• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Laser hair removal in Pennsylvania

Guest Ripley

Guest Ripley

I'm searching for a reputable place in pittsburgh to have laser done on my face. I have very fair skin and darkish facial hair, so I think it's a better bet to start with laser than to jump straight to electrolysis. I know there are some lists around of trans-friendly places, but reviews are few and far between. Does anyone have experience with places around here?

Guest AllisonRae

Hi Ripley, Ironically I asked my gender thearpist the same question yesterday. I am near Washington, PA and am trying to find something a bit closer to home. If you find out something please feel free to share it here.

Hugs,

Allison

• 11 months later...
Guest Ripley

I wanted to update this topic, as I finally found a place! Happel Laser and Vein center. They were a little tricky to find since they don't advertise much, but they're a huge step above the standard "spa" type places I've been weeding out. They use an alexandrite laser with cryogenic skin cooling, they're very friendly and polite, and seem quite familiar with treating trans women. They charge on a per treatment basis, and no one even blinked when I had to sign my legal name (I'll be rid of it soon!) on the admittance forms. I was addressed properly by my preferred name and pronouns the entire time. It was quite a pleasant surprise.

Oh, and they offer a free demonstration of the hardware so you can see for yourself how it works! I've only been for my consultation and demo, but I'll be going back for a full treatment as soon as I can.

http://www.happellaser.com/

http://www.happellaser.com/patient-information/directions/

Guest AllisonRae

Hi Ripley, Since this post I have been going to Enchantments at Donaldsons Crossroads. They do not advertise much either and have some nice package deals. They are also very trans friendly and have an impressive laser with cooling. Thanks for the update after all this time!

Hugs

Allie

Guest Ripley

I thought you meant Mt. Lebanon for a second, but yeah. You're on the other side of the state. :(

But, please update us if you find a place near you!

I thought you meant Mt. Lebanon for a second, but yeah. You're on the other side of the state. :(

But, please update us if you find a place near you!

Will do