• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Feeling Prettier In My Skin!

Alessa

I just wanted to share some good news with someone. Background - transitioning from male to androgyne. Today I shaved my body as best as I could. It took several times, and even so, I only got the top half and not 100%. It sure is tough to shave a thick mat of hair off!! I'm smooth, and I feel beautiful in my skin today. ^_^ I got my hair died and colored my eyebrows, and I even indulged an interest in women's underwear. Even though I don't really know where I'm going yes, this sure feels right so far. :D I'm on cloud 9 today, and I'm happy to have a group I can share that with. <3 

Edited by Timber Wolf
Edit typo
  • Forum Moderator

That is great!  I started to dye my hair about a year ago and at first I was not sure but it didn't take long to get used to it. Now I'm hooked.    Shaving your body will be easier if you keep up on it.  Use a lotion or baby oil to lubricate your skin before and after.

Thanks for sharing!

Jani

36 minutes ago, Jani423 said:

That is great!  I started to dye my hair about a year ago and at first I was not sure but it didn't take long to get used to it. Now I'm hooked.    Shaving your body will be easier if you keep up on it.  Use a lotion or baby oil to lubricate your skin before and after.

Thanks for sharing!

Jani

I would never have considered lotion or oil! :o I'm told it all gets easier. Thank you for listening. ^_^

Shaving gets easier as you get more efficient at it. If you keep it short it's not as bad.  I had my hair colored also and just love it. 

12 hours ago, Thegirlinsidemyhead said:

I like it!

I might give that a shot today while I'm home bored!

11 hours ago, Rachael said:

Shaving gets easier as you get more efficient at it. If you keep it short it's not as bad.  I had my hair colored also and just love it. 

It sounds like I'll have to make it a routine to shave regularly so I don't have to metaphorically machette through a jungle again. ;) I love it too! ^_^ 

I'm happy to share that I've been changing my appearance in small steps as recommended, and I'm feeling even prettier in my skin than before. I'm also finally comfortable admitting that my sexual orientation is not what I've been pretending it to be. I've been pretending to be a strictly hetero man, but I'm a pansexual non-binary, and I couldn't be happier with myself. It's a frightening world out there to explore though. :/ I feel like I just woke up from The Matrix, and now I'm intimidated by the idea of moving forward in adventurous ways.

• Forum Moderator

I'm glad to hear you are happy with your progress.  Your sexual orientation was probably always as you see it now but you either hid or suppressed it because you felt you had to.  It's all right to be a little frightened.  Its natures way of making us be alert, particularly when in new territories, either physically or mentally. 

Rock on! 
Jani

• Forum Moderator

It becomes a your way of life, shaving and haircare. Routines to be enjoyed. :)

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

Don't let that fear rule your life completely.  Fear certainly has a role in keeping us safe but too often it also keeps us from moving towards a goal we might have for ourselves that will bring us more peace and self acceptance.  Seeing a gender therapist and being honest with her helped me find a path past that fear to the enjoyment of peace in my life for the most part.  especially in regards to gender issues.

Hugs,

Charlize

Alessa, I've found that the little things we do to feel more feminine might not be noticed by others, but WE know and that's all that matters. I'm not full-time, but I can even wear a small amount of makeup or something under my clothing and feel the connection to myself when I go out. So keep trying. Most of us see this as a journey and every step has meaning. Tracy noted shaving and washing your hair can be enjoyed - I've learned to love washing my hair again!

Gwen

• Admin

Over in my gallery here, you can see where I have gone through several hair colors over the time I have been here, but I have finally settled on my red.  (Same color as my avatar here, but that is a wig.)  Steadily moving ahead with your "adjustments" is one of the keys.  Rapid "KABOOM" type changes are the ones that have the most negative risk in them, but they may be needed at some points and have been known to have the best outcomes rather than the scariest or harmful.  A good road mark is when some one says "I don't know what it is, but lately you have seemed happier and more alive" and they really have to think what makes  you that way to them.  Since people really do not like to think that hard, they may never figure out what it is that makes you seem that way to them.  You will know you are on the right path when that happens though,.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I found that platina-blonde hair has a very feminizing effect on one’s facial features. I recently had my hair dyed platina-blonde and have been complimented way more on my feminine features than before.

Kind regards,

Elissa 

• 4 weeks later...

I can relate to several aspects of this. I tried out shaving my body hair in the past and found it to be an almost impossible task. A few weeks ago I got an electric body groomer though. With that, shaving all of my body hair went surprisingly fast, and it is not too much effort to refresh it. I feel much more like myself now.

Over the last few weeks I also bought several items of female clothing. Thanks to the winter sales it was easy to find various things to get started. Especially some tops and leggings make me see my body in a different way. Strangely enough it feels like it's a much better fit than male clothing. I went one step further and ordered a couple of skirts and a dress. I would have thought I'm going a step too far with the dress, but to my surprise I like wearing it a lot. It also feels very good wearing tights.

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Terry on your shopping spree!  At this time maybe the dress will be a bit too much but with time you'll adjust and find the right moment.  

Jani