• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

BBC "Intruders". Very good mystery drama on reincarnation.

Guest TracieV3

Guest TracieV3

Unlike the title itself, Intruders is not about possession. It is about reincarnation. Though, it does not outright use the word, reincarnation, so far.

And this series take a serious look at what it would likely be like to use reincarnation as a from of immortality. From the horrific mental trauma of remembering thousands of years of life experiences all at once. To the multiple personality issues of remembering multiple would cause. To where the current incarnation's personality mentally battles the previous incarnation's personality.

Though, it takes a few episode for the plot to start to make sense. And it is well acted, with a lot good mystery and drama. With the characters, script, and plot, being well thought out.

And John Simm (starred in the original Life on Mars series, which is also very good), american accent is very well done.

But, if you watch this series, you need to go back and start watching it at episode one. Because if you don't, nothing will make sense.

The series has to main plots. One stars John Simm as a detective trying to figure out why his wife is acting so strange.

And the other plot is about an old man who was able to get reincarnated and remember in his next life, as a nine year old girl, without permission from a secret society that kills to keep the truth about reincarnation from the from the public. With the nine year old girl mentally fighting her previous incarnation.

I have to give credit to the actress, Millie Brown, whom plays the nine year old girl. Even at her age, she has really good acting talent, and that talent shows.

Anyway, if you have an interest in reincarnation, this is a series to check out. Though, be warned, it is a bit dark, but good.

Guest TracieV3

BBC American is doing a marathon of the first four episodes Intruders, at 4:00 PM EST, tomorrow, Saturday, on the BBC American channel. With the new, fifth episode premiering later that night, at its usual time of 10:00 PM EST on BBC American.

You all might enjoy this series, and if you want to give it a watch, I suggest you start with the marathon. This is one of those series you have to watch every episode to understand the plot.

And I forget to mention something in my later post. Millie Brown can got from cute girl, to creepy girl, to tragic girl on a dime. She is a good actress. And not just for her age. I see much promise for her in the future.