• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

It was a great car, only had about 68K on her. OH, well. I'm going to transfer some of the stuff over to our 85 Two dr  crown vic. Sell off some other stuff.

Kymmie

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May the poor girl rest in peace. I had a 97 with low miles also. It sat in a garage for 3 years.  Gave it to my stepdaughter, She's still driving it.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bobbie Scott said:

Sorry girls, I still love cars.

Hey there @Bobbie Scott,

I've said this to @jae bear on several occasions. Girls can be MOTOR HEADS, Race Team Leaders, and even Girly Girls can be Motor Heads.

Have you hugged an engine today?

Mindy???

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Liquid motivation came in cold form today. (Mt Dew) a little nervous today because I’m heading with the family down to Illinois to surprise both of the boys grandpas for their birthday. This will be the first time I’ve fully presented to any family. 

1 hour ago, JustineM said:

This will be the first time I’ve fully presented to any family. 

Scary.    Hope it goes well for you.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, JustineM said:

This will be the first time I’ve fully presented to any family. 

Best wishes, and positive vibes as you welcome the family into your new circle of trusted family.

Hugs,

Mindy???

@KymmieL Sorry to hear about your wheels. Hopefully the salvage is good.

@JustineM Good luck, hope it goes well.

Got my hair done last week, first time with a traditionally fem style. Went with a chin length bob, that really works with my natural curls. What an awesome and amazingly affirming experience it was. My stylist was so chill and she took great of me. Can't wait until my next appointment already.

For me, work has no updated my contact details in all systems except payroll. My name change is off to the government. Probably a little more than a month before I hear back and can get my new birth certificate and name change form and complete the updates at work. With my contact details changed in most systems, word is starting to spread around a little faster. Still nothing but support from those who have reached out and those I have interacted with.

Trying to book an appointment for tomorrow to get my ear lobes pierced. Did some online retail therapy earlier in the week, now waiting for the first installments to my fall wardrobe to arrive.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, stay safe! Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, JustineM said:

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Liquid motivation came in cold form today. (Mt Dew) a little nervous today because I’m heading with the family down to Illinois to surprise both of the boys grandpas for their birthday. This will be the first time I’ve fully presented to any family. 

Is it weird that I pictured that as a Scooby-Doo style reveal? You rip the rubber mask off and, "Ah ha! It was Justine all along and she would have gotten away with it too if not for you meddling kids!"

Either way, best of luck. May you find only acceptance and love!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Girls can be MOTOR HEADS, Race Team Leaders,

Yes, I used to race against some fierce women, many of whom knew their cars inside out.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Hey there @Bobbie Scott,

I've said this to @jae bear on several occasions. Girls can be MOTOR HEADS, Race Team Leaders, and even Girly Girls can be Motor Heads.

Have you hugged an engine today?

Mindy???

wow, I knew my rabbit ears were burning! Yes indeed, I know plenty of women, both CIS gender and trans that love cars, motorcycles, mechanical things in general and are just gearheads galore! Nothing like the site of a Chrysler 400 in.³ block on your engine  stand stuffed with a forged 440 crank turned down to fit the mains with flat top Keith black pistons decked .005” below the top ready to stuff into your 1969 Dodge Charger... that’s 451 in.³ for all those boys out there who didn’t  know how to do the math! I love baffling them with that combo as they’ve never quite heard of it before...  But I usually get a marriage proposal right after baffling them!

0CA831B3-BAFE-4BB2-AE40-B1544BFE801D.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

@jae bear @Jani what what what.... Jae Bear plays guitar. Jani you should have said something. She needs to add some tracks to our stuff. GIRL POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is I used to love anything that was loud fast and had wheels or tracks. Now I can’t even stand them but, then doing it 7 days a week burns you out. Half of the time it’s not the piece of equipment it is the operator or the driver that I can’t stand especially when you hear that costs money and can you have it fixed in 5 minutes lol. Oh well such is life haha

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

Half of the time it’s not the piece of equipment it is the operator or the driver

Doing anything for a long time and we get subject to burn out.  Look at it this way, those bad operators provided work for you which you used to live and support yourself. 

@KymmieL good luck!

thanks for the kind words. Actually big changes are under way for me. Interviewed for a new position in an ICU in Raleigh NC. They offered, so looks like end of November I’ll be moving. Now just to find people to pack 90% of my house! 

Oh my goddess! This went so well! My biological family have all said I look so much happier. They even gave me a new real hair wig! Flying on cloud 9 3/4 right now.  Thank you ladies for all the kind words. 

• Forum Moderator

Even though I am a girl now, I'm not giving up my bike or my hot rods. I've been a motorhead for two long.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Even though I am a girl now, I'm not giving up my bike or my hot rods. I've been a motorhead for two long.

Kymmie

Why would you? Biker chicks... girl mechanics... just wow. Always been attracted to both groups.

If you look up "My Metal Family" on YouTube... watch the intro. I would have reacted exactly the same way. 

Hugs!

6 hours ago, jae bear said:

wow, I knew my rabbit ears were burning! Yes indeed, I know plenty of women, both CIS gender and trans that love cars, motorcycles, mechanical things in general and are just gearheads galore! Nothing like the site of a Chrysler 400 in.³ block on your engine  stand stuffed with a forged 440 crank turned down to fit the mains with flat top Keith black pistons decked .005” below the top ready to stuff into your 1969 Dodge Charger... that’s 451 in.³ for all those boys out there who didn’t  know how to do the math! I love baffling them with that combo as they’ve never quite heard of it before...  But I usually get a marriage proposal right after baffling them!

0CA831B3-BAFE-4BB2-AE40-B1544BFE801D.jpeg

Omergerd ... Jackie I love Mopar.

This made my morning thank you.

We didn't get any big block cars here so we had to make do with LAs, still a 318 done right makes 330hp ?

I'm still wondering how or if my car friends will accept my changes.

Though I'm coming to the realisation that it shouldn't matter. I'll be me and that will be that.

Hugs

Robin

3 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Kymmie

And that's how it should be ?

Hugs

Robin