• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Electrolysis questions

Guest Ladyinker

• Forum Moderator

That's a great price considering your location.  Mine charges $62 now but she's a bit out of the way logistically.  I know of a few in a nearby city that charge much more.  At that price, I'd make an appointment.  I remember that I had a 15 minute introductory appointment the first time where she went over the mechanics of it, discussed growth cycles and zapped a number of hairs.  I recall thinking this was going to be hell, but that it couldn't be worse than the hell I was in.  

I have to chuckle because my wife started going to take care of a couple stray hairs she gets.  I finally talked her out of plucking them.  She said it was horrible and my electrologist told me she wouldn't lay still.  I lay still like I'm dead because I want as many hairs done as possible in my hour!  

Jani

Guest cerise

I actually look forward to the sessions as its a rare moment of non action on my part . My tech is a blast and she's part Greek and I am part Italian so we talk about Latin temperament , kids , etc and get along quite well.

its a college so I get a better deal and she usually goes over a bit . 

Once a week. 

She told me of a trans person who was keen and booked a 4 hr session.

Mine went over really long one time as I guess she was feeling generous and it was my legs that started complaining before my face

i will book a 2 hour session sometime but that's the max for me for the above reason.

It's 73 an hr with taxes. Canadian

we have not gotten to the upper lip but she assures me I will not be so happy then.

laser is a different story.

Holy Hanna! 

On 4/8/2017 at 8:05 AM, cerise said:

I actually look forward to the sessions as its a rare moment of non action on my part . My tech is a blast and she's part Greek and I am part Italian so we talk about Latin temperament , kids , etc and get along quite well.

its a college so I get a better deal and she usually goes over a bit . 

Once a week. 

She told me of a trans person who was keen and booked a 4 hr session.

Mine went over really long one time as I guess she was feeling generous and it was my legs that started complaining before my face

i will book a 2 hour session sometime but that's the max for me for the above reason.

It's 73 an hr with taxes. Canadian

we have not gotten to the upper lip but she assures me I will not be so happy then.

laser is a different story.

Holy Hanna! 

I've talked with girls that booked two people for 8-hours, multiple times. Got pain meds, and let them go to town. 

I was shocked and amazed. LOL

Guest cerise

My reaction to that would be the same but I get where your friends are coming from.

My tech has been working under my chin for weeks now and it's just starting feel clean and its only about a third done in that area, if that.

i would gladly book a two hour session if I could afford it.

• Forum Moderator

I used to book two hour appointments six months ago or so but it only lasted for a couple months since it got to be too much as it took so much longer to heal.  I've talked to my electrologist about long appointments (think E3000) and she says it causes too much stress on the skin.  I don't get the huge swelling any more, just redness after 18 months and 60+ hours.  Now that I'm deep into HRT my pain level seems to be much lower.  I tolerate an hour or so but nothing longer.  Any less and I think the "cost" of having to refrain from shaving is wasted.   The issue about longer appointments costing more is real, particularly if you maintain your current schedule.  It certainly adds up.  I've spent a lot more on this than therapy and specific medical care!  

Jani

I do an hour every two weeks. Partly for financial reasons and partly due to the fact I don't want to have to worry about it every week. Luckily most of it got zapped by laser first, so it is just the white hairs left (no beard shadow).

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

So there is a light at the end of the tunnel: I go every 6 weeks for less than an hour now. When I first started it was a 2-hour session. Now it takes longer to drive up there than my time spent under the needle. I either have some really resilient remaining hairs or I'm one hairy beast. (no comments from the peanut gallery)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)

• Mx.Drago
    • Delcina B
    • miz miranda
    • Petra Jane
    • Aggie1
    • Cortomaltese
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sef
    Newest Member
    Sef

