worked on one side and then the other, going back and forth to make them as even as possible. Almost everyone's brows are a bit different on each side. Took a look when she was done and it was quite a change for me. The next week we cleaned up a bit more to get the arch more rounded and got after those rouge hairs that seem to get overlooked. Living full time, having the brows look more feminine is nice and I won't have to fiddle with them too much. With all the other facial hair warfare going one, this is one less battle I'll have to fight. Now if the rest of the hair on my face would be so cooperative, I'd really appreciate it. Electrolysis on the brows was a good choice for me too.

Markie