• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ahh the breeze

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

It's hot here in NJ today and humid to go with it. I have to smile as i'm remembering a conversation i had at a meeting last night. i was talking to a very butch cis man who knows i'm a trans woman but is also a friend. I mentioned how much i love driving the tractor in a skirt because of the breeze. He broke out laughing and said his grandma did the same.(Mmmm grandma me?) I just said he should ask the Scott wearing his kilt how nice that breeze can be.

I remember the first time i experienced that delightful breeze. I was getting a tire fixed and the counter where one paid had a vent in front of it. I was hot and that air conditioning almost made me faint with joy. It was all i could do to not express my elation to the rather tough guy who was helping me. Girls have to hide their feelings at times!

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

You put into words Charlize that lovely feeling of freedom on the legs. Free to feel the breeze !! Free to move about !! You see us girls can appreciate these little things in life that do mean so much !

Hugs

C -

Guest BobbiLee

Oh, I look around at envy when I see other ladies in a skirt or dress hoping someday soon I can enjoy that feeling!! So happy for you sharing this!!

Bobbi

• Admin

Great idea for a topic, Charlize. I don't wear skirts much these days, but yes, I know the feeling and the pleasure it brings. Maybe some day I'll have a chance to experience that Marilyn Monroe "skirt over the sidewalk grate" from her movie. :) Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Clair Dufour

I know what you mean but, its hard to find those thin, loose all cotton summer dresses that mom and grandma wore. Brings back visions of them wearing straw hats and muck boots, tending the garden and feeding the animals and such. As a note. Kilts are way too heavy and hot. Also, if your tractor doesn't have a roof, you should put an umbrella on it in the summer..

Yes, I have felt the breeze on the hot humid summer days here in DC. It's Great for going to work in a light cotton skirt or dress. Do have to worry about my thighs rubbing together and getting a rash though (a cis girlfriend warned me about this-- a few days later after walking around the pride fesitval it happened :blink: ). But as long as I am not walking too much, I should be ok.

It is nice I dont go out yet but i do sometimes put a skirt or dress on late at night and step outside for a few min usually on moonless nights well after when my neighbors go to bed.

Charlize, minor correction. A Scot. Just one 'T'. Scott is a name... :-) and while a Scot is most certainly Scottish, Scott in Scotland though he may drink Scotch whiskey, is neither Scotch nor a Scot for he hails from Notre Dame...

:-D

• Forum Moderator

thanks

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest CLAIRE100

Spent an 88 degree day here in the northeast with only panties, bra, and a very loose sundress , this 65 year old is spending more and more days in skirts and I just love it.

I know what you mean but, its hard to find those thin, loose all cotton summer dresses that mom and grandma wore. Brings back visions of them wearing straw hats and muck boots, tending the garden and feeding the animals and such. As a note. Kilts are way too heavy and hot. Also, if your tractor doesn't have a roof, you should put an umbrella on it in the summer..

Try Carol Wright Gifts mail order, they have a ton of cool styles, all sizes and great prices. If I could "GoFundMe" for about $200 I would buy them all! Giggle
  • Forum Moderator

That comando style is what the Scotch Scott sipping scotch from Notre Dame knows all about. Ahh the breeze!!!!!

I'll check out Carol Wrights' for sure.

Hugs,

Charlize

I'm so going commando (at least a few times) once I have had GCS!!!

:)

• Forum Moderator

Here is my recent answer which I wore on holiday - A summer dress (which I just had to buy - I love it!), thick enough so that I could wear stockings underneath without any show. The sheer stockings just hide possible noticeable hair and the whiteness of my legs. They are much cooler than tights.

Holiday 2016

Tracy

"Summer breeze makes me feel fine..." Your subject line makes me think of that song. I live in a dress. Sometimes a dress and leggings/footless tights depending on how cool it is. It's pretty rare when I'm in jeans except when they go with an outfit/the occasion. For me there are few things more comfortable and versatile besides skirt/top combos.

P.S. Marcie, try these or something similar to combat that summer thigh chafe. I have found these surprisingly comfortable. http://www.nononsense.com/no-seamless/no-seamless-slip-short.htm If you don't want another piece of clothing on, try this: https://www.bodyglide.com/shop/skin/

I've used this before when running and climbing. Works pretty good.

• Forum Moderator

Marcie i have also found that just a touch of baby powder between the legs gives a wonderful glide of skin to skin.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Here in NJ it's getting even hotter. I've been putting up some new gates that will automatically close so that we will be able to let the service dog my wife is getting run throughout the yard around the house and barns without going up the road. I've been wearing a skirt just because when i'm on the tractor digging with the backhoe the breeze can cool this hot old gal down a bit. As a reward when i get inside i stand over a floor vent letting the air conditioning cool below while a fan hits the top half. Today i'll be running a conduit under the drive and doing some carpentry. Am i getting to old for this stuff? Fortunately my heart seems to work better hot than cold. Oh yes and the breeze was great again on the way to get the conduit yesterday. Air up the skirt while driving is a true pleasure.

Hugs,

Charlize

Marcie i have also found that just a touch of baby powder between the legs gives a wonderful glide of skin to skin.

Hugs,

Charlize

Too much though and it would look like a walking mini snow fall... Giggle, sorry I couldn't resist! Pretzel logic humor.

Here is my recent answer which I wore on holiday - A summer dress (which I just had to buy - I love it!), thick enough so that I could wear stockings underneath without any show. The sheer stockings just hide possible noticeable hair and the whiteness of my legs. They are much cooler than tights.

Tracy

That's a really nice picture of you Kiddo!

It's really heating up here. You'll find me in a long t-shirt, leggins, and flip-flopps. Even a dry 100F can be pretty difficult to endure. However, with humidity like FL or TX etc., I think I'd die. Seriously....