• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My pelvis

Guest Sarah1967

Guest Sarah1967

I'm Sarah am I'm Intersex I found out back in 2011 with a CT Scan an on April 29th of this year I had another CT Scan for a surgery that I had at the Hospital where I had the CT Scan they gave me a copy of the CT Scan an my pelvis is different from a male pelvis I have a wide female pubic arch.I did google male pelvis xray an my pelvis is wider an different, The CT Scan also reviled several female parts I have always been different from other guys and now I know that I'm intersex.

• Forum Moderator

That must be quite reaffirming. It is lovely when we get a bit of verification that what we have felt is medically correct as well.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest ashleynikole

Awesome!

I think it's interesting to wonder how many people might actually fall between binary male and female, even if they're solid in their identity, simply because they have never had a need for a medical test that would prove otherwise. I mean people don't take DNA tests unless needed yet the rate of genetic anomalies could be much higher than we anticipate. I've never had any scan done on any part of my body except my knee. I've never had any x-ray except my legs, and until I started HRT, I'd never had a blood test for T levels (turns out i was on the low end of the normal range, possibly explaining why my brother and I are so different in height, weight, body structure and sheer masculinity).

Perhaps a full workup to understand everything that medical science can about my own body would bring forth a lot of interesting attributes. Seriously contemplated having my entire genome mapped (like the expensive $5000 mapping that identifies all kinds of pre-dispositions that doctors know about).

Congrats on your affirmation Sarah!

Guest Sarah1967

The CT Scan an 3 X-rays was 4800 dollars I had to have the CT an xrays done for surgery to remove a bullet that I had for years , The CT Scan Imaging program is really cool an can do all sorts of things like measurements I measured my Pelvic inlet an it is the same as a female across an top to bottom and at the bottom of my pelvis at the pubic arch has a greater angle than a male pelvis. My pelvis has gotten a little wider from the HRT. The Q angle is 16 degrees same as a female .

Guest ashleynikole

Ya know I keep getting pelvis pain that wasn't there before HRT. It feels like some standing on both sides of my pelvis while I lay down on the ground and they are slowly applying pressure trying to bend it more open and make them wider. I'm okay with that, but it's not very often and I didn't think I would get changes like that from my HRT.

Guest chargrl1

So Sarah, what are you planning to do now that you know that? are you going to stop being "one of the guys" since you know that you aren't like them, and have medical evidence to back that up?

• 2 months later...
Guest Allyda

Wow! I thought I was the only one with this! I had a Dexa Scan on my pelvis two years ago. After the scan the nurse came out and looked at my results. Then said with a peculiar look on her face: "hold on a second. I must have the wrong results" and went back to check. A while later she came back out, and made me repeat the scan. When she checked the results again she, still puzzled said she had to get her supervisor. Finally she came back with a male Doctor who as delicately as he could began explaining to me that I had a woman's pelvis. I've known about my intersex condition all my life. Heck, some of it's obvious, so once I knew what he was beating arounf the bush about I interrupted him and explained to him I was intersexed, and how I wasn't surprised at all. I've always had hips and a very feminine body shape. I also explained i was transgender and was currently living full time awaiting my hrt (I was wearing sweats because I was told to do so by the Xray staff at IMI where I had this done, also it was wintertime. They only assumed I was male because I hadn't changed my gender marker on my insurance card yet. Anyhoo, I left that day with an ear to ear grin. For I've known I was a girl since very early childhood, and that I should have been born a girl. This was another validation of that fact. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)

• JN Orange
    • Kris 2.0
    • LusciousTheLock
    • Jamie68
    • Brenda Davis
    • Michelle20
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Trash Panda Dani
    Newest Member
    Trash Panda Dani

