• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Not So Happy Pride For Me But One Beautiful Part.

• Admin

On the way to my truck last night after Los Angeles Trans Pride I tripped on the sidewalk on the way to my truck and skinned my arm up pretty bad, and just to finish the job up, broke my left wrist which was discovered when I went to the Kaiser ER on my way home and they saw the swelling in it. My left arm is in a splint from palm to elbow, and a sleeve of gauze over the skinned arm part from elbow to arm pit.  On the good end though, I was treated wonderfully in the ER even with my chart showing I am  post-op Trans.

Better yet, my chorus was in the closing show of the event and pulled off a beautifully touching number with a 9 year old Trans Girl from one of the LGBT centers youth programs where the little girl read a piece about her life, and the Chorus came on stage and serenaded her with You Have More Friends Than You Know.  

I may not be doing much here for a bit, it is hard for me to type with on had

Oh, Vicky! No bueno. ?

I'm glad to hear that Kaiser treated you well. The chorus event with the little girl sounds beautiful. Were you able to participate?

• Admin
Just now, SugarMagnolia said:

Were you able to participate?

I was not on stage, but there were several of us in the audience that stood up in our seat area and sang the second & 3 rd verses with thr chorus from there.  My accident was 3/4 of an hour later.  I had been at the event for 12 hours by then. 

I am so sorry for your injuries :(

But the rest of that story is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. I love reading about things that rekindles my faith in humanity.

Make sure to get lots of rest, that's the fastest way to heal!!!

So, Pride cometh before the fall?  *ducks*

I hope you heal quickly!

Just now, SugarMagnolia said:

So, Pride cometh before the fall?  *ducks*

I hope you heal quickly!

?Excellent word play

• Forum Moderator

I'm sorry to read that you managed to get hurt Vicky.  We are getting a bit older and need to be more careful at this point of our lives.  I'm glad at least it was your left arm.  Oops hopefully your not a lefty.  

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I am so sorry to hear this.  I fell and broke my wrist a few years ago and it was not nice.  I hope you heal well and good.  

Congratulations on the successful chorus event.  I know you are proud of that! 

Jani

• Admin

So sorry to hear about your accident, hon.  At our age, bones are pretty brittle.  i hope you have something for the pain, and that you'll heal quickly.  Congrats to you and the Chorus for another lovely show.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Admin
1 hour ago, Carolyn Marie said:

At our age, bones are pretty brittle.  i hope you have something for the pain, and that you'll heal quickly. 

I had had a blood test last Monday, and they had tested for vitamin D and calcium, and mine were normal for a person a bit younger, so I have been keeping my bones in pretty good shape, and luckily the pain has only been single Tylenol level.

• Forum Moderator

Take care Vicky

Get well soon!

Tracy x

• Forum Moderator

Take care Vicky, I hope things heal quickly....

C -

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Update--  I was going to change the dressing on my upper arm today and found the area has no open sores or bleeding, andthe bandage I had taken off was almost completely clean.  I think it is where I can by with a one of my 3/4 sleeve tops on, or one of my notoriously baggy T shirts.  (To hide the small remaining yuck factor).

Cast comes off in 12 days.  Counting down with happiness!

• Forum Moderator

Glad to hear your healing well Vicky.  As we get (just a bit) older healing can be more difficult.

Hugs,

Charlize