• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A change is coming...

Katy Ann

So many times I have came here wanting to share my feelings .. yet I chose to log out and say to myself maybe tomorrow.  I've been seeing a therapist and let's just say there is more to me inside than I though... My feelings go beyond just dressing in women's clothes... I didn't realize it went much deeper than that. Well let's just  say I always knew I felt more like a woman inside... But I agreed with my wife to just dress in women's clothe's  and it would not go any further. ..  Well it's going to change.

It felt so good to get it out and share it with my thearpist.  I know it's hard for my wife to understand. I don't plan on leaving . But I want more freedom to be me.. And I deserve that. I've always held back not wanting to hurt her ,my family and friends... I mean here i'am 58 yes old and I'm afraid of enjoying my life the way I want. I want to know what it's like to wear make up and stockings ,pretty shoes... and feel that feeling that that I've always felt.

My wife ask if i was going to tell our children?   Right now I said no ...but if the right time comes along yes. You know i regret alot of things in my life...,But I don't regret coming out and saying this is who i'am.   I truly believe things are going to be ok. 

With the help of my thearpist I will get through this... My wife ? I believe she will always love me and be there. We'll I pray she does. I'am hoping she will help me shop. She has great taste and is wonderful with putting outfits together.. ?  I want to buy a pair of pumps ,but I have a big foot .. 

And I know i can't just walk into a shoe store and try on a pair... I've looked at some of the photos here and have seen so many wearing such cute clothes and pumps. I would appreciate if anyone would tell me where I could  buy shoes and clothes.. Just trying to find my style so I need to try different things.

The  things I have now I've had along time and of course some came from my wife's closet.  Ok I need to get back to work.. I will take it slow... well not to slow... I'm not a young man anymore with alot of time on my hands... Thanks for being here for me.

Have a Great Day! 

Katy 

• Forum Moderator

Hello Katy.  Thank you for sharing!  This is so liberating when we admit to ourselves we have been hiding and we don't want to hide any longer.  Take it slow, for yourself and your wife.  Tell your children in due time.  

3 hours ago, Katy Ann said:

You know i regret alot of things in my life...,But I don't regret coming out and saying this is who i'am.   I truly believe things are going to be ok. 

Living with regret is horrible.  No More!  Things will be OK if you want and let them be.  

As for shoes, I understand DSW stocks larger sizes as does some Payless stores.  Have fun! 

Jani

Hi Katy,

You say that you are not a young man any more.  You are now a mature woman, in the prime of her life.

I hope that you find some nice clothes and shoes.

Robin.

Welcome, Katy!

Nordstrom rack goes up to size 13 in store. Not the biggest selection, but definitely better than most stores if you like to shop in person.

Julie

It’s good to hear your story. I love shoes, heels I have to get a size 16 to get my foot in them. EHH (exotic high heels) have quite a few nice ones. Hope you find some you like. 

Thank you Jani, 

I plan on living life to the fullest. And i'am going to enjoy letting  out these feelings  I've been holding in for so long...I will check out those shoes stores... 

Thanks,

Katy Ann

SugarMagnolia,  

Not comfortable enough to go shopping for shoes. Maybe I could have my wife go with me... That would be fun  to shop with her... Guess I will be asking her.  Maybe I'll be surprised  and she will agree to go.

Katy Ann

Robin, OMG! I have just begun and  plan on enjoying this new journey i'm on.

Hope  to find some cute clothes.and shoes. Just need to figure out my style. So  much to choose from. ?

Katy Ann  .

Rachael, 

I wear an 11 wide.. I knoww will need a larger size in the  pumps.. and other shoes. But it's good to know you can buy shoes to fit.  Been looking online.  Can't wait to have pretty things in my closet. .  Can't wait to start shopping.?

Katy Ann