• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Got glasses!!!!!!!!

DaHudie Biz

I got some girl glasses. The lenses are a little thick, but who can tell? They're big and round.

Made of gold medal and clear plastics. Matches both my hats. Got a chain too. It's gold also.

Currently I am wearing as my favorite pair of shoes a pair of gray slip on shoes that feel really good to walk in. Really like them though.

• Forum Moderator

That sounds good :)

I generally wear glasses and have accumulated several pairs over the years. To me, like watches, they a re a bit of a fashion accessory.

There is nothing like a comfy pair of shoes to boost confidence. It reminds me of an interesting experiment I once did in my early (going out) days. I spent a while around town looking at women's footwear as they passed to get an idea of styles and clothes they wore to go with them. After a while I decided it was too difficult to really see in passing because, by the time my mind had registered, the woman was gone. That gave me the idea that if I wore a pair of women's shoes people would not really notice. To test this, as an experiment, I went out into a busy town centre, not far away, and, while wearing men's clothing. Iwore a pair of Mary Jane shoes (flat with single strap). Although a bit scary as it was well before I had ever been out dressed as a woman, and did not wear makeup in those times, there were no issues whatsoever. To me the point was proved.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

One of my early purchases was a cute pair of cheap reading glasses.  They certainly helped tp provide that extra "clue" that i was female and didn't cost much.

Hugs,

Charlize

God, I love my glasses also.  They're my favorite of all the glasses I have ever owned.

Ya their a little old fashion, but no one can tell it unless you look from the side.  Don't really care.  I love them.  Transitions and everything.  It is like I have two pairs even though I only have one to keep up with.

• 3 weeks later...

I need me some boy glasses.  The ones I have now are not too effete, but they could be better.  Unfortunately my prescription is complicated and expensive, so I'll have to put them on the  wish list for now.