• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Good morning everyone,

Thank you all for being here. You've helped me in so many ways.

My wife and I are not doing the family thing this year, just the two of us. This will be the first time ever. Another first is that I want to dress up a little when we eat. I know it'll only be for maybe an hour but I want to look nice. When I was still pretending to be a guy I used to whine about having to dress nice. Now I look for reasons. I kind of wish I was just office at work so I wean nicer things but I'm not and I have to do some service calls to justify keeping the company car.

I had my realestate attorney call me yesterday. She was calling to notify me that the sellers have agreed to my final terms. When I answered I announced myself as Elizabeth. It's what I do now. It didn't seem to throw her off at all. She did of course use my dead name because legally I still am.

I did my week 3 injection this morning. I was a little sleepy and forgot it was Thursday, not Friday. I don't think it will, but hope it doesn't cause any issues being a day early. Or anything next week when I do it a day late to get back to Friday mornings.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

I actually made a thanksgiving supper for myself last night, as I have to work tonight. But I'll be doing a Zoom gathering with my family this afternoon. Hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday!

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

Fixed some grits and eggs for breakfast.  I'll be heading to my son's place in awhile.  

They plan on frying a turkey.  So of course I searched for "exploding turkey" videos - they weren't all that impressive tho.

I've been blessed with an abundance of wonderful advice from so many of you here at TransPulse.  Have a safe, peaceful Thanksgiving, everyone!

Being vegetarian, we'll again pardon our turkey this year.  ??  My daughter and I made pumpkin pie last night -- maybe it should be the main course today!

With gratefulness,

Astrid

1 hour ago, Jandi said:

So of course I searched for "exploding turkey" videos

The late comedian Irma Bombeck had a take-off on that theme with her "Turkey Bomb" recipe -- where you stuff the turkey with popcorn! ?

1 hour ago, Astrid said:

The late comedian Irma Bombeck had a take-off on that theme with her "Turkey Bomb" recipe -- where you stuff the turkey with popcorn! ?

Loved Irma Bombeck.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, 

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate it. For those from around the world who don't, I'm still thankful for the help you've offered here. 

My prayers, best wishes, and positive energy today are for those who are estranged from family no mater the reason. 

You are loved, valued, and worthy of being who you need to be.

Hugs,

Mindy???

Happy Thanksgiving for all of you who celebrate it.

I've always thought that it is a really meaningful holiday, so even if we do not celebrate it here, I'm thankful of the safe haven that this place is, for your support, opennes and warmth. 

• Forum Moderator

Oh boy, I ate too much.  Just my wife and I.  We shared prep and cooking. She made some I mad3 other things.  I’d have to say it was on3 of our better meals.

So glad to have y’all here.  @KymmieL I’m so glad you started this.  I hope you don’t mind that I try to help you with promoting it and helping all our wonderful friends.

I hope everyone’s day was as good as mine.

hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, ReyArrivesL8 said:

Happy Thanksgiving All! I'm new here but want to thank you all for your wisdom and words of encouragement. 

Welcome to TransPulseForums @ReyArrivesL8 Happy Thanksgiving ? 

You're among kind and friendly people here.

I know the holiday is an American one, but just the same, we all can find something to be thankful for, I'm sure.  These are unprecedented times, but let's remember we are all brothers and sisters sharing this amazing blue planet.  So, let's not be selfish, instead, we need to always make sure that our actions, no matter how insignificant, always have impact on others. (Wear a mask)

It is my sincere hope each and every one of you find reason to give thanks.  I wish you all the best. Be safe and please, all of you take care.    

• Forum Moderator

Thank you everyone for your warm wishes!  Hello @ReyArrivesL8, and welcome.  Please join in.  

My wife and I celebrated alone with a nice meal and dessert.  We received a call from my parents and a text from our son.  (there's a generational gap in communication)

Cheers to all, 

Jani

At my son’s house.   My daughter in law made so much good stuff that I’m about to pop.  
I’ll be crashing here in the camper and head home tomorrow.    Hate driving in the dark these days.  
Got to play with my brand new granddaughter.  

I am thankful for my family, especially how they let me be myself. 

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful “There goes my diet” Day. Had a nice relaxing day at home playing board games with my wife and kids. My sister in law brought us some stuff she made for dinner so didn’t even have to do any cooking. 

Okay today actually went really well! 

I let my little sister help me make the pies and I had some left over mix so I made dessert empanadas and they turned out pretty awesome!! I am really happy to have wonderful neighbors who brought over some turkey for my little sister and I. 

I am thankful for a lot of things, more than I can type haha

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I’ve decided it’s offensive to call today ..... Friday but I never ever shop today either.

Together, my wife and I made a wonderful meal yesterday likely one of our best.  Everything was don’t exactly when planned and oh so good.  We both ate too much.

Happy for each other and the life we continue to make, sad that we were alone on this day of gathering.

have a great day.  Stay out of the crowded stores if possible.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Well everything was great yesterday. Good food good company even kidnapped one of my grandsons. Brought him to Grandma and grandpa's for the weekend. Grandma is going to take him home on Sun.

Did some bench racing too. My daughter in law's best friends boy friend is a big car guy. was great talking cars. It has been ages since I was really able to do that.

I'm like you Willow I refuse to shop any of this Holiday. It was bad enough having to work during it. Let alone be part of it.

Hugs,

Kymmie

It sounds like everyone had a great day yesterday. I'm really happy to have read so many wonderful posts. I had my kids and we spent the day stuffing our faces and watching movies or playing video games. They enjoyed the day I think. I'm always sad when they have to leave but, that is exactly why I make sure I am right here and available to them when they are here. I am sad that I have to miss half of their time since my divorce. In a lot of ways I guess I feel lucky I get that. I am thankful for finding the strength to break free of the harshness I was experiencing.

I made coffee this morning and have been cooking bacon in the oven. I will be doing all of my holiday shopping online this year. I hope to avoid store as much as possible for the next few weeks. My ex and her family don't care about the virus and had a gathering of over 15 people yesterday and are doing it again today. I can't control that but, I disagree with such blatant disregard of reality in the name of tradition. At the same time, I do understand how difficult life is for people that are not used to being alone. 

• Forum Moderator

We had a really nice (and small) gathering yesterday. We stretched the rules a little. My niece has a friend that would have otherwise spent the holiday alone. Her parents are ... not great ... and she was feeling very alone. She burst into tears when she got back to her car because of how nice we were to her. My emotions are mixed. I'm happy we got to make her day better, but I feel terrible that she was feeling so low that our little act of human compassion brought her to tears. She's an adult and I want to adopt her.

Sure, there was food and we put together a puzzle after dinner but making someone else's day better is what I'm going to treasure.

Hugs!