• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shoes from Long Tall Sally

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Hello, fellow big foots...big feets? big feeted amazons? Something like that.

Anyway, I don't know about you but I'm tired of trying to find shoes in big feet sizes and having to wade through gazillions of stores that primarily feature really high heels made by Pleasers, who we all know run small. It's hard to find practical every day shoes in big feeted sizes! Luckily, Long Tall Sally has some okay, every day, options for the gal who doesn't want to wear 6" platforms to that job interview (unless it's *that* kind of job interview).

Based on your personal taste, the selection could be great or mediocre. For me, I tend to check out the site every so often just in case something new has arrived or if they have something in stock that, while not exactly what I'm looking for, would also work I guess. I really don't look at amazon or zappos because I've been let down at the prospect of having 10 pages of shoes to look at, only to realize 9 of those pages are: converse, Doc Martens, Crocs, shoe inserts (minus the shoe), etc. 

Now a note about size: it really varies.
I bought 2 pairs recently. Both in women's size 15. Both pairs made by Blowfish. The flats fit perfect. Love 'em! The ankle boots were about a half size to a full size too small, which was disappointing as that was their largest size. A year or two ago I bought a pair of wedge heels from LTS, made by RocketDog, and they are a 14 and they fit just fine.

So it's really important to read customer reviews (if there are any) before plunking down your hard earned cash.

I don't know about you but shoe buying for me has always been a compromise of: what do I like versus what's in my size.
So many cute shoes...so many not in my size. :(

Yes, that is why I go to DSW, I like that I can return it to a store. Also I like being able to order that cute shoe in size 11--which is the largest regularly made shoe size--though sometime they only go to 10 :hairpull:. Once to 12, I find selection begins to dwindle significantly. 

• Forum Moderator

I prefer to go to stores as it often happens that shoes are variable in size. Some that I have fit like gloves but others don't, although it is easier as a woman as being barefoot or wearing thin anke highs etc means the size can be a little smaller than a male would buy.

I like to look online and buy from a store if possible. The footwear I have done this with have been the same price, whether online or in store.

Tracy

I always go into the store to try on shoes before buying, they really do vary a lot.  I am very lucky that most size 11 sandals fit me.  There are so many pretty shoes that don't come bigger than size 10, but size 11 selection is okay.  Sizes 12 and up are much harder to come by, so I truly empathize with those of you who are statuesque girls.

Stephanie

Like a lot of us, I initially tried buying shoes online, but found that there was just too much variance in size. I guess I'm a bit lucky because I'm only a size 11, sometimes 11W so I can find an OK, but not great selection at a lot of standard places.

• Forum Moderator

I will look at that site.  Finding women's 13s is difficult at times especially ones that aren't kinky or over the top.  Those are fine for a life in front of a mirror but not for every day life.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Lizzie McTrucker
On 1/15/2017 at 9:00 AM, Charlize said:

I will look at that site.  Finding women's 13s is difficult at times especially ones that aren't kinky or over the top.  Those are fine for a life in front of a mirror but not for every day life.

You could also try Zappos and Amazon, as well. I would imagine 13s are easier to find then my ski-sized feet....

I've bought shoes at DSW, Torrid and Lane Bryant. I wear a women's 12 which is difficult enough to find, but a 15??? Wow, girl! That must be nearly impossible. I worked shoes when I was a teen, most stores didn't carry anything over a 12 in women's. But true, I have a tougher time with shoes than clothes, and even clothes can be frustrating.

Flip Flops and sandals & such run a little larger so they've been ok.

Guest Clair Dufour

I wear size 13 and had good luck on Amazon even though that size is not common except on CD sites that are too girly for me. I'm a boot girl and love block heels from 2 to 3.5 inches and at 5-7 can do the extra height without a problem. I've seen some size 15  on there (some Chinese men are height challenged too?) and I see or feel little difference between men's Beatle Boots, short cowboy (trucker) boots and the women's versions I have. The difference comes down to wearing boot cut jeans or tights with leg warmers! 

Guest Laura Beth

I looked for a women's size 13 pair of boots this past December. I checked the local Payless shoes stores and they didn't have any the first time but just before Christmas I found a pair. I was afraid I was going to have to drive two hours away to the closest  Long Tall Sally store. I will likely still go at some point to check the store out for other foot wear and clothes.

