• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How to make yourself look like a woman...?

Brenden McCormick

I'm a born male trying to pass as a woman. It sounds so challenging! Im 16, skinny, and 125 pounds! What do I need to get to give me the appearance of a woman. I really want to pass. Thank you all so much! :dunno:

• Forum Moderator

All of those attributes are on the list of things everyone wants!  I'm no longer 16, but I am considered skinny and only a little bit heavier than you.  I "pass" easily now and have been misgendered regularly thoughout my life.  A little foundation to smooth out your complexion and possibly trimming and contouring your eyebrows would be a good start.  Although the thicker brow look seems to be "in" right now.  Skinny jeans and lighter and brighter colors are good too.  Start slow to get a feel for how it works.  Remember this is not a sprint but a marathon race.  Take it at a comfortable pace for yourself and those around you.  

Cheers,

Jani 

There are a lot of fairly skinny women/girls, some of them even dressing in a fairly masculine style, yet you would immediately recognise them as female. Why? Because in the end it's the face that gives the strongest clues.

This has been researched fairly well recently, using computer-generated androgynous faces and similar. One major result of most of those studies seems to be that it boils down to contrast. More contrast - more female, less contrast - more male. I would actually recommend to look it up on google a bit. It's fascinating and impressive. That is why Jani's advice about applying foundation and contouring the eyebrows is really powerful - it enhances the contrast between the face and the brows (and probably also the lips).

I suspect that at your age you still won't have too much trouble with the biggest hurdle, clean shaving. For me it's close to impossible to hide my beard shadow. An elaborate combination of orange-coloured concealer on the beard (sounds odd, but actually works because it compensates for the blue-ish colour of a beard shadow) and foundation on top of it works fairly well for a couple of hours, but sooner or later it's bound to fail because the beard comes through.

• Forum Moderator

For selecting a foundation the general rule to apply a smear to your arm a bit higher than your wrist to determine how well it blends in.  This skin tone is said to approximate facial color.  The goal it to even out your completion not change it.  It's works well for me.  

Jani

Thank you so much Terry! I'm in school for cosmetology and I have a solution for your beard problem. After applying your foundations and concealers use a tinted or colorless setting powder to lock the foundation and concealer into place for a longer lasting product. It will help hide the hair better. 

• Forum Moderator

The other thing that doesn't cost anything is to watch how women move when they walk and talk.  They are different than men, taking smaller steps that are more fluid in movement and they are more expressive when speaking.   You can look like a million bucks but if you walk and talk like a guy...

Jani

Brenden, I can't add anything to what's already been said, but I am learning a lot about makeup from all of you. :)

Thanks to everyone!

I, just like most,if not all women, worry if my makeup is right. I really try not to overdo it. I am going to try some of the techniques posted here, especially the setting spray. My makeup never seems to last very long.

Brandi

Lol it's fine, setting powder is product that you use after applying foundations and concealers. You take a beauty blender or a blending brush around the beard and moustache area, along with under the eyes. This technique is called baking. After 1-2 minutes You brush off the excess powder from your face with a blending brush; and complete your look with the rest of your makeup. Setting sprays are what you use to complete the look after applying all makeup products you want to use on your face. You just simply spray your face 1-3 times after everything, and your makeup is set for the day. With little to no touch ups needed. It works wonders! :D:o

15 hours ago, Brenden McCormick said:

Thank you so much Terry! I'm in school for cosmetology and I have a solution for your beard problem. After applying your foundations and concealers use a tinted or colorless setting powder to lock the foundation and concealer into place for a longer lasting product. It will help hide the hair better. 

Thanks for that suggestion, Brenden. I'm not sure if it will be the definite solution though. The big problem is that the whiskers find there way through everything short of a thick layer of silicone (no worries, I won't ever try that! :P) eventually. I'm sure a setting powder will offer a lot of protection for any outside influences, but I'm not so sure about the brute force of coarse hair growing back.

Personally I think the only ways are either permanent removal or - maybe - learning how to do a close shave, which is far from easy with thick hair and sensitive skin. I've just ordered some (semi)professional equipment for proper wet shaving, none of which I've ever seen in a normal shop, and then I will also need to learn how to use it. If that doesn't do the trick, I will have to decide about laser hair removal. (If it does though I think it will be worth starting a dedicated thread about my experience. :))

Thank you so much Terry. Your right it's definitely not a permanent solution. But it will definitely help reduce the look of facial hair. In the link below you will find a video of some products to use on your face to get a close shave and how to really conceal and cover up facial hair. Glad I could help! :D

• 3 months later...

Always Start By Wearing Your Bra...The Most Fem Clothing Item That You Can Wear !