• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

My wife has flat out said, she married me a man. not me but me the man. Neither my wife nor my youngest believe that no matter what happens I am still me inside. 

I look at there loss when I leave. Because as soon as I drive away that final time. I will be going as a female.

Hey I am officially female anyway. my Drivers license says I am female.

Kymmie

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

You didn't need the drivers license to know you are a woman. Do what you must to be the you you know yourself to be.

On 9/12/2020 at 10:00 PM, ElizabethStar said:

It took a week but I watched all 3 season of Dark Matter then I ended tonight watching the Movie Stardust. Love that movie.

WHat did ya think of Dark Matter?  I loved it.  Im a scifi geek and it's been awhile since a good one came out.  Have you seen The Expanse?  I loved that as well.  And Stardust..OMG. That's right there with Princess Bride IMO.

22 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

On a side note. I got a call from HR at the end of the day on Friday regarding changing everything to my preferred name. Aside from drafting a letter to go out to company they are writing company policies for including  members of the LGBTQIA community.

Seriously, Liz, you're my hero.  You're bravery has probably changed the lives of many many people who come after you. It was so easy for me since I own the biz and nothing was on the line except the possibility of losing an employee or two if they had issues I wasn't aware of.

You go girl, stand tall and proud and beautifully!

(Insert happy tears here)

XOXO Bri

I've been waking up early with my wife so we can get a good walk in before I have to go to work lately and I have to say, I'm back to reslishing my morning coffee.  Don't get me wrong, I've always loved my coffee it has been rushed in order to get everything done before work. Now, I take my time and enjoy every delicious sip.  The walking has been paying off physically and mentally.  I'm feeling the best in both departments that I have since I was maybe 25 (half a life ago). 

My weekend was pretty good all things considered. I'm having to work more because of a crappy situation at me business (pun intended). At the height of Covid, our town commandeered the hotel next to my shop to house homeless who were suspected or positive for Covid.  Of course, they made no effort to keep them IN the hotel and they have taken to panhandling in front of my business and now- A guy took a crap by my front door and left dirty underwear there.  My receptionist quit because of it.  Now I'm working 7 days a week until I can find someone who only wants weekend hours which is a challenge given the nice unemployment benefits being offered.  

I did get someone to cover most of the shift Sunday so I could go on a nice mushroom forage and then "relax" watching my Dolphins look like my "same o'l Dolphins" :(. It was nice to watch football again though.  

On an HRT note it's been two weeks and I'm not sure I feel any different.  Early days- I know.  The only thing I have noticed is my bottom parts seem to be shut off which is SO nice not waking up to that!  On the flip side I'm finding that my wife is "turning me on" more but in an "emotional" way not physical.  It's weird, lol.  She's feeling the same way so there's that.  

Anyways... ramble over.  Have a wonderful day ladies

XOXO Bri

PS: Stay safe out there in the West as well and the Gulf.  Oof-2020 disasters keep coming.  

@Bri2020I like Dark Matter,  wish there were more that 3 seasons. I haven't gotten around to watching the latest season of The Expanse. Princess Bride was one of the first in digital movie collection.

It's got to be incredibly hard surviving through a pandemic as a business owner. We already lost 2 of our people because of the unemployment benefits.

Good Morning, today is the first day of the family vacation. I got some initial reaction of having longer hair that wasn't great, but I am trying to put it behind me. About to get up and my first cup of coffee, maybe walk down to the beach and feel the sand. The goal this week is to stay grounded and try to spend time with my family. It is the last vacation I am going to be taking as <<deadname>>, so why not try to leave as happy of memories as possible I guess.

Hi everyone another start to the week. I did have a good evening on Saturday. A group of friends my wife and are close to. We had dinner with each other. The conversation came up about my name and I told them at the first of the year I’m going to do my name change. They asked if they   Should start using my new name I said yes. I was told they would gladly start using my name. It felt so great for it to be such a non issue with them. They keep reminding me that who cares what people think of me that is there problem.