I've found more variation than I thought there would be in sizes. I'm supposed to be size 13, but I've discovered that with some manufacturers 12W would fit just fine, and with others 13 was too big. I'm still trying to get the hang of it but plan to start keeping track of manufacturers and which of their sizes fit better. :)

I've found the same thing in Wide or larger shoes found at places like big-girl shops. Wide or large, reduce by one size. 

Yes, clothing and shoes have tons of variation and has been pissing off my wife for decades. LOL

• 4 months later...

My girl is a size 13 men's so would that be a size 15 women's?  What is the list of shoe store on line that I could look? She is 6'3" so not really needing heels, unless I want to feel like a extreme short person next to her. I'm 5'3"". 

Thanks 

Arri

• Forum Moderator

Oh I feel bad as I'm only a 9.5 or 10 depending upon the brand.  

BTW I've read Payless is closing over 400 stores so there may be some deals if the local store is on the list.

Jani

Thanks! Shoes & wigs are our biggest trouble spots. Bald & tall & large feet, it's hard for her to feel dainty & cute. 

Arri

Size 12 or 13 I wish. I wear a size 16 women's so pleaser is about it. I found shoes by exotic high heels ehh. I have found quite a few in the 3" heel size even ankle boots and wedge sandals. The selection of smaller sizes is really large, and returns are easy and free. I love my heels. Worth a look in my opinion. Have fun shopping, don't drool on the keyboard. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 177 Guests (See full list)

• Mmindy
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • MaeBe
    • violet r
    • Betty K
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • KathyLauren
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