1. Andi Shay
      Andi Shay
      (52 years old)
    2. Fabiola
      Fabiola
      (45 years old)
    3. ghost
      ghost
      (59 years old)
    4. Julia Marie
      Julia Marie
      (31 years old)
    5. juliasvw
      juliasvw
      (51 years old)
    • Delcina B
      Funny!
    • Lydia_R
      Moderation is an interesting subject.  In the 90's, I had very little control over my addictions.  I got to the point in 1998 that I was just totally fed up with getting drunk.  Ever since then I've been drinking occasionally.  I often go years without drinking at all.  Perhaps I just know my limits now.  For me now, it just comes down to not wanting to get dizzy and throw up and have a bad night's sleep.  I can get a little buzz drinking a drink or two, but I'm so cautious with it that it is hardly worth the effort.   And the same goes with smoking.  I simply don't want to hurt my lungs!  So I don't inhale much when I smoke.  And I've only smoked a couple puffs in the last 7 years.  I have no idea why, but it seems that all drugs are damaging.  I like being in an altered state, but it always comes with a price that I'm not willing to pay anymore.   So I get my pleasure out of being productive now.  I'm not overly financially successful, but I'm a decent engineer and artist.  And I spend a lot of time cooking, exercising and just trying to be healthy.  Not really perfect, but on the healthy side.   But you know, there is this goody two shoes side of abstinence.  I'm certainly grateful that I got to experience altered states in my life!  It's good to get a different perspective on things.   I think AA is more agnostic than religious.  For me a higher power is simply that there are things outside of me.  Things out of my control.  I wasn't the one who made drugs damaging!  I can't change it.   Using substances less is definitely less damaging.  There is a spectrum to recovery.  Good luck with your jouney Wanda Full!  Live long and prosper!
    • miz miranda
      Even the song Take Five is extremely well known, I had never listened to this album before today    
    • Davie
      Thank you, @MayaXD The poem is from the viewpoint of an imaginary boy/trans girl who in a novel is the me I never had the chance to be. I'm rewriting my own past.   — Davie
    • debbie jones
      ok thanks 
    • Petra Jane
      Please check out our How To… forum, but basically until you have five posts, editing your profile is not available.   
    • debbie jones
      thanks for the message but i dont have a pic on my profile yet and cant see anything on the top left to clck on to upload a pic  thanks  debs
    • MayaXD
      Hi! I'm a questioning afab (It's ok, you can refer to me as a woman or just a person) and I have a large chest, E/F cup. I am searching for a rather cheap and comfortable binder, are the gc2b classical ones good? Do any of you have other recommendations? Thank you in advance.
    • MetaLicious
      I've had many favorites over the years.  My first was Ultima IV, which managed to pack a surprisingly vibrant (and large) world onto my 128k Apple IIc.  Star Control II was the next game to really capture my attention.  Both games managed to convey a story of surpising depth for a video game.   I had a brief affair with Total Annihilation. 4x games aren't usually my thing, but TA had a mod community that kept the game fresh for a few years.  As long as I played against the computer, my weak strategy wasn't a handicap.   Minecraft is my number one game, and is likely to stay that way, given how long it has held the top slot.  I loved Lego when I was a wee child, and Minecraft scratches that itch in a big way.  My daughter is always telling me that the things I build in survival mode are better than what she sees others making in creative mode.
    • Mx.Drago
      4th booster, so far pain everywhere.😞😷🛌
    • Susan R
      Nice to meet you @debbie jones. Take your time and look around. There’s a lot to take in but lots of great information. You can revise your profile pic in your profile. Click on your profile pic (upper left-hand side) and this will enable you to change it.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • debbie jones
      hi im debbie mtf from shropshire not realy shure how this site works yet but hoping i can find my way around it eventuly . does anyone know if i can revise my profile or load up a profile pic ? thanks
    • Susan R
      Welcome @Jessicaj! It’s a pleasure to meet you. You’ve already met the criteria for being a member by posting a nicely written intro. Feel free to add on to this intro when or if you feel the desire. There’s absolutely no pressure or judgement here. Like many others here, I would enjoy learning more about you and your struggles and victories during your life’s journey if you ever care to share. Thank you for telling us a little about yourself here today.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      When I was a teenager, I was fortunate to have my sister backing me up.  There's less than a year of age difference between us, and we went to school together and played on teams together.  We also look very much alike and had the same style.  It helps to not be alone.   I wear boxers most of the time.  Actually, around the house, that's about all I wear.  I really dislike clothing of any kind in warm weather, so about the only thing my partners can get me to wear is shorts and a t-shirt.  One layer, nothing underneath.  I can be pretty stubborn about things like that.   A lot of the time, I wear basketball shorts.  Silky texture, good at sweat wicking.  If I have to wear a shirt, I often use ones that have the arms cut out.  Anything to stay cool in summer.  Bonus is that it is androgynous looking or even masculine. 
    • Willow
      Good morning  I guess I’m in a rush, software update.     I’m having Mountain Grown coffee this morning. Black please.  I’ll check.back when they are done with the up date   bye for now   Willow
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.