• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"I'll be miserable"

Guest Lonely and lost

Guest Lonely and lost

"I won't have a soul in the world"

"I'll be despised by people"

"I'll be considered a wierdo"

"It's sick"

All general quotes my mom has made while we've talked about this. She think it's nonsense that I "think" I'm trans, and she's even upset that a lady I've been talking to on Skype for Peer Support has "endorsed it".

I dunno if this thread has much of a point, I'm just feeling miserable right now. :( And the thing is I worry she's right.

Guest ashleynikole

So sorry to hear you're still struggling. I think we all struggle to some degree.

We are hear for you to simply dump if that's what you need or to offer advice if that's what you need.

I think your mom is speaking out of fear so be patient with her. Don't let her attitude affect you. You are special and you are your own person. You are finding yourself, so don't be afraid to be yourself.

I know I didn't say much, but please do reach out to us as you need it.

God bless

Guest Faith gibson

I'm certainly not one of the people here that have the answers. I will say that, for me, doubt seems a big part of this and keeps raising its head. I feel I know who I am though and generally can put the doubts aside. You no doubt know who you are as well. It's not going to be easy with Mom at first I'm sure. You know who you are and you will make her come to know you as well. Small steps. Don't push her too hard all at once. Let her come to some realizations. Have faith in yourself. You will not be a weirdo. Take care - Faith

Guest Carla_Davis

Hi Lost and Lonely,

I do not know what part of Canada you live in.

Most often, parents are unaccepting due to the lack of information about being transgender.

This guide may be helpful for your parents to help them better accept you.

Families in Transition-A Resource Guide for Parents of Trans Youth by the Central Toronto Youth Service.

http://www.ctys.org/sites/default/files/familiesintransition-a_resource_guide_for_parents-080608.pdf

Some other Publication that may be of help to both you and your family are

Welcoming Our Trans Family and Friends http://community.pflag.org/Document.Doc?id=202

Welcoming Our Trans Family and Friends is a resource for parents and friends of transgender and gender non-conforming adults and youth. This guide will help answer some of your questions and concerns. This publication provides information, resources and strategies on creating a safe space for transgender and gender non-conforming family and friends, as well as addressing your own feelings.

This is an excellent and very helpful guide.

This may also be helpful for your parents.

It helps explain some of the stages of grief parents go through while trying to understand their TS child.

Understanding your TS Child, A Parents Guide to Understanding and Accepting your TS Child.

http://www.thetransitionalmale.com/TSChild.html

Please keep posting, as you always have friends here who Accept and Love you as YOU. :wub:

I hope some of this information is helpful to you.

Hugs,

Carla

• Admin

I could start a VERY long list of people who are non-celebrities who are first class citizens. Google up "Lynn Conway" and you will find one of the foremost developers of modern computer operations language. Dr. Christine McGinn is a retired NASA flight surgeon, and a premier SRS health provider. Stephanie Bataglia is the New York Life insurance Company Vice President for communications and training. Jennifer Finney Boylan is a college professor and writer who is also on the board of GLAAD. Professor Ben Barre of Stanford University is one of the pioneers in the field of Women's Studies, (Ben is FTM.) A younger trans* woman I know runs a business for home health care providers where her cut of the pie is nearly $500K for three months, but she has a small backside because she works it off.

We are not looking at folks living on skid row, or doing sex work. A book on my shelf behind me is a collection of essays by other Trans* folk who are leading highly successful and productive lives. Other people are in there too, including a presidential appointee, and there are many therapists and even water company lead people who are trans. Even I surprised myself a few months ago by finding out that in the last 18 years I had over $1meg in gross income. <I do not loan MY kids money either>.

You have all of these people as your role models, and everyone happy that they have the life they do and what life means to them. So what the heck is mom crabbing about?? OHH she does not know!! Maybe some others here can give examples of good productive work they do, and give your mom the idea this is the person you want to be. :D:D:o:o

Guest Carla_Davis

Hi Lonely and Lost,

You may want to look into TrevorSpace.

https://www.trevorspace.org/

TrevorSpace is a social networking site for lesbian,gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth
ages 13 through 24 and their friends and allies.

• Connect with other young people throughout the world.
  • Make new friends.
  • Find support.
  • Learn how to get involved in your local LGBTQ community.
  • Keep abreast of news pertaining to LGBTQ youth.
  • Join now and start building your community of friends! It's free!
  • And we don't send spam or give your email address to anyone ever

I hope this is of some help to you. :wub:

Hugs,

Carla

Guest Isabel1991

Dear lonely and lost don't let anyone tell you what your doing or what you want to do is wrong mother father brother or sister does not matter you are you and you are so special,fantastic,and amazing this idea that transitioning is sick is just plain wrong and you mother saying you'll be a weirdo embrace it being weird in this day and age is a compliment to be weird is to be special unique and awesome what's the alternative being normal regular boring basic to heck with that don't let anyone tell you not to do something that will make you happy your goals and feelings are valid we have a saying in the Wiccan community and that is an it harm none do what thou wilt you will find people that support you just stay strong stay firce and stay proud

With lots of love and support

Isabel <3<3

Guest Lonely and lost

Thanks for all the kind responses everyone, it is so wonderful to have a place with such wonderful support and the links provided here have helped me alot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 183 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • Ashley0616
    • Vidanjali
    • Petra Jane
    • April Marie
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • MaeBe