• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Best way to start hair removal

April

Laser has been helpful for me. I had a fair amount of dark hair with some white/grey mixed in. Laser has greatly reduced my beard shadow and with the exception of a couple of trouble spots, I'm down to just the light hairs now. I'll be starting electrolysis soon to get rid of that.

The pain of laser was rough when the first couple of times when I had denser dark hairs - particularly with my upper lip and under my lower lip. After a couple of treatments I was able to stop using the numbing cream and not have a problem, but I'd encourage you to use the numbing cream when you're getting started for sure. The rubber band example is pretty close to what it felt like to me although the upper lip was more like a bee sting.

For me, laser followed by electrolysis is the quickest way to clear everything, but everyone's mileage may vary. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I had my second session. It was a bit tougher this time, because I didn't manage to get a very clean shave beforehand. But that was only for the first bit. We continued with a lower setting of the laser and it was back to just slightly uncomfortable. 

So far I can say it works extremely well. There were still a few patches left from the first session where nothing had grown back. If it's true that there are roughly two or three different sets of "active" hairs, it means everything is going according to plan. Or even better, because it seems to be unusual to see such clear results after the first session already. So for my skin/hair combination (skin type 2 I think and almost black, thick hair) it seems to be a great method.

On 2/26/2018 at 7:10 PM, jae bear said:

OMG! Ear fur is terrible! Of course it is worse for us bears...

Hugs,

Jae

I am starting w ears. Lol