1. -Kandy
      -Kandy
      (31 years old)
    2. Cecilia
      Cecilia
      (60 years old)
    3. Grahamgraham
      Grahamgraham
    4. Kiera
      Kiera
    5. Ulfra_Wolfe
      Ulfra_Wolfe
      (36 years old)
    • Jamie68
      Good morning everyone. On third day of HRT. Nipples are tender today, don't notice anything else different. Hydrating, and peeing is no different than normal.   I went to Cannon beach, Oregon once and saw hundreds of star fish and a couple crabs. I agree, they're cute.   Kymmie, I'm so sorry to hear you're hurting. I hope you're doing better. There is no greater pain than the ones we love hurting us. Hang in there, it'll get better.   Jamie
    • KayC
      I'll help you out here @Carolyn Marie ... He's a jackass! 😊
    • DeeDee
      Hi @LaurenA, not conflicting - time is a major factor in the permanence so a month or 2 won't make much difference but stopping after 6 years would. Fat distribution and body hair growth will revert somewhat but the other changes may never go back fully, so you could find yourself infertile with pronounced moobs if you stop after your body has redistributed things. Always research the effects and possible side effects before agreeing to take any medication and know why you want to go on it. Perhaps watch detransition videos to make sure you understand that transitioning does not solve other underlying mental health issues and watch transition/hrt timelines while understanding makeup and filters can do a lot of magic.   Personally I have already had a vasectomy and children so fertility is not a big deal, I have had zero sex life for the better part of 15 yrs and so the package shrinkage is not a big deal for me personally - it is only by realising how protective cis men are of theirs (discussing GRS with a friend that asked how it was done) that I realised how little I cared about mine lol, and given how I have mistreated my body with food due to not caring about it my moobs are already more pronounced.   I am trading slightly decreased prostate cancer risks for slightly increased breast cancer risks but the benefits are that I hate my body hair, I already feel like I am emotionally stunted and want to be more connected and expressive with myself which is one of the big unquantifiable things I have read about and hope to experience, the "rightness" of finally having the correct hormones. My dad gut will become a mum tum. I am also at a stage where HRT is not central to my need or intention to transition but will absolutely help me fit in better and improve my quality of life with how I intend to live anyway. Not everyone who transitions can go on HRT or wants or needs the surgery due to other conditions or personal reasons. So know why you do for either. Hope this helps, it was a bit longer than I intended  
    • KayC
      Happy to hear everything went well, Kasumi san!  sorry to hear its such a difficult time without visitors, but you'll be better and up and about soon, I'm sure.  Sending positive prayers your way❤️
    • LaurenA
      These appear to be opposite opinions.  Which is more true?  I assume both are true to an extent.  Elsewhere I've read that the changes are permanent.
    • gina-nicole-t
      @LusciousTheLock while I never have been into the BDSM or kinky as you describe it (possibly due to the abuse suffered growing up), I did enjoy the story as you told it. As I kept reading I thought to myself that you having to restrain your wife so you could tell her that you were trans for your safety and her safety was interesting. I can only picture her as someone that is fairly strong as a woman, and that is not someone that I have seen in a very long time. My adopted mom was very strong, not that she looked it. I am glad that you are still married after three years of your transition, but to me if your wife has issues to the point of not even wanting to get undressed in front of you; how supportive is she really? Not trying to start anything, just asking your opinion on that because you posted it.  Respectfully,  Gina
    • gina-nicole-t
      @SheenaT my ex-fiance did the same thing to me that your wife is doing to you now. This is why she is blocked from calling me now. I tried explaining everything to her over and over again. I even told her I would put off GCS for her, then she decided at the 11th hour she didn't want me to transition at all. I told her that was not her choice since we are not together, and now are not going to be together since you can't be any kind of supportive. Obviously you are a grown person that has her own mind, and can make her own choices, however if your wife can't support you maybe it's time to move on. You can try to educate her, but if she continues to make derogatory comments about transgender people there comes a time to make a choice to stay in a toxic relationship, or move on for your safety and mental wellbeing.  Respectfully,  Gina 