JamesyGreen
    Newest Member
    JamesyGreen

1. Alscully
      Alscully
      (35 years old)
    2. floruisse
      floruisse
      (40 years old)
    3. Jasmine25
      Jasmine25
      (22 years old)
    4. Trev0rK
      Trev0rK
      (26 years old)
    • Mmindy
      Good catch… I took care of it.
    • Sally Stone
      I'm tired of the two-party system.  It has degraded to a system where there are only two diametrically opposed views, neither of which supports me.  I have conservative views regarding big government and government spending but I have very liberal views when it comes to protecting the rights of individuals.  And just elections of the past, I am stuck with two choices, neither of which I support. With only two parties, each with agendas that are off the left and right scales, I am not adequately represented.    Finally, I'm okay with party affiliated politicians running for office using their party views, but once elected to office, they are obligated to support the entire electorate not just the electorate members that voted for them.  Plain and simple, our government system is broken and dysfunctional.  I'll step down from my soapbox now.     
    • Sally Stone
      Thanks Mae.  She was an amazing friend and I grew to love her like a sister.
    • Sally Stone
      I did Ashley.  Non-rev travel was one of the major factors for taking the job.  At the time, US Airways had the best non-rev policy in the industry.  It cost $10 to fly coach and $25 to fly first class.  We flew first class whenever there were seats available.  
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You should have a moderator fix what you meant to write as "birth certificate".  Ooops.   I've gone over that verse and am wholly and completely dissatisfied with the SBC exegesis of it, so much so that it was one of the things that helped me break out of a mindset of guit.  Sometime I may strut by stuff as a Hebraist and show what it really means.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I found this   — 450 — Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise Goal #1: Protecting Life, Conscience, and Bodily Integrity. The Secretary should pursue a robust agenda to protect the fundamental right to life, protect con- science rights, and uphold bodily integrity rooted in biological realities, not ideology. From the moment of conception, every human being possesses inherent dignity and worth, and our humanity does not depend on our age, stage of development, race, or abilities. The Secretary must ensure that all HHS programs and activities are rooted in a deep respect for innocent human life from day one until natural death: Abortion and euthanasia are not health care. A robust respect for the sacred rights of conscience, both at HHS and among gov- ernments and institutions funded by it, increases choices for patients and program beneficiaries and furthers pluralism and tolerance. The Secretary must protect Americans’ civil rights by ensuring that HHS programs and activities follow the letter and spirit of religious freedom and conscience-protection laws. Radical actors inside and outside government are promoting harmful identity politics that replaces biological sex with subjective notions of “gender identity” and bases a person’s worth on his or her race, sex, or other identities. This destructive dogma, under the guise of “equity,” threatens American’s fundamental liberties as well as the health and well-being of children and adults alike. The next Secretary must ensure that HHS programs protect children’s minds and bodies and that HHS programs respect parents’ basic right to direct the upbringing, education, and care of their children.   https://static.project2025.org/2025_MandateForLeadership_CHAPTER-14.pdf   First, that is not much, if that is all that is of concern.  Secondly, I have seen all sorts of anti-Trump slander, including the Steele dossier and the lawfare he is now undergoing, to be cynical of any criticism against him, and indirectly this document.    He deserves some of what he is getting, but not all.  Thirdly, I bolded one statement of concern.   I don't think gender identity is subjective.  "Radical actors" is name calling, and there is a lot of that going around.  Maybe I am not seeing everything of concern or reading this right, but i would discuss with the author of this document concerning this.
    • Willow
      Good evening   well I finally finished reading my textbook.  Yeah.  But I still have a lot more to go for the class.     My endocrinologist always asks me about lactation.  And yes I have had some very small amounts of leakage but not on any regular basis.  I figure I blocked the discharge Duce when I pierced my nipples with scare tissue.  But who knows.  I also get asked about mammograms.  I e had my first or baseline and this fall I will need to schedule my second.   As someone in the midst of studying the Old Testament, I can say that I haven’t found any mention of pending damnation for being transgender or intersex.  The closest it comes is a verse that says men should not wear women’s clothing.  Now I don’t know each and everyone’s particulars, but I know I meet the medical definition of female gender, and even in Ohio, a State that until recently refused to allow birth certificates to be changed, I meet the criteria.  Therefore I can only conclude I am not a man wearing women’s clothing.  But there is a somewhat different scholarly explanation of that law that it should not be taken as literally as the haters want.  Mostly men should not pretend to be women to ex ape from their enemies. Or tried to hide from God.     willow
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Well, the left wing has been doing that.    I read a few things while trying to find out what the problem is and liked what I read.  But I am a conservative.    Is there something specific in there that is of concern?  Does it promise somewhere to erase trans folk? That would be problematic.
    • Ivy
      It's a plan to basically completely take over the government by the right wing.
    • Ivy
      I'm actually in Asheville tonight.  Some of the people in the support group invited me for dinner after the meeting.  We're going to get together again tomorrow again. It's been nice, 4 trans women and 1 trans man, together ar a restaurant.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I found https://www.project2025.org/policy/   I will have to read it.  I have not.  What is of concern?   The link provided earlier goes back to this forum.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      My parents were life long Democrats. 
    • Ivy
      'Nuff said. Yeah I'm not thrilled with Biden either. There are some conservative ideas I'm good with.  And I do feel that the current Democratic party is too cozy with the bankers and wealthy.  But despite all their talk, when it comes down to it, so are the Republicans.  And it's not the Dems calling for our eradication. Unfortunately, I see this election as existential for trans folks.  
    • Mmindy
      Good evening everyone,   @Birdie your CNA Is ill informed about breast and proper bra fitting.   My wife and I are checking out a campground up in Michigan just a little North of Saginaw, MI. We had a great meal at a local tavern serving delicious perch fillet dinner.   We’re going to check out the Saginaw,MI Bay area for summer time activities for when we come back on occasion. We belong to a camping club call Adventure Outdoors and have free camping at their resorts around Michigan and Ohio.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I agree.   Biden has been known to switch positions without notice, whether on abortion, Gaza or gay marriage.  Most of what he has done has been via executive order and decision, so it does not carry the force of lasting law and can be easily reversed.  I really do not trust him at all.   Trump says a lot of things.  He switches his position all the time.  Most of what he wants to do will require legislation to accomplish, some of which will simply never become law.  I do not trust him at all.   I'm not sure which is worse for trans people specifically because of this, and the fact that the other issues that surround trans folk which I attempted to isolate this question from, but here I go :) also affect trans people along with everyone else.   In either case trans folk need to be prepared. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.