On another note my dad apparently tested positive for COVID. The relationship with my parents is rocky after I came out to them. So I was talking to my brother in law and he asked how my dad was and I was like I guess he is fine. Then he told me that he tested positive I was like oh. Well they never told you I said no. I’m gonna pretty much assume that my relationship with my parents is over. Since they can’t seem to at least mention it to me.

@Emily michelle That is great that you have such supportive friends. Keep in mind that sometimes your friends can make up family better than blood family. I hope that your dad is at least okay, but sorry that they have made a decision to not have a relationship, at least for the moment.

Good morning!

In the beginning of my sixth week since surgery; starting to feel a bit more myself each day. I actually did my make up while in bed(attaching photo below) so it was nice to actually look myself and wear something other than pajamas. Spent a majority of the day on the couch, first day in weeks I’ve done that. Had a few friends over, so was a good weekend. 

@Bri2020 I remember the beginning of my hormone therapy and how after the first month I noticed my first changes beginning. It is such a relief when things begin, like you just can’t stop smiling. Hate to hear that about the receptionist. 

@Emily michelle Hopefully your dads COVID moves on quickly without any issues! I’m sorry to hear that. 1526C02A-46C7-4067-91A2-BEC8F2583E63.thumb.jpeg.6efb8a3ca09f2b50dd8685177e0c2741.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

@Kylie beautiful...you are a gorgeous woman.

@QuestioningAmber good attitude do your best and be kind to family and more importantly be kind and loving to yourself 

@Emily michelle I hope your dad recovers soon and continue to plant good seeds and support will keep growing.

Love you all

Heather Shay

Your makeup looks great Kylie! Looks like each day your making progress that is all that matters glad to hear that some friends were able to come over. I’d be going nuts not being able to do anything.

2 hours ago, Kylie said:

Good morning!

In the beginning of my sixth week since surgery; starting to feel a bit more myself each day. I actually did my make up while in bed(attaching photo below)

Looking great Kylie! I need to learn to do makeup at some point. Happy to hear you're making progress.

3 hours ago, QuestioningAmber said:

About to get up and my first cup of coffee, maybe walk down to the beach and feel the sand. The goal this week is to stay grounded and try to spend time with my family. It is the last vacation I am going to be taking as <<deadname>>, so why not try to leave as happy of memories as possible I guess.

Ahhh, the beach!  Enjoy, like you said make some happy memories. That's what life is all about.  

Thanks ladies! I learned by YouTube! I’ve bought a bunch of make up while I’ve been laid up. I am excited that I’m feeling better each day. Thank you all for your well wishes and positive words. ?

Youtube has some great makeup tips. I have learned a lot that way but, sometimes I wish there was someone to enjoy it with. Most of the time, I am glad there is no one around to see my failures. I swear if I ever get it right, I'll likely cry until it is ruined. LOL

I'm glad you're recovering well Kylie. 

• Forum Moderator

Kylie looking good. If I looked half as good as you do. I'd be a happy girl.

Kymmie

Thank you ladies!

you guys would laugh so hard if you saw all my failures in the beginning. I looked like a clown! It is so interesting to see the progress. Keep trying! It will happen! I also did a lot of in store help at Sephora, they are amazing!

• Forum Moderator

I wish I had a Sephora close. I think the nearest is 60-75 miles away. We do have a Ulta beauty in Cheyenne that I so need to visit. There is also a retired drag queen in Cheyenne who did my hair (when it was longer) who has offered to show the trans VA ladies makeup.

Well TGIF for me. Also closing. Hence I am here at this time. LOL.

Take care,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@Kylie your eyes with or without make up are amazing - and you have such a beautiful face structure to start with - 

1 hour ago, Bobbie Scott said:

Good morning . Does Sephora work  with trans people?

Yes, they specifically had a tutorial program for trans people but at least around me, all in person tutorials are on hold since you are required to wear masks.  Contact your local one and see if they still do them.  

4 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Yes, they specifically had a tutorial program for trans people but at least around me, all in person tutorials are on hold since you are required to wear masks.  Contact your local one and see if they still do them.  

I think it depends on the Sephora.  My closest store does not work with Trans people.