• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Over eater being put on insulin Help I binge eatI binge eat

Guest edvaal

Guest edvaal

I binge eat at times. I have had diabetes for about 40 years and now am going on to insulin. Does any one know how I can cope? Please.

I am very scared. I have serious nerve damage and eye damage so this is not a good starting point.

I am FTM and changed 12 years ago. Am developing dementia so do not take T as often as I should as I forget.

This will be a challenge.

Please help.

I am in my 60s which is young for dementia.

• Forum Moderator

http://www.oagb.org.uk

You might want to try OA. As an addict i have found help in the rooms of AA. OA is an offshoot of the same program. It may well help and there are meetings all across England.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

I am going to second Charlize's suggestion to seek out Overeaters Anonymous (OA) as a support source. They also use a sponsor / sponsee program which means you will be, or at least can be in daily contact with someone who can help you with reminders to take medications. There are also community Diabetes support groups in some places that help with medication and diet issues as well. Depending on the specific type of "dementia" as you call it, it may respond to the insulin positively and help you that way, I know of cases where that was true since memory issues can come from reduced blood flow caused by the hyperglycemia. I am in my late 60's and I have to "jog" my memory from time to time about taking my medications, and so I have my medications put out in daily dose units in a special "pill minder" container. There are also pharmacy services that your medical provider can recommend that will package your medications in daily dosage units the way they do for long term care facilities.