• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Not So Happy Pride For Me But One Beautiful Part.

• Admin

On the way to my truck last night after Los Angeles Trans Pride I tripped on the sidewalk on the way to my truck and skinned my arm up pretty bad, and just to finish the job up, broke my left wrist which was discovered when I went to the Kaiser ER on my way home and they saw the swelling in it. My left arm is in a splint from palm to elbow, and a sleeve of gauze over the skinned arm part from elbow to arm pit.  On the good end though, I was treated wonderfully in the ER even with my chart showing I am  post-op Trans.

Better yet, my chorus was in the closing show of the event and pulled off a beautifully touching number with a 9 year old Trans Girl from one of the LGBT centers youth programs where the little girl read a piece about her life, and the Chorus came on stage and serenaded her with You Have More Friends Than You Know.  

I may not be doing much here for a bit, it is hard for me to type with on had

Oh, Vicky! No bueno. ?

I'm glad to hear that Kaiser treated you well. The chorus event with the little girl sounds beautiful. Were you able to participate?

• Admin
Just now, SugarMagnolia said:

Were you able to participate?

I was not on stage, but there were several of us in the audience that stood up in our seat area and sang the second & 3 rd verses with thr chorus from there.  My accident was 3/4 of an hour later.  I had been at the event for 12 hours by then. 

I am so sorry for your injuries :(

But the rest of that story is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. I love reading about things that rekindles my faith in humanity.

Make sure to get lots of rest, that's the fastest way to heal!!!

So, Pride cometh before the fall?  *ducks*

I hope you heal quickly!

Just now, SugarMagnolia said:

So, Pride cometh before the fall?  *ducks*

I hope you heal quickly!

?Excellent word play

• Forum Moderator

I'm sorry to read that you managed to get hurt Vicky.  We are getting a bit older and need to be more careful at this point of our lives.  I'm glad at least it was your left arm.  Oops hopefully your not a lefty.  

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I am so sorry to hear this.  I fell and broke my wrist a few years ago and it was not nice.  I hope you heal well and good.  

Congratulations on the successful chorus event.  I know you are proud of that! 

Jani

• Admin

So sorry to hear about your accident, hon.  At our age, bones are pretty brittle.  i hope you have something for the pain, and that you'll heal quickly.  Congrats to you and the Chorus for another lovely show.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Admin
1 hour ago, Carolyn Marie said:

At our age, bones are pretty brittle.  i hope you have something for the pain, and that you'll heal quickly. 

I had had a blood test last Monday, and they had tested for vitamin D and calcium, and mine were normal for a person a bit younger, so I have been keeping my bones in pretty good shape, and luckily the pain has only been single Tylenol level.

• Forum Moderator

Take care Vicky

Get well soon!

Tracy x

• Forum Moderator

Take care Vicky, I hope things heal quickly....

C -

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Update--  I was going to change the dressing on my upper arm today and found the area has no open sores or bleeding, andthe bandage I had taken off was almost completely clean.  I think it is where I can by with a one of my 3/4 sleeve tops on, or one of my notoriously baggy T shirts.  (To hide the small remaining yuck factor).

Cast comes off in 12 days.  Counting down with happiness!

• Forum Moderator

Glad to hear your healing well Vicky.  As we get (just a bit) older healing can be more difficult.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

• Davie
    • Aggie1
    • Piper
    • helena
    • Hannah Renee
    • JJ Orange
    • Red_Lauren.
    • Mmindy
    • Carolyn Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

