• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My pelvis

Guest Sarah1967

Guest Sarah1967

I'm Sarah am I'm Intersex I found out back in 2011 with a CT Scan an on April 29th of this year I had another CT Scan for a surgery that I had at the Hospital where I had the CT Scan they gave me a copy of the CT Scan an my pelvis is different from a male pelvis I have a wide female pubic arch.I did google male pelvis xray an my pelvis is wider an different, The CT Scan also reviled several female parts I have always been different from other guys and now I know that I'm intersex.

• Forum Moderator

That must be quite reaffirming. It is lovely when we get a bit of verification that what we have felt is medically correct as well.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest ashleynikole

Awesome!

I think it's interesting to wonder how many people might actually fall between binary male and female, even if they're solid in their identity, simply because they have never had a need for a medical test that would prove otherwise. I mean people don't take DNA tests unless needed yet the rate of genetic anomalies could be much higher than we anticipate. I've never had any scan done on any part of my body except my knee. I've never had any x-ray except my legs, and until I started HRT, I'd never had a blood test for T levels (turns out i was on the low end of the normal range, possibly explaining why my brother and I are so different in height, weight, body structure and sheer masculinity).

Perhaps a full workup to understand everything that medical science can about my own body would bring forth a lot of interesting attributes. Seriously contemplated having my entire genome mapped (like the expensive $5000 mapping that identifies all kinds of pre-dispositions that doctors know about).

Congrats on your affirmation Sarah!

Guest Sarah1967

The CT Scan an 3 X-rays was 4800 dollars I had to have the CT an xrays done for surgery to remove a bullet that I had for years , The CT Scan Imaging program is really cool an can do all sorts of things like measurements I measured my Pelvic inlet an it is the same as a female across an top to bottom and at the bottom of my pelvis at the pubic arch has a greater angle than a male pelvis. My pelvis has gotten a little wider from the HRT. The Q angle is 16 degrees same as a female .

Guest ashleynikole

Ya know I keep getting pelvis pain that wasn't there before HRT. It feels like some standing on both sides of my pelvis while I lay down on the ground and they are slowly applying pressure trying to bend it more open and make them wider. I'm okay with that, but it's not very often and I didn't think I would get changes like that from my HRT.

Guest chargrl1

So Sarah, what are you planning to do now that you know that? are you going to stop being "one of the guys" since you know that you aren't like them, and have medical evidence to back that up?

• 2 months later...
Guest Allyda

Wow! I thought I was the only one with this! I had a Dexa Scan on my pelvis two years ago. After the scan the nurse came out and looked at my results. Then said with a peculiar look on her face: "hold on a second. I must have the wrong results" and went back to check. A while later she came back out, and made me repeat the scan. When she checked the results again she, still puzzled said she had to get her supervisor. Finally she came back with a male Doctor who as delicately as he could began explaining to me that I had a woman's pelvis. I've known about my intersex condition all my life. Heck, some of it's obvious, so once I knew what he was beating arounf the bush about I interrupted him and explained to him I was intersexed, and how I wasn't surprised at all. I've always had hips and a very feminine body shape. I also explained i was transgender and was currently living full time awaiting my hrt (I was wearing sweats because I was told to do so by the Xray staff at IMI where I had this done, also it was wintertime. They only assumed I was male because I hadn't changed my gender marker on my insurance card yet. Anyhoo, I left that day with an ear to ear grin. For I've known I was a girl since very early childhood, and that I should have been born a girl. This was another validation of that fact. :)