• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Signs. Signs, everywhere a sign.

Guest cerise

Guest cerise

Going to see my best friend however this time with a training stud in each ear.

Biggeth Dealeth? yes and sorta.

He knows I am adrog. ( my spin for him)

prob use up a minute of conversation and then we will talk music, relationships, cars guitars and gossip.

• Forum Moderator

Gotta love those studs. like a pair of training wheels they help with the confidence to get on and really ride!

Best of luck and enjoy. Give them a turn for me.

Hugs,

Charlize

Yep, I love earrings. I have gold plated loops in right now. Studs are more acceptable for male presentation than loops or dangling earrings, so I started with them back in "99. It was accepted during my male presentation days especially since I already had the barbaric combination of mustache, long hair, and beard. You'll have no problems Cerise, you are a stage performer, the earrings go well with that. Besides, I already know that you look good in earrings.

I do understand how self conscious one can be with things like that. Since we are trans, anything that could remotely be taken for feminine is so important for us, yet we fear it is too revealing of our true selves, and we fear that everyone will notice, and so we will be outed. I remember that from wearing earrings, wearing a utilikilt, even growing my hair long. All those baby steps made me feel better, but going out in public with them made me very nervious. I remember driving in rural PA while wearing my utilikilt, I had my then girlfriend fill the car with gas since I felt scared to get out of the car in my kilt in a potentially redneck area.

Relax, earrings have become mostly unisex (studs at the very least), and artists, musicians, etc. get a free pass pretty much anyway with the public. :)

However, I also know that it is a big deal for you. I know that feeling well.

hugs,

Stephanie

Guest cerise

Like I thought it ( the studs ) were talked about for less than a minute and then moved on to Ozzy Ozborne, metal, Rush, (his favs) and going the extra mile etc.

Jeffs been my best friend since grade 6.

I told him I was androgenous as a way of candy coating being TG about ten years ago ( golly time goes to fast!)

We'll see what happens after the hair removal starts showing it's results. He ha never notice I have been shaving my arms for over ten years so I think the hair removal will go unoticed until its well under way.

Nobodies noticed I have been shaping my eyebrows for the last few months either.

All I get is "you looking well these days".

Part of the girl thing "Women take care of themselves."

I have one more good friend (XX ie a girl) who knows I am TG that hasn't seen them yet and we are supposed to connect for coffee.

I think the same thing will happen which is not much. She will have an opinion though which is , well , ....her.

She usually has to make some kind of suggestion, which i like, but style is very personal. so if thats the worst that can happen I think I am okay.

Guest Jamie61

Hey Cerise, I want to piece my ears, but I'm afraid to since I'm not out to everyone yet and not out at work. Clip ons are ok, but I want to try some big dangly ear rings! Was it exciting to get them pierced?

Guest cerise

I was charged when I did it and nervous. It was a sunday and they are open late which suprised me.

I liked the whole experiance and only needed one done as the night before I found out that my old one was still open.

I bought a matching stud at the time for my old piercing and actually only wore that at home for the first four days and finally decided on the friday to put both in.

The tech who did it was really nice, very friendly and not at all pushey.

Barely slept that night worrying about what people at the office might say and there was nothing said.

I brought it up eventually and its been discussed maybe twice. All with a positive vibe to it.

this is week 5 and I talked to the tech on weds and he said 3 more weeks after this one.

I am already looking for a pair of dangles and some silver hoops.

Guest cerise

Once done it is to stay in for two months for healing which makes it in effect a leap of faith.

One other thing Jamie was while I left the store and made my way home it was a beautiful feeling of release and relief.

One thing to cross of my journey list.

Cerise