    • Jackie C.
      I'm a pessimist of sorts. What that prompts me to do though is to have a contingency plan so if things go sideways I can go to the backup plan. Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.   Diving into transition was different. Basically it was, "Any result would be better than now."   Same with my GCS honestly: "No matter what the result, my dysphoria monster will shut up."   Fallback plans just come up in everyday life. "Well, I can't do X, but there's still Y. If Y falls through, there's always Z." I find it better than my female birth-parent's strategy of, "If I can't do X, then give up and go home." She was a "joy" to deal with.   Hugs!
    • gina-nicole-t
    • Jackie C.
      I am (sarcastically) shocked... shocked I tell you... that someone would misquote the Bible to further a hateful agenda. 🙄   Jesus was all about love and acceptance. No hate. Love thy neighbor, all that stuff. It's like they never read their own book.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Yes.   However, as my endo kept saying, the changes are completely reversible. You can afford to dip your toe in for a bit before you commit.   Hugs!
    • Ann W
      That's really cool @Bri2020.  You seem to have really put yourself out there, and get rewarded for doing so.  Have fun with the other football girls!
    • Ann W
      That's a great story.  Cheers Robin! ❤
    • tracy_j
      I looked it up and found that this was likely the part they mis-quoted and proceeded to embellish:   "For you formed my inward parts;     you knitted me together in my mother's womb."   There is no mention of gender.   Here is the whole: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm 139&version=ESV   Tracy    
    • Robin.C
      Here's a tale to tell. No not the SS Minnow but Robins night out. Robins first night out to be correct.   Started okay. Until I tried my partners antifrizz spray. Instant flat hair. Cue instant panic with 6 hours until going out. Emergency call to my hairdresser who was also doing my makeup to beg her to fix my disaster. With 2-1/2 hours to go. The lady is a saint, she calmed me down and redid my hair, applied my makeup and still had time to get ready herself. I'd already planned my outfit a month before and I'm so glad I did as I had all of 10minutes to get dressed ... 😬 So with that mini disaster sorted out it was an 45min drive into town (Australia you get used to driving anywhere). With every tourist and slow driver I could feel my stress going up a notch at a time. It's quite interesting how you think time is going so fast and you are going to be so late. AND I still had to find somewhere to park !. We made it to the pub/hotel/concert venue exactly at the time I had planned for 🙄 how does that happen, even walking from the multi-level car park to the venue. So we got to have a leisurely dinner.   Now the fun stuff. I haven't walked that far in high heels (in this case ankle boots) ever. It was easy, huh, why ? Cycling really does give you good legs for tippy toeing along. Okay exaggeration they arent that high. (My toes hurt a bit today though) My partner and I had to go past two other pubs/clubs before we got to our venue and nothing, no abuse, no comments, they couldnt have cared less. Mmmmm. So there I am standing in a hotel/pub dressed as Robin, makeup and hair great and just happy. No fear, no stress, just normal night out. Maybe because I was me for the first time in .... first time ever I guess. No-one recognised me, I was a new woman who had come along to the gig. Women asked about my nails (they loved the colour), one woman said I had great legs for tight jeans she just wished she did; a compliment !? They smiled I smiled, went to the ladies, checked my lippy and makeup and that was that. Nothing horrible happened. Did spot out the corner of my eye a couple of the blokes checking my bottom and legs, how do I know 😜 it was the same way I looked .. lol  it was kinda cool, I didn't wear these jeans for people to not see my legs ... hee hee. But again nothing horrible happened during dinner or the concert, or afterward walking back to the car park. i did get one interesting look from the lass serving drinks; not sure what the look meant, though I do know she is lesbian.   I had been getting wound up about the night and getting ready, and continually telling myself no-one will care, be natural and no-one will take any notice of you. And that really is what happened, my friends who met Robin for the first time were wonderful and it was a fantastic night with great music and company. I can't wait to go out again 😊   A big thank you to everyone on TP who gave me advice and shared their stories, it was like having a big family looking after me. ❤️   Hugs Robin  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.