GingerRoberts
    Newest Member
    GingerRoberts

1. ArynE864
      ArynE864
      (58 years old)
    2. hel
      hel
    3. Naothebrat
      Naothebrat
      (23 years old)
    • Davie
      Ah, @MmindyI admire your courage. No matter how it goes, we'll always have your back, as will your goddess—she's a tough M-F-er! — Davie
    • helena
      Good <timeOfDay>   So the vacation is over and time for work. Back to ye ole closet 8hrs a day. Starts feeling like being inside of an iron maiden. But it's also a payday so maybe some shopping therapy is also in order...
    • Davie
      Yes,@awkward-yet-sweetyou're right. I've got a whole other "face" of me emerging these days . . . and I'd better not be scared of her too much. I need to learn to love her (me, her faces). "Facets" I like that word for it—and panim. They can help me to accept those facets a little at a time. The other day I spoke to a room full of trans folks and felt euphoria as I listened to a whole new voice of mine speak. The things she says! And she's wild with hand gestures, too. Gotta love it. Thanks, Davie
    • Mmindy
      Good evening Davie,    I feel this same thing when I go back to my hometown. Everyone there thinks of me as the hyper male, I use the project as a mechanic, firefighter, and biker. Even my siblings think of me as the patriarch of the family. I’ve never tolerated hate or disrespectful comments referencing the LGBTQA or special needs community. That being said very few from my hometown would understand my transgender feelings. I will be back there this weekend for a retirement party, and again for the Labor Day Weekend with family. Like you said, It will be fun, we’ll tell stories about the good old days, but my wife and I will feel as though we’re wearing masks. Since I’m not out to anyone but her & her sister. I’ll be wearing nice colorful clothes, my hair will be down in curly locks, held back with a multi colored cloth headband or sun glasses. My nails will be manicured, slightly longer than the end of my fingers with a mat finish. I won’t wear makeup, however my eyebrows will be neatly trimmed. I will also be wearing my favorite silver and turquoise jewelry. I’m not sure how I’ll handle or answer questions about my androgynous presentation. I do expect some will notice, and talk will take place once I leave. Maybe these questions will lead to some making the connection to my pro LGBTQA Facebook postings. If I’m questioned directly, I won’t deny my changing feelings. To say I don’t have anxiety building up in anticipation would be a lie.    Hugs,    Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋💖
    • Fly2188
      As a relatively new parent some of your questions about how parents and childhood affect us have been interesting to watch.    When we announced that we were having a boy to family. My dad immediately got excited that he could dust off his model trains. It was like he didn’t realize he could do the same if we had a girl?   At only two months old I found my mother-in-law holding our son at our front window pointing to trucks going down our street. Would she have done the same if we had a girl? Maybe, but I doubt it.    At 4-6 months my father-in-law was playing with a football with our son. Now he probably would have done the same with a daughter, but who knows.    When shopping for clothes for out little one we look at both the boys and girls sections. A big proportion of girls clothing is pink and the vast majority has frilly/lacy/flowery accents on it. Why is there no pink in the boys section? Why does all the girls clothing have hyper-feminine accents?   All that to say that gender norms start influencing us before we’re even aware of it, to some extent they influence us before we’re even born. 
    • Justsam
      Haha yep, I use humour to hide my anxiety as well. Yeah, maybe just having someone waiting outside for you might be all the help you need. I do remember one time when I had to go to the gyno, it was just before I started transitioning. My girlfriend came in with me and she saw how scared/embarrassed I was so while the doc was doing his thing, she flashed her boobs at me 😂 that's definitely helped to relieve the tension. You just have to do whatever is right for you at the end of the day 
    • Sol
      I do have one friend but I wouldn't feel comfortable with her being in the room beyond prerequisites and going over everything at the end. Hell, I'm not even comfortable with my MOTHER being in the room during any physical exams. The thought makes me cringe, but I can always just ask her to wait outside if that's what I decide is best for me in that case. I guess you could argue that I'm not very shy about my genitals, I would just prefer nobody see them. And I can kind of relate to Cambodians, @Justsam, because when I get nervous I start rambling and making jokes 😅
    • Sol
      I bought some men's exercise shorts and I actually didn't notice is had a hole in the front until over two months after I bought it 😅 Still my absolutely favorite thing to wear during periods cause it's not tight on the crotch at all.
    • Sol
      My sister is one of my biggest supporters, and I strive to be that way for her too. And I think I'm succeeding, cause we get along way better than we did when we were younger (we have a bigger age difference and I was going through a lot emotionally all the time).
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.thedailybeast.com/david-bogdanov-guilty-of-hate-crime-for-strangling-transgender-teen-nikki-kuhnhausen     Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Wow, Samuel, I think you've covered this really well.  I honestly can't think of too much you've left out.  One thing you could work on is male voice.  I'm not talking about pitch and tone, as those will change naturally with HRT.  I'm talking more about rhythm, pace, volume, word choices and mannerisms.  There is a huge difference in how men and women speak.  Along with that are how one stands, alone and in relation to others, the use of arms and hands, etc.  I'm sure there are many Youtube videos on it.   I wish you luck!   Carolyn marie
    • CD Rachel
      @Bobbi-BIMy "compulsion" to write has sky rocketed. I feel like I am much more in touch with my feelings. I am writing poetry and have even written a short story. I often feel as like if I do not start writing what I am feeling that I will explode. I am also feeling much differently about reaching out to others. Before I wanted to but it was a weak desire, but the urge to go out and be seen as Rachel and wanting to be where the people are has greatly increased. I feel that I am willing to put myself out there now and meet new people and make new friends. Oh and I almost never danced before. I was very self conscious and felt like a total idiot out on the dance floor. BUT Rachel dances!! She loves to dance. Dancing is better than $3x!!! Do not stand between me and the dance floor, someone may get hurt. LOL   Oh also when I write it is an emotional thing. I can only seem to write when I have tears pouring down my cheeks. I look up from my tear soaked keyboard and something beautiful has appeared on the page.  Something that has been purchased with my pain.    ~Rachel  
    • Carolyn Marie
      People often talk about us being brave.  I think the word is overused, but when it comes to "getting out of our comfort zone," as you put it, Colleen, it really does take a bit of courage.  It's especially apt in the early stages of transition, when we don't look our best yet, or our voices aren't just right, or we're just nervous.   What you said rings very true, and should give others here some courage of their own, that people are generally more kind and tolerant than we thought they would be.  I felt those doubts and fears too, but it didn't take long to learn to relax and enjoy the journey.  Thanks for contributing your thoughts.  They will help others.   Carolyn Marie
    • CD Rachel
      @Heather Nicole I am glad you went and enjoyed it. The more you venture forth as Heather the more confident you will get.   ~Rachel
    • Maddee
      Walk the high wire on tiptoes
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.