• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Another question about bumps

Guest April63

Guest April63

I've noticed that when I stop shaving my legs I start to get red bumps that last for about two to three weeks. I think it's quite odd. These bumps only appear after I've gone a week or so without shaving. I do get a few bumps while I'm regularly shaving, but I get significantly more after I stop. I wouldn't think they're ingrown hairs or infections, because should I be getting those all over my legs when I'm shaving and not when I stop?

I also tried sugaring last month. It was a little bit of a mess and didn't work out as well as I hoped. I was able to remove some hair from the roots however. Then I got the same bumps all over my legs a week or two later. I'm thinking of trying an epilator next, but I don't want to be getting all of these bumps with that too.

April

• Forum Moderator

I do find with my ingrowing hairs that it takes several days from shaving for them to appear. They do show by red bumps!

Stopping shaving also stops massage / exfoliation. Does this promote ingrowng hair problems with those that would normally break through and not be a problem with regular treatment?

That is my theory but it would be interesting to hear any other ides as at present I think the only way to stop my ingrowing hair problems (apart from shaving very short rather than to the skin surface which is what I do now) would be to permanently lose my hair (maybe hormones but that is a no no at the moment).

Tracy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jamie23

It is most likely irritation.. this happens to me when i shave 'against the grain' meaning the opposite from which the hair is growing, or can be dry skin...

I know this sounds tedious but what can help is always use disposable razors.. a shaving gel.. and shave with the grain... afterwards put a cold towel over your legs and moisturize dailyyy!!

:D

• 2 months later...
Guest christy01

i noticed that i get less bumps when i let the hair get a little long, if i keep shaving when the hair is short i get more, i shave against the grain tho because i noticed that for me its a closer shave than with the grain.

• 2 months later...
Guest Kendra K

What's all the black dots? Definitely not rash, although I definitely get that.

I started as regular shaving, then tried epilating, now am using electric shaver.

The black dots seen to be under the surface. Even when my legs are freshly shaven, they still look like they're not. :(

Guest lingshen

Kendra,

I have the same issue with the black hairs showing under the skin. My hair is particularly dark on my lower leg and its just been unavoidable for me :( (I'm a cis woman by the way). Its annoying but I have no idea how to avoid it other than waxing (ow)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)

• Colleen Henderson
    • Ivy
    • Charlize
    • Sol
    • Maddee
    • Lydia_R
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

