• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Study on Play Preferences of Transgender Kids

Dev

• Admin

Good morning!

I've been contacted by Ms. Melissa Evans, a graduate student in Developmental and Therapeutic Play at Swansea University in the UK.  She's interested in how the play preferences of transgender children - including those who didn't realize they were trans at the time - might differ from the stereotypical expectations.  This survey is open to transgender people over the age of 18 as well as parents, family members, or friends of trans folks who are acquainted with their play habits.

I've taken the survey and found it to be entirely harmless - barring any specific traumatic memories you may have associated with play, I didn't see anything in the questions asked that has the potential to trigger any issues.  The survey is completely anonymous.  Contact information for Ms. Evans and her research supervisor is available within the survey itself.

If you'd like to help with this research, you can do so at the link below.

https://qtrial2018q2az1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3BN96R8rnzRwmS9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would be incredibly grateful for anyone else willing to take part in this questionnaire, I need a few more responses for my research. This survey will be closing soon so if you can spare 20 minutes it would make a world of difference for my dissertation!

Thanks

Melissa 

• Forum Moderator

I just did the survey and it is relatively short and easy.  I certainly conjured up fond memories for me. 

Jani

I completed it, I actually found it quite nice to reminisce on how the signs truly were there from a very young age. Makes you wonder how much the world could improve if we actually listened to children and observed behavioural patterns before pigeon holing everybody into a certain label

I completed it, but it seems I was 100% the opposite of what they “believe”. But then again I’m weird. ? Lol 

football captain to prom queen! Haha

I completed it. Seemed interesting - definately see the signs now that I look back. 

I also completed it.  Lots of narrative subjective info that would seem hard to sift through for a research project.  It would be interesting to see how it's used. 

• Forum Moderator

Thats what I thought as well but I'm sure there will be a wealth of data to parse.

Jani