JennieDraegon
    Newest Member
    JennieDraegon

1. FluffyDiscoLayce
      FluffyDiscoLayce
      (31 years old)
    2. Gyryh
      Gyryh
    3. Jubilee
      Jubilee
      (19 years old)
    4. Rabbit
      Rabbit
    5. SandraG
      SandraG
    • Marcie Jensen
      This is from the second article: "Last night, unknown individuals vandalized at least two substations in Moore County with criminal intent. Motive for this crime remains unknown.   From this, it appears that the local authorities have no idea as to who did this or why, despite interviewing a local conservative, and apparently an evangelical Christian, activist. Ms. Caraballo's conclusions are simply a matter of ill considered opinion not supported by fact. Presently, there is no evidence connecting "fascists" to this act (although I suspect othe4rwise). Nor is this an example of "terrorism." Rather, it is a criminal act of the basest sort.   Additionally, as a practicing Presbyterian (someday I may get it right) minister, I can state categorically that most denominations including the Episcopalians, Lutherans, Nazarenes, Methodists etc., do NOT condone this sort of hateful stuff. It's antithetical to everything Christ taught. It's too easy to condemn an entire faith for the actions of a few; this includes Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus and countless others. Perhaps it's time to let the investigation run its course before we start rushing to judgment.   And for the record--God, by whatever name or faith--doesn't provide gunmen to shoot power stations or anything else. Especially in Christianity. Let us remember that one of Jesus' titles is "Prince of Peace."
    • VickySGV
      Sooo-- a deity is now providing gun men to shoot out power installations on demand??  I would like to hear what happens when that is used as a defense in court.  Actually it has been used before to no benefit of the accused person.   NOTE, I am a practicing Episcopalian Church member.
    • Ivy
      https://www.thedailybeast.com/power-outage-in-moore-county-north-carolina-caused-by-vandalism   “I told them that God works in mysterious ways and is responsible for the outage. I used the opportunity to tell them about the immoral drag show and the blasphemies screamed by its supporters. I told them God is chastising Moore County, thanked them for coming and wished them a good night. Thankful for the LEOs service, as always.”   Two hours earlier, Rainey had posted the message: “The power is out in Moore County and I know why.” And around the same time, she posted a picture of the Sunrise Theater, which was putting on the sold-out drag show, with the caption “God will not be mocked.”     Some other reports don't mention the Drag Show. https://www.fayobserver.com/story/news/crime/2022/12/04/moore-county-power-outage-investigated-as-vandalism/69699328007/   Twitter thread on it.  
    • Trans22
      That's pretty much how I am running with HRT changes too.  I am loving myself & life for the first time since the onset of puberty, so acceptance and positivity (present and future) is really easy for me.
    • Sally Stone
      Raquel, as Jackie says, it depends on what specifically you are looking for.  However, a first meet doesn't necessarily mean the encounter has to be one-on-one.  If your aim is to look for acceptance, that can be achieved easily by interacting with other people in a public setting.  My favorite activity is shopping, followed closely by dining out and both of these afford me the opportunity to meet others without the pressure or potential danger of a one-on-one encounter with someone you have never met before.     Just last weekend I was shopping in a department store when a woman walked up to me to compliment me on the boots I was wearing.  She was a complete stranger, but her compliment opened the door to a much more intimate and extended conversation.  Interactions like this one have always helped to validate my feminine expression.     If you go this way, my best recommendation is to be proactive by reaching out to others instead of waiting for someone to approach you.  Based on my experience the social butterfly tends to garner the most interaction.    
    • Davie
      Ho, Ho, Ho! Holiday lights are back. Amy Winehouse Full Concert - Live At Glastonbury Festival 2008   
    • Carolyn Marie
      Yes, they are!  Thanks, PJ!   Carolyn Marie
    • VickySGV
      There was a Medical paper presented at the 2011 WPATH conference where the WPATH Standards Of Care V. 7 was ratified. (I was there) The paper by Walter Bockter MD relied on prior studies and his team's research regarding the age at which children discover their principal and gender identities both Cis and Trans.  A Cis child knows their identity by then as well.  A child will recognize their own face at two years old, and absolutely recognize faces of close  family members just a little after that.  The ages are younger than most people give them credit for.   At 74 years old I often have a helluva time making up my mind on what I want for breakfast and family arguments from raising 3 (now almost 50 year old) children puts the breakfast thing into another category.  😁
    • Charlize
      I feel for any who find medical treatment denied.  In many cases as post orchiectomy some hormone therapy is critical for life as hormones of either type are critical for the body to function.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Ivy
    • KymmieL
      Yea, Christmas lights are up to break. I took the first step to step down at work. Tired of just being a body, nobody respects, tired of not seeing my family, and getting any work done around the house. Sent an Email to our district manager outlining why I want to. Don't expect to hear anything till tomorrow.   Anywho open today.   Hugs to all   Kymmie
    • Charlize
      As hormones and presentation changed i definitely saw a change in interactions.  Men became a bit guarded when we spoke. There was certainly a bit of sexual tension.  I unfortunately also discover male dismissal of my opinions.  While speaking about my own paintings at an exhibit i was more or less pushed to the side by two men who seemingly knew more than the painter. Joining the sisterhood took time but i am often more comfortable with women and feel a support which is much different than men ever offered.   having had similar issues i have been using a topical E for quite some time now.  The risks this way are low.  After surgery i no longer produced T and E is actually safer under medical supervision.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Willow
      Sunday morning, the sun is shining brightly as it should, my coffee is in hand and I’m talking to my friends.  It was comfortably warm yesterday, up and down for the remainder of the week.  December is starting out to be more typical for this area than November was.   I hope wherever you are you have a good day.   Hugs   Willow    
    • Ivy
      It is good to see the authorities actually pursuing these people. I don't know what they think is actually happening.  "Transitioning" for elementary school age kids pretty much consists of using a preferred name, and appropriate clothing. Even for adults, there are a lot of steps to go through before any surgeries.  And sometimes there are never surgeries.
    • KathyLauren
      Yay!  The lights are